Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clashing kits

Anyone seen the highlights of the West Bromwich v Blackburn game today?
I have no doubt the players, in real life and all that, had no problem distinguishing each other, but I really struggled to see who was who while watching this online. Should those watching on TV or online be considered when selecting kits? Or is it just me that finds this a problem?
I was so surprised to see a team that usually wears blue and white playing in, er, white whilst playing another team in blue and white, that I looked up online to find out whether Blackburn have a third kit. They do. It’s blue.
WTF? Who made that decision?

Comments

• Doesnt look problematic to me... Blackburn are playing in Grey in that image

• That’s pretty close up and good quality still shot.
    like I said, I’m viewing online and it was very difficult to distinguish them from the video from the gantry shots. 
  • Was the same with millwall against Sheffield Wednesday the other week. From a distance blue vs dark green is not a good combination. I guess not every team has a third kit. 
  • edited August 2019
    Here are a couple of screenshots from the video.
    I know they’re a bit blurry, but that’s what screenshotting video on an iPad gives you! Remember, the picture is constantly moving and you’re trying to keep track of sometimes ten or so players, including some moving in and out of shot.
    I guess it’s not that important, but surely in the digital age, they should be making it easy for those of us using streaming services to be able to distinguish them?
    And the easy, obvious solution is to have a shirt that is very different, like red, for example. It’s not even like Blackburn have an irrational, spursesque hatred for the colour red, as I remember they used to play in red away from home in their premier league years.
    I just find it a bit odd and slightly irritating.

• I'll have a watch on the EFL highlights tonight but for me I cant see issue myself

Of course players moving is different to photos
  • I'll have a watch on the EFL highlights tonight but for me I cant see issue myself

Of course players moving is different to photos
    Really? Maybe it is just my eyes then.
    What time does specsavers close?
     ;) 
  • Would have been better with dark shorts on WBA
  • I'm not sure what's worse here, @lordromford 's eyesight, or whoever decided that green socks were a good idea with a grey kit?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Honestly not much of an issue for me, the black stands out more than enough to differentiate. 
  • Saw the goals from Crewe Bradford earlier. Very hard to tell them apart. One team in res and one in orange. 
  • Noticed this on goals express earlier. Was a bit confusing at times. 
  • buckshee said:
    Noticed this on goals express earlier. Was a bit confusing at times. 
    Knew I could rely on you.
    Was starting to think I’d imagined it...
  • Honestly not much of an issue for me, the black stands out more than enough to differentiate. 
    Black? 
  • Watching Quest tonight, I thought the Bradford orange away kit was a bit similar to Crewe's red shirts as well

Weird as the orange kit is their 3rd kit and their 2nd kit (mainly white) wouldn't have clashed at all
  • I'm with Lord Romford on this. In fact I'd probably take things a little further in outlawing the use of pathetic away kits.  If I was in charge, the following rules would be applied:
    1. Every home team must wear their traditional 1st team colours (in fairness, I think they all do)
    2. Every away team must wear their traditional 1st team colours unless there is a clash with the home team
    3. Every team will have a second kit that contrasts with their first kit so there should rarely, if ever, be a need for a third kit
    4. Changing individual items of kit such as shorts or socks will be deemed preferable to employing extra colours on a wholesale basis, thus further reducing the need for third kits.
    5. Wherever possible kits should be plain. Stripes, halves, quarters and any other weird designs will be reluctantly tolerated for historical first choice kits, but will be outlawed for all second choice kits
    6. The wearing of blue and red stripes shall be deemed a capital offence 
  • I think having watched on the TV, I think that you have a point. You can see which team is which, but it would be a mild irritation over 90 minutes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Every team should have their home kit. if it clashes when you're playing away from home then it's 'skins'.
  • Anyone seen the highlights of the West Bromwich v Blackburn game today?
    I have no doubt the players, in real life and all that, had no problem distinguishing each other, but I really struggled to see who was who while watching this online. Should those watching on TV or online be considered when selecting kits? Or is it just me that finds this a problem?
    I was so surprised to see a team that usually wears blue and white playing in, er, white whilst playing another team in blue and white, that I looked up online to find out whether Blackburn have a third kit. They do. It’s blue.
    you should try watching a game on a black and white tv when the commentator tells you one team is playing in all white and the other is playing in all yellow..
  • Anyone seen the highlights of the West Bromwich v Blackburn game today?
    totally agree .. Sky, who's money supports lots of the EFL clubs, should look into this and insist, for the sake of the TV  viewers who pay lots to watch highlights and live games that  team's strips are VERY different colours