Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adam Matthews - (not yet signed for 20/21)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Hmm Matthews for Dijksteel is a deal I'd have been happy with on its own

Let alone Matthews | Field | Cullen | Kayal | Hemed | Leko for Dijksteel

Not surprised that Bowyer has gone for Matthews over Mears; age just isnt on the side of the latter now
    Easier to get agreement for a contract extension from Two Chalets if he's a success, too.
  • edited August 2019
    We are going to end up with half the wales squad at this rate. I can see Bowyer is just getting in a few friendly faces in before getting Bale signed up. 
    I reckon he's getting the Welsh lads around him to learn the lingo to put him in good stead for the Swansea job 😜.

Edit; Welcome to 'The Journey' Adam.
  • had a quick gander over at the sunderland site. seems a charlton fan has already asked the question...

"Decent full back imo. Had a good few assists last season anarl. Just injury prone."

"He was generally crap for us in the Championship.
    He can be decent on his day, but when he’s bad he’s absolutely minging."

"I was happy when he left as it freed up wages.
    I don't think he'll be good enough for The Championship."

"Was decent in spells last season. Poor in the Championship. Injury prone
    “Might” do an ok job for you"

"Better going forward than he is defensively. Actually had a decent work in our championship season but some inexcusably half arsed performances towards the end of it. Injured quite a lot."

"Under used by us last season imo."

"He's Welsh" 

• lol!... Whats the fact he's Welsh got to do with it?
  • Sponsored links:

• lol!... Whats the fact he's Welsh got to do with it?
    Exactly. Now if they had said he was Scottish....... I would be worried. 
  • This would be a lovely bit of business, presuming it's within budget etc. 
  • Don't know anything about him, but if Bowyer likes him, he at least has to have the right attitude.
  • 2 questions.

1) How old?

2) How tall?
  • How long are Solly and Oshilaja out for?
  • Ross said:
    How long are Solly and Oshilaja out for?
    Solly should be back for Saturday

Concussion injuries mean that players have to take 7-days off for recovery

Barnsley incident was two weeks ago

Imagine that Oshilaja will be back after ther International Break, just doesnt sound as though Bowyer wants to risk him
  • Sponsored links:

• so we now have Solly, Oshilaja, Matthews and potentially Lapslie at RB after his performance Saturday.

Did somebody say we lack depth? haha
  • 2 questions.

1) How old?

2) How tall?
    27-years old | 5ft 10 so same height as Purrington

Played 23-games for Sunderland last season

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/curious-case-adam-matthews-ex-16443579

Sounds like the sort of player who is perfect for us, another who just needs the arm of the Manager round his shoulder
  • so we now have Solly, Oshilaja, Matthews and potentially Lapslie at RB after his performance Saturday.

Did somebody say we lack depth? haha
    Oshilaja will be needed as CB and Lapslie would be more a wing back than RB though. 
  • Lapslie will play everywhere for us

Whats going to interest me over the next week is whether we keep him or Forster-Caskey in terms of loaning out!!
  • Nobody got any insight into the BCD on Tuesday, team news, score, opponents etc?
  • Lapslie will play everywhere for us

Whats going to interest me over the next week is whether we keep him or Forster-Caskey in terms of loaning out!!
    think JFC was the senior player Bowyer said had been asked about. Loan him out until Jan would not do any harm. 
  • Purrington looks a bit taller in real life down Valley. Definitely looked taller than Lockyer and Pearce.
  • "Anarl"?  Seriously?