Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Couple of Reading comments ahead of next weekend...

"How they are 3rd overall is a bit of a mystery"

"Bolton were 3rd after 5 games last season."

"Charlton won't maintain it. They don't have the team or the squad do."

"After we beat them on Saturday, I would t be surprised to see them go on a losing run."

What do we think boys and girls?

Comments

• Reading are hardly a big fish in this league. Relegation fodder!!
  • Anyone got Bowyer's email address so we can send these to him and the team?

Just feels like comments again from a team that havent bothered to do their research, to compare us with Bolton is partly justified as we could have a similar season to them but the difference is we dont play the same way, we dont play hoof ball unless there is the opportunity, otherwise we pretty much keep it on the deck and match teams already at this level

Based on where they finished last season (20th) compared with other teams we've already faced they're probably the easiest in that aspect - Nothing to say their start is going to be any different to Bolton last season where they drop back as the months go by - Said it at the time but signing Lucas Joao for £5m+ is a sign of the stupid transfers in the Championship as he barely ever produced when playing for Sheffield Wednesday (see Pearce / Lockyer managing him); Ovie Ejaria could be a problem on loan from Liverpool but its Michael Morrison that worries me most from their team (for obvious reasons) as he'll give nothing to our attackers!!
  • We may go on a losing run after we play them yes, as we have 4 tough fixtures. 
  • We shall see.
  • shine166 said:
    We may go on a losing run after we play them yes, as we have 4 tough fixtures. 
    Do we? - Birmingham / Wigan dont look overly difficult at the moment

Its Leeds onwards that we'll struggle with Swansea | Fulham | Derby | Bristol City | West Brom our games in October

Christ that could easily be the top six we're playing one after the other!!
    Yeah leeds/Swansea/fulham/Derby back to back Is what I mean.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes October is going to be painful I fear. Glad we've got some points on the board.
    After our Nottingham Forest / Brentford performance its the Fulham and West Brom games that worry me most as they follow midweek games

• "How they are 3rd overall is a bit of a mystery"

"Bolton were 3rd after 5 games last season."

"Charlton won't maintain it. They don't have the team or the squad do."

"After we beat them on Saturday, I would t be surprised to see them go on a losing run."

What do we think boys and girls?

Well it's a mystery to us, so it's quite understandable that others are surprised.
    I don't think we'll do a Bolton, but we can't rule it out.
  • Pringle said:
    Most boring club in the world.

• They've picked up a few decent results in the last few games, after the season they had last year you would think they would just enjoy it. 

Comparing us to Bolton is lazy, to think these players won't run through walls and never stop is the kind of short sighted evaluation which means a lot of teams will underestimate us this season, at their peril.

If we lose on Saturday, I won't lose any sleep, we get to play them again... 
  • Sounds like they need a whooping.
  • Potential banana skin

• edited August 2019
    Macronate said:
    Reading those comments from the Reading fans, the way I read it is that the Reading fans have read the league table and think that we are in a false position and that Reading are better than us, if I’m reading it right.
    Like the fans of every other team in the division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Beat them last time we played in the championship 1-0 away from home then our season just went down hill.That game was in november and its still to early to say what lays ahead for us this season.

But i am concerned with Bowyers contract only running till end of this season,and any player who shows some form could move on in next transfer period.

Both Bowyer and the players can only push so far,we all have limits.Our hardest test yet Reading away.

• Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

https://youtu.be/_rp3toJ9cAQ
    I lasted 15 seconds (and not in a good way!)

Little bit of vomit in my mouth, WTF is wrong with people, who think this is what English football should be about?
  • Whatever

What's more of a mystery are the finances of Reading. All summer they seemed to be making savings to avoid FFP issues, but then in the final couple of days of the transfer window they suddenly splash the cash
  • Who cares. We do what we do and hopefully win or draw.
    And then move on.
  • Whatever

What's more of a mystery are the finances of Reading. All summer they seemed to be making savings to avoid FFP issues, but then in the final couple of days of the transfer window they suddenly splash the cash
    I didnt follow their progress too much but werent they under a soft transfer embargo where they had to get EFL permission to make any signings?

Wonder if that was lifted in the final days so they could go out and spend a bit more freely
  • I advise seeing it the Bowyer way.
    He would say something like 'it's a game of football, and we'll see what happens won't we?'.
  • Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

Will somebody put me out of my misery if Charlton make a video like that 🤢🤢
  • You lost me at Reading mate

My God that is painful to the ears.

Can't you delete the link?