Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Forest Green Match Thread | Carabao Cup 19/20 R1 | 13/08/19

edited August 2019 in General Charlton
Team news is up on the twitter feed.

Comments

• Options
    Amos, Wiredu, Oshilaja, Sarr, Doughty, Forster-Caskey, Field, Morgan, Lapslie, Aneke, Bone
  • Options
    Subs: Phillips, Dempsey, Ocran, Junior, Stevenson
  • Options
    This is what the OS has to say:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d52e73c34a88/team-news-field-and-bonne-to-make-charlton-debuts-against-forest-green-rovers

Lee Bowyer has handed Charlton debuts to summer signings Sam Field and Macauley Bonne for tonight’s home game against Forest Green Rovers in the Carabao Cup.

Deji Oshiliaja and Chuks Aneke will make their first starts for the club while Ben Amos is in the line-up for the first time since re-joining Charlton this summer.

Bowyer has opted for 11 changes from the line-up that beat Stoke City 3-1 in the Championship on Saturday.

The new boys will be joined in the starting XI by academy graduates Albie Morgan, George Lapslie, Brendan Wiredu and Alfie Doughty and veterans Jake Forster-Caskey and Naby Sarr.

The Addicks have a variety of formation options they may use but the 4-4-2 diamond, that Bowyer employed with great success in the second half of Saturday’s win, looks most likely.

If that is the case Wiredu, Oshilaja, Sarr and Doughty could make up the back four in front of Amos. The midfield diamond is likely to include Forster-Caskey, Morgan, Lapslie and Field behind a front two of Aneke and Bonne.

Dillon Phillips, Ben Dempsey, Wilberforce Ocran, Junior Quitirna and Toby Stevenson make up the substitutes bench. 

Under EFL rules this evening's game won't be streamed. Fans can listen to live coverage of this evening's game from 7.30pm on Valley Pass with commentators Greg Stubley and Tom Wallin. Valley Pass costs just £6.50 per month or £60 for the year and you can sign-up here and listen here.

Charlton: Amos; Wiredu, Oshilaja, Sarr, Doughty; Forster-Caskey, Lapslie, Field, Morgan; Aneke, Bonne

Substitutes: Phillips, Dempsey, Ocran, Quitirna, Stevenson

• Options
    Why the shit bench? Can we not at least have insurance on there as there is every chance a weakened team could find it hard winning the game.
  • Options
    Only 5 subs.

Can't remember .... is that normal for this competition?

• Options
    Doughty at left back? 
  • Options
    Why the shit bench? Can we not at least have insurance on there as there is every chance a weakened team could find it hard winning the game.
    I don't think Lee cares about winning the cup games. "We aren't going to win it"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who do you not mind getting injured from the first team?
  • Options
    I don't think Lee cares about winning the cup games. "We aren't going to win it"
    Yeah I guess - but a cup run wouldn’t be a bad thing. Winning is a habit after all..... 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    It’s most likely they wouldn’t be needed anyway..... not sure why it means I want our players to be injured?
  • Options
    U23s played yesterday.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Doughty at left back? 
    Can’t see anywhere else where he would fit.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    It’s most likely they wouldn’t be needed anyway..... not sure why it means I want our players to be injured?
    I never intended to suggest you did want our players to be injured. But playing would increase the chances of that happening so I was interested in who you thought should be on the bench. For me it could only be a midfielder, but not sure which ones. 
  • Options
    Is this Doughty's first senior appearance ..... ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Is this Doughty's first senior appearance ..... ?
    First start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Only 5 subs.

No, you can name up to 7 subs.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Only 5 subs.

No, you can name up to 7 subs.
    With the U23s playing yesterday, we've run out of players.

• Options
    Talal said:
    Doughty at left back? 
    Can’t see anywhere else where he would fit.
    Think it's a tad unfair to play him out of position. We have a rip-roaring goalscorer of a left back on the bench so may as we play him. 
  • Options
    Pigott captains Wimbledon at home to MK Franchise.
  • Options
    Charlton are trying out their new camouflage for the fans in the East stand - sell out
  • Options
    Wonder if thats in reference to any players

i.e. Last season we knew he was talking about Fosu and Marshall
  • Options
    Big crowd.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!