Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Biggest "South London" home attendance this season

edited May 2019 in General Charlton
The toolbox, our Bermondsey neighbours' home ground has a capacity of 20,416.  While the embarrassing, tumble-down group of ill-matched, leaky sheds that our friends in Croydon use as their home ground can accommodate a total of 25,456  stripey-watchers.  The Nigels have filled their ground on a number of occasions this season.  Hence, the highest home attendance this season for a game in South London (stretching the definition so that it incorporates the Surrey Stripes) is 25,456.  

How good will it be to be able to claim that the highest home attendance in a South London match this season wasn't a Premier League game, wasn't a Championship game, but was a Friday night in May, against lowly Doncaster Rovers? 

Can we beat 25,456?

Comments

• We need Doncaster to sell 2000 tickets to have a chance, they only sold about 8000 for a home game on a Sunday, without their team being a goal behind, I can't see it happening
  • We need to sell half of the Jimmy Seed stand to home fans for this to happen.
  • Talking of attendances, only 26,610 for Sunderland V Portsmouth, lower than their average L1 attendance.  Do the Mackems really want this enough?
  • Imagine being able to claim that. Life goals.
    Come on mate let us dream.
    We can't all be the biggest small club in the world.
  • Talking of attendances, only 26,610 for Sunderland V Portsmouth, lower than their average L1 attendance.  Do the Mackems really want this enough?
    Was shocked by the amount of empty seats
  • It's going to happen.
    We are the pride of South London :smile:
  • It's going to happen.
    We are the pride of South London :smile:
    Always have been and always will.
  • 28 short.  Thank goodness it wasn't a life goal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Saw batches of empty seats in upper north, and south stand. Bit weird for a sold out game. 
  • Saw batches of empty seats in upper north, and south stand. Bit weird. 
    Guess you haven't been for a while? 
  • edited May 2019
  • leeds, millwall will be our biggest home attendances this season unless we are in and around playoffs towards end of season. 
  • I doubt Millwall as lots of Addicks don’t turn up due to trouble. 
  • Solidgone said:
    I doubt Millwall as lots of Addicks don’t turn up due to trouble. 
    Will still see a boost in attendance as away end will be completely sold out. Would imagine that we'd still get a few who just do this match, much like they will see an increase in attendance when we play at theirs.
  • Solidgone said:
    I doubt Millwall as lots of Addicks don’t turn up due to trouble. 
    As I'm Bermondsey born and had relations that were far to close to the Richardson's down the road in Camberwell I normally beat myself up when I go back to visit my roots.