Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grouse shooting

Good luck to everyone contributing to the social, economic and environmental improvement of the countryside taking part in the glorious twelfth today; and to those helping to stimulate the economy of the countryside by consuming the end product. 

Comments

• Thread shut by midday?
  • I love grouse shooting day , the way you get a little cluster of feathers flying when you hit them sweet then the little squak as they accept the pellet into their lungs 

it’s an aphrodisiac 
  • Thread shut by midday?
    Optimistic!
  • Just off now with my guns & dogs.....oh for the glorious twelfth. 
  • General Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• General Charlton?
    What do you think all our over paid, under worked players are up to today?  😉
  • Addickted said:
    Can't make it today as it clashes with the Bristol Bear Baiting Bonanza
    Are you not attending the Fox Hunting World Cup?!
  • A colleague goes by the motto "If it flies, it dies" when shooting grouse, pheasants etc

also takes out foxes too but that's just because he's a wanker
  • Swisdom said:
    A colleague goes by the motto "If it flies, it dies" when shooting grouse, pheasants etc

Sounds like psychotic behaviour, are you certain he isn’t a serial killer? 
  • think it's a bit extreme to shoot my wife ….
  • Addickted said:
    Can't make it today as it clashes with the Bristol Bear Baiting Bonanza
    Top alliteration
  • I wish the birds had fucking great big AK47's and could shoot back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    seth plum said:
    I wish the birds had fucking great big AK47's and could shoot back.

Brilliant. 
  • Sod the glorious 12th, it's the Glorious 1st of June for me:
    https://www.rmg.co.uk/discover/explore/battle-glorious-first-june-0
  • Swisdom said:
    A colleague goes by the motto "If it flies, it dies" when shooting grouse, pheasants etc

If he's going out with foxes then I would have serious doubts about his sanity.
  • Love blowing innocent creatures to eternity and beyond with grand pappy's favourite grouse gun , dressed in tweeds and talking all lardydar!

(This post was especially for Chizz)
  • be OK if aggressive gulls and filthy urban pigeons were the targets, but poor lil grouse raised just to be target practice for rich twats .. no no and no
  • Probably be better to shoot some peasants.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    A very, very interesting read on hunting. And as someone who never quite understood how it worked (being from Lee!), an eye-opener:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/c92qtr/85_of_the_british_public_are_opposed_to_repealing/estw1vf/?context=3

I come from a farming family that has existed near Fort William for hundreds of years.

When you need to kill a fox, you get out the rifle or the shotgun and you shoot it dead, and then you feel like a compete shit for the rest of the week.

What you don't do is get dressed up in some stupid outfit and tally-ho your way across private land while bellowing about your right to trespass and chasing some poor fucking thing to the brink of a heart attack before seeing it disembowelled by trained predatory hounds, then all go to the pub for a nice lunch and a few drinks.

Predators must be killed sometimes. This is to be done with a sense of seriousness and sobriety. It isn't a fucking game. I have shot a fox and then had to shoot it again because it was trying to limp away, and if there's one thing you never, ever do, it's let a wounded animal crawl away to a slow and agonising death if you can possible help it.I've known stalkers who have accidentally winged an elderly stag and spent the next 24 hours tracing it to put it out of its misery. This is right and proper.

Things have to die sometimes. It's not nice. It's certainly not fun. And it sure as hell is not a fucking game for idiots to play while dressed up in stupid outfits.

Culling is a sad necessity, to be conducted with the correct mentality of regret. Fox hunting is a vile practice undertaken by witless sadists. And if you want to argue with that, you can do it with me, because I know damn well what a farm is because I was born in one in 1980 and one day my father will die and I'll inherit it. And at no point will I allow some jumped-up idiots to rampage across it in pursuit of something that is simply there to feed itself.

And that, by the way, is if it was even there in the first place. You know what 'hunts' do? And this is a matter of record, by the way. They import foxes from other parts of the country and set them loose specifically to hunt them down with their stupid uniforms and their mutated weirdo hounds. They do this.

You talk about people who have "never lived close to a farm". I would ask you to explain why a hunt is necessary to control the numbers of foxes. From the smallest rodent to the largest animal in the country, if you take a life you take it for a good reason and you take it with no sense of satisfaction and no sense of joy, because that is cruelty, pure and simple. If you must hunt, then you must hunt. If you call yourself a hunter then you do it for a bloody good reason, and that reason is not "because it's fun". It's not fun. It's grim. Deny it.

This has nothing to do with grouse shooting
  • Chizz said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    A very, very interesting read on hunting. And as someone who never quite understood how it worked (being from Lee!), an eye-opener:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/c92qtr/85_of_the_british_public_are_opposed_to_repealing/estw1vf/?context=3

I come from a farming family that has existed near Fort William for hundreds of years.

When you need to kill a fox, you get out the rifle or the shotgun and you shoot it dead, and then you feel like a compete shit for the rest of the week.

What you don't do is get dressed up in some stupid outfit and tally-ho your way across private land while bellowing about your right to trespass and chasing some poor fucking thing to the brink of a heart attack before seeing it disembowelled by trained predatory hounds, then all go to the pub for a nice lunch and a few drinks.

Predators must be killed sometimes. This is to be done with a sense of seriousness and sobriety. It isn't a fucking game. I have shot a fox and then had to shoot it again because it was trying to limp away, and if there's one thing you never, ever do, it's let a wounded animal crawl away to a slow and agonising death if you can possible help it.I've known stalkers who have accidentally winged an elderly stag and spent the next 24 hours tracing it to put it out of its misery. This is right and proper.

Things have to die sometimes. It's not nice. It's certainly not fun. And it sure as hell is not a fucking game for idiots to play while dressed up in stupid outfits.

Culling is a sad necessity, to be conducted with the correct mentality of regret. Fox hunting is a vile practice undertaken by witless sadists. And if you want to argue with that, you can do it with me, because I know damn well what a farm is because I was born in one in 1980 and one day my father will die and I'll inherit it. And at no point will I allow some jumped-up idiots to rampage across it in pursuit of something that is simply there to feed itself.

And that, by the way, is if it was even there in the first place. You know what 'hunts' do? And this is a matter of record, by the way. They import foxes from other parts of the country and set them loose specifically to hunt them down with their stupid uniforms and their mutated weirdo hounds. They do this.

You talk about people who have "never lived close to a farm". I would ask you to explain why a hunt is necessary to control the numbers of foxes. From the smallest rodent to the largest animal in the country, if you take a life you take it for a good reason and you take it with no sense of satisfaction and no sense of joy, because that is cruelty, pure and simple. If you must hunt, then you must hunt. If you call yourself a hunter then you do it for a bloody good reason, and that reason is not "because it's fun". It's not fun. It's grim. Deny it.

This has nothing to do with grouse shooting
    I thought it was a very good grouse.