Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stoke game available to stream for a fiver if you are abroad....

I am desperate for this to be true... but at the end of the preview on Valley Pass it says "Supporters who live abroad will be able to watch live coverage of the match on Valley Pass for a one-off price of £5 or £110 for the season."

Now, this would suggest that even though neither Stoke or Charlton are part of I follow we can still watch it ... if this is true... I will be over the MOON!!!!!!!!

It means the whole season is ours boys... 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d4c3074cfc68/match-preview-charlton-v-stoke-city 

Comments

• It’s true, some used it last weekend.
  • Scoham said:
    It’s true, some used it last weekend.
    Yep... so did I but Blackburn were part of the of the ifollow people , and so my understanding was that only teams with Ifollow could be watched live... this would suggest otherwise ... and be the best thing in the world for people like me who live abroad ... 

• It's our own service, not part of iFollow, Villa did the same thing last season.

Still no PayPal option, so I'm fecked :(
  • edited August 2019
    It's our own service, not part of iFollow, Villa did the same thing last season.

Still no PayPal option, so I'm fecked :(
    Did anyone test if it could be paid once and used on multiple devices?

If so... I might be swayed to share creds until Paypal is up and running.

Also a shame they don't discount it for VP subcribers.
  • mascot88 said:
    Scoham said:
    It’s true, some used it last weekend.
    Yep... so did I but Blackburn were part of the of the ifollow people , and so my understanding was that only teams with Ifollow could be watched live... this would suggest otherwise ... and be the best thing in the world for people like me who live abroad ... 

Last weekend there were two options, Valley Pass or Blackburn’s iFollow.

If Stoke aren’t part of iFollow then Valley Pass is the only option.

Valley Pass offers a season option for £110, so the intention at least is every game will be available.

Not sure if that includes our two cup games per season.
  • It was our own service last week and worked well once I found how to get on the stream...that part wasnt too straightforward. Looking forward to a relatively early Midnight kick off again....I dread the 2am ones later in the year when the clocks change.
  • edited August 2019
    Will it work on an ipad ? 
  • Will it work on an ipad ? 
    Nope wont work on portable devices at present, just desktops and laptops
  • TEL said:
    It was our own service last week and worked well once I found how to get on the stream...that part wasnt too straightforward. Looking forward to a relatively early Midnight kick off again....I dread the 2am ones later in the year when the clocks change.
    Clock changes are a nightmare, an hour doesn't seem like a huge difference but when it's in the middle of the night it feels like weeks :(
  • this is great news... Stu of Kunmin me and my Dad doubled up (he's in France) and it worked a dream... shh.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Will it work on an android browser? I'm on hols and only have iPad or android phone. 
  • I subscribe to Valley Pass and live abroad. However I could only get the audio commentary last time out.
  • Will it work on an ipad ? 
    Nope wont work on portable devices at present, just desktops and laptops
    If you have chrome browser it works if you click request desktop site.
  • Will it work on an android browser? I'm on hols and only have iPad or android phone. 
    See the above.
  • I subscribe to Valley Pass and live abroad. However I could only get the audio commentary last time out.
    Request desktop site
  • Anyone in the UK use it successfully with a VPN? Can't make tomorrow now so looking to watch from home.
  • Anyone know if this will work with a Chromebook? 
  • jams said:
    Anyone know if this will work with a Chromebook? 
    Yes shouldn’t have an issue with a Chromebook. Right now it’s everything but iOS and Android that are supported. There are still workarounds but it won’t be super intuitive.

I read they were working on an app so that will make it much easier for mobile devices once that app is released.
  • Anyone in the UK use it successfully with a VPN? Can't make tomorrow now so looking to watch from home.
    Yes . It worked perfectly with a VPN in the UK for me last week .
  • Thanks dazzler. Can I get the audio if the deodorant worldwide the same payment 
  • Sponsored links:

• jams said:
    Yes shouldn’t have an issue with a Chromebook. Right now it’s everything but iOS and Android that are supported. There are still workarounds but it won’t be super intuitive.

I read they were working on an app so that will make it much easier for mobile devices once that app is released.
    The one workaround I have used (and it worked) was to select desktop site in chrome settings then access valley pass and boom it worked.
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks dazzler. Can I get the audio if the deodorant worldwide the same payment 
    The commentary was laid over the stream last time. If that's what you're asking.
  • @Danepak you signed up for this?
  • jams said:

I read they were working on an app so that will make it much easier for mobile devices once that app is released

Cheers callum
  • edited August 2019
    I'm in Rhodes on holiday. The Internet is ok very early or very late but terrible from 5 and early evening when everybody is using it. Trouble is, kick off is 5pm here.  Thinking about watching it on my phone. Does anybody know if it works better on a phone, speed requirement wise. I watched the Wycombe away game on my phone last season and it was pretty much perfect. Any advice is appreciated. 
  • Do a speed test and see which is faster, wifi or your 4g, if its 4g then use your phone to create a 'hotspot' then connect to that with your laptop.

That way you'll get the speed of your phone without having to watch on a tiny screen!
  • edited August 2019
    I was thinking the size of the screen meant the size might be smaller and need less. Almost certain at that time my 4g is going to be quicker. I had a job sending a moderate pdf last night using hotel internet. I am thinking I follow too, as Valley pass doesn't have a mobile phone facility.
  • edited August 2019
    I don't think screen size matters, tbh.

Resolution will though
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks Stu. I was thinking you don't need such a high resolution on a small screen and the stream to the phone app may be smaller (every little helps) - but it depends on the resolution of the stream. I'll do some tests and work out my best option.
  • There's no app, you'll need to use the browser still.