Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

edited November 2020 in General Charlton
Is the deal dead now?

Comments

• No? By the way it was annouced last night, there will be more signings annouced today. (we think) 
  • A bit odd one got announced last night and this didn't, fingers crossed he is 100% here
  • A bit odd one got announced last night and this didn't, fingers crossed he is 100% here
    If hemed is a permanent signing, I assume they'd want to make a bigger deal out of it.
  • According to Wikipedia he has a Polish passport so easing any work visa issues.

Hemed is Jewish,[30] His father was born in Israel and is of Syrian-Jewish descent, whereas his mother was born in Polandto a Jewish family.[31] As a result, Hemed holds a Polish passport, which eased his move to European leagues.[32]Hemed has described his ethnicity as "half Ashkenazi and half Sephardic."[31]
  • According to Wikipedia he has a Polish passport so easing any work visa issues.

Hemed is Jewish,[30] His father was born in Israel and is of Syrian-Jewish descent, whereas his mother was born in Polandto a Jewish family.[31] As a result, Hemed holds a Polish passport, which eased his move to European leagues.[32]Hemed has described his ethnicity as "half Ashkenazi and half Sephardic."[31]
    ... right up until the end of October, perhaps

What are you going on about, not sure how this is relevant just a load of waffle about his nationality and then go on to say its not relevant lol
  • Surely it has to be public knowledge if Brighton have released him by now?
  • Sponsored links:

• yesterday afternoon on Hemed's wiki page under 'senior career', at the bottom in red appeared 'Charlton Athletic' with no other info .. this morning the Charlton entry has been removed
  • yesterday afternoon on Hemed's wiki page under 'senior career', at the bottom in red appeared 'Charlton Athletic' with no other info .. this morning the Charlton entry has been removed
    Wiki themselves will usually remove that sort of update unless the person editing can provide a source to confirm the change
  • Good player.
    Wiki themselves will usually remove that sort of update unless the person editing can provide a source to confirm the change
    yesterday afternoon on Hemed's wiki page under 'senior career', at the bottom in red appeared 'Charlton Athletic' with no other info .. this morning the Charlton entry has been removed

exactly .. seems that the deal did not go through .. all will be revealed in time .. good news is we can put out a full team + subs for the next couple of weeks 
  • If Brighton released him yesterday can he not be signed at anytime as a free agent? I am not sure how the system works anymore but that is my understanding.
    yesterday afternoon on Hemed's wiki page under 'senior career', at the bottom in red appeared 'Charlton Athletic' with no other info .. this morning the Charlton entry has been removed

exactly .. seems that the deal did not go through .. all will be revealed in time .. good news is we can put out a full team + subs for the next couple of weeks 
    Someone editing the wiki and then editing it back doesn't mean the deal did not go through - Wikipedia isn't an omnipotent being that knows all, it's edited by anyone. I can edit and put Millwall, but that don't mean Hemed will show up to the Den on Saturday 
  • it seems he is a free agent as his BHA contract expired in 'summer 2019' .. he's been at QPR on loan ..could be he's shopping around for the best deal .. he's 32 and needs a good contract

What it says or doesn't say on wikipedia means nothing. I'm surprised people still look at it for things like this. 
  • edited August 2019
    If Brighton released him yesterday can he not be signed at anytime as a free agent? I am not sure how the system works anymore but that is my understanding.
    Correct - Provided it went through before 5pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Really hoping 

What are you going on about, not sure how this is relevant just a load of waffle about his nationality and then go on to say its not relevant lol
    Maybe read first.

People had commented that perhaps a work permit issue was holding things up.

I presented some information that suggested this might not be the case as he has a Polish passport and why that is the case.
    Yeah think your right. Polish passport will mean no issues with a work permit. Regardless that’s not the issue, it’s with the signing paperwork, but no idea if he was released first or if it’s a loan (or even a small fee permanent). 

Maybe read first.

People had commented that perhaps a work permit issue was holding things up.

I presented some information that suggested this might not be the case as he has a Polish passport and why that is the case.

My apologise, it was a bit early but my mistake I didn't see that I just thought you randomly brought it up :)

As you were.. .

• I'm going for a 10am announcement
  • Important we do get Hemed through as otherwise we will have a rather unbalanced squad, with a team of midfielders but few options up top!
    To be fair we've got the same amount of Strikers we had last season (Taylor | Parker | Vetokele - Taylor | Leko | Bonne)
  • Important we do get Hemed through as otherwise we will have a rather unbalanced squad, with a team of midfielders but few options up top!
    To be fair we've got the same amount of Strikers we had last season (Taylor | Parker | Vetokele - Taylor | Leko | Bonne)
    We also had Reeco, and to me Bonne is more of a Reeco at the moment than someone you'd want to start against Stoke

• edited August 2019
    it seems he is a free agent as his BHA contract expired in 'summer 2019' .. he's been at QPR on loan ..could be he's shopping around for the best deal .. he's 32 and needs a good contract
    Not a free agent as Brighton activated an extension clause in his contract keeping him at Brighton for another year until 2020. They did this to try and realise some value by selling him on. they offered him to Brentford as part of the Maupay deal, but Brentford declined. They would have needed to agree to cancel his contract yesterday to allow him to sign for us as a free agent.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2019/06/08/brighton-hove-albion/984302-seagulls-trigger-hemeds-contract-extension.html