Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quentin Tarantino (Alive and Kicking)

Resevoir Dogs - Great film
Pulp Fiction - Great film

Everything else complete shit

Comments

• Lassie goes to La La Land looks great though...
  • i like all his stuff
  • Django was bloody brilliant, are you mad? 
  • Have we signed him?
  • bobmunro said:
    Inglorious Bastards was pretty damn good - Django Unchained brilliant.
    Agree Inglorious Bastards very good film.
  • Put NOT AN RIP in your title please
  • Films are all great but the bloke seems like a complete tool.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    What a waste of an opinion.
  • Hateful Eight was class
    I really enjoyed it.  Seen Pulp fiction and Reservoir Dogs, never got round to any of his other stuff
  • Love Jackie Brown. Best Tarantino soundtrack too. 
    Not a fan actually, thought it was bang average and not one of his best. 
  • I went to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood the other day. I liked it. 
  • Find some of his stuff a little too out there, but Django Unchained is 1 of my favourite films.  Absolutely brilliant 
  • edited August 2019
    Once Upon A Time was 2 hours, 20 minutes of boredom, with two intense sequences involving the Manson Family totaling 20 minutes. For reference, I also think Django and Basterds were mildly over-rated. Jackie Brown vastly under-rated. Heck, I like "Death Proof" more than Django.
  • Curb_It said:
    Put NOT AN RIP in your title please
    Like we have a politics section on Charlton Life we need an RIP section, you shouldn’t see someone’s name and immediately think “oh Christ, they’ve kicked the bucket”!
  • All but Death Proof are excellent films. 

Even though he doesn’t like what it became True Romance is also very good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Love Jackie Brown. Best Tarantino soundtrack too. 
    Not a fan actually, thought it was bang average and not one of his best. 
    Just watched Jackie Brown as there wasn't much else on, complete garbage, Inglorious another weak plot far too long and don't get me started on the Kill Bill nonsense.

He made 2 classics in the early 90's and nothing else has lived up to that, he's got a new one coming out called once upon a time in Hollywood, I think it'll be more of the same, too long, weak story and not saved by the acting
  • His films are interesting and the dialogue is always good, on another in fact.

I'm not a fanboy of him as some of his films have been total style over substance and over hyped by people 

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are awesome films 

Kill Bill annoyed me, mainly because of how much it was built up, it wasnt a bad film 

• Love Tarantino. Looking forward to seeing the new one. 
  • I love Tarantinos work, my fav director.
    the bloke is a creative genius.
    If you’ve not seen Hateful Eight, make sure you do. Class.
  • Resevoir Dogs - Great film
    Pulp Fiction - Great film

Everything else complete shit
    Nonsense 
  • How tall is he ? Doesn't say on wiki 
  • Read an opinion piece (in the Grauniad, natch) the other day saying how Tarantino should be basically tarred and feathered because of the violence against women in his films. The article cited a few examples (including the woman who got inadvertantly shot by Marcellus Wallis whilst aiming at Butch) but completely ignored the many, many other examples of violence against men, most of which are far, far worse and certainly far more frequent.
  • True Romance, Dusk Till Dawn, Hateful 8, Inglorious Bastards.....

He also Directed some good films like Sin City.

Terrible OP.
  • Greenie said:
    I love Tarantinos work, my fav director.
    the bloke is a creative genius.
    If you’ve not seen Hateful Eight, make sure you do. Class.
    OK I will give Hateful eight a go on your recommendation but if it's more of the same elongated tedium i'll be after you
  • Tarantino is a weird one for me. I almost like what he wants to do a lot. But ultimately he always ruins it for me by doing stuff that I really, really hate. I hate the monologues that are basically just clever conversations he's had with his mates or in his head that he almost breaks the fourth wall to crowbar into scenes of no relevance. Generally I like his films that are least Tarantino-y, like Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs. Inglourious Basterds and Django are almost great films that go on for way too long (Django has an entire unnecessary act thrown in) and sort of eat themselves before the end and ruin their momentum. Pulp Fiction is the one I really can't stand though. I will never, ever understand how it's still so well thought of, but I'm also aware that that's not a popular opinion. The stuff I like best from him is stuff that he wrote and then got booted out of the chair before he could suffocate the film in his personality, like Natural Born Killers, True Romance and From Dusk til Dawn. He's brilliant with a camera and he's full of good ideas but he just can't control himself when he's given complete control.