Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Champions League

Premier League teams all qualify straight to the group stages.
Celtic face FK Sarajevo in the 1st qualifying round

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Going to be tough for Piotr Parzyszek and Piast Gliwice

Making their debut in the Champions League, they're facing Belarus side: BATE Borisov in the 1st Qualifying Round

Win that and they're up against the winners of Linfield v Rosenborg
  • Plast Gilwice currently 1-0 up in the second leg (Parzyszek playing)

Means that BATE need two goals to advance as Plast have an away goal (courtesy of Piotr) from the first leg

Winners will face Rosenborg after they defeated Linfield 6-0 on aggregate

CFR Cluj (George Tucudean not involved tonight) currently 2-1 up against Astana (2-2 on agg now) - Winners to face Valletta of Malta
  • edited July 2019
    Well this is awkward; BATE scored twice to knock Piast out of the Champions League (3-2 to BATE on agg)

Means that Piast now face FC Riga in the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round

CFR Cluj won 3-1 (3-2 on agg) against Astana though so George Tucudean's adventures in the Champions League continues
  • Dundalk of Ireland went through and will face carrier bag

• Celtic will face either Maccabi Tel Aviv or CFR Cluj if they get past Nomme Kalju of Estonia

Should they face Cluj they'll be facing ex-British based players like Marius Tucudean who played for Charlton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49071883
  • Come on BBC, nobody actually calls him Marius
  • Celtic will play CFR Cluj in the next round of the Champions League

Cluj drew 2-2 today to win 3-2 on agg to advance; Tucudean came on in the 82nd min but didnt score
  • PSV knocked out on away goals by Basel.

That will not help the Dutch co-efficient ranking.
  • Reckon Celtic won't find it easy against Cluj.
  • Sponsored links:

• PSV knocked out on away goals by Basel.

That will not help the Dutch co-efficient ranking.
    Missed that result. Quite a shock for PSV to be out
  • Play off draw done.
    If Celtic beat Cluj they will face Slavia Prague in the final round before the group stages.
  • Play off draw done.
    If Celtic beat Cluj they will face Slavia Prague in the final round before the group stages.
    Celtic just gone 1-0 down; Tucudean on the bench for Cluj
  • Reckon Celtic won't find it easy against Cluj.
    Thought this might be the case.
  • 1-1 half time
  • celtic finish 1-1 with mr corbyn in the stands

remind me again how celtic would compete in the premier league 

• edited August 2019
    celtic finish 1-1 with mr corbyn in the stands

Do you think if they were in the Premier league they would have the same standard of players as they have now?

By getting a share of the PL TV money to spend?

As they currently stand they'd be a championship side. But give them 100m of Sky money plus 60k sell outs every home game and i don't think it would be too long before they improved.

As they currently stand they'd be a championship side. But give them 100m of Sky money plus 60k sell outs every home game and i don't think it would be too long before they improved.
    Depends on the type of player they can attract too though - Newcastle are of the same style but they struggle to attract players because its not Manchester or London

Would Glasgow have the same issu
  • Sponsored links:

• im talking about currently as Chris Sutton usually babbles on about - do not deny them and rangers are massive clubs as the worldwide support they both recieve although would say rangers shade it as a lot of english fans also follow rangers. 

Wouldn't that also be true for most sides in the championship though? 100m+ a year from sky and sold out stadiums (even 25/35k)
  • All Cluj aren’t we
  • Looks like Cluj / Tucudean are advancing to the final qualifying stage on away goals
  • HAHAHAHAHA
  • Looks like Cluj / Tucudean are advancing to the final qualifying stage on away goals
    No need for away goals. Tucudean saw to that
  • Charlton legend. Champions League player now. 
  • Cluj dont even need away goals... Won it on aggregate!!

Tucudean scored at the death - Good lad
  • Celtic can win the SPL again, they can win the Scottish Cup, but once again poor in Europe