Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cricket commentary on UK radio stations (streams)?

A cricket mad mate of mine here in NZ wants to listen to UK radio and live cricket commentary.
Question: Is it possible in the UK to listen to this via a stream? (BBC etc).
If that's the case, he'll just get a VPN.

I know there are examples of stations, only broadcasting live events through an actual radio signal (and not a stream), hence the question.

Comments

• Not sure about cricket, but download radio player app. It has seemed to work when i have travelled and was able to get BBC radio 5 and talksport
  • Not sure about cricket, but download radio player app. It has seemed to work when i have travelled and was able to get BBC radio 5 and talksport
    OK, so you used a VPN to connect?
    Did you manage to listen to the football, while travelling (and using a VPN)?
  • You can get Test Match Special by drilling a small hole in an empty tin of beans. Push a bit of string through it and wrap it around a chair or something.

In all seriousness, TMS is on the BBC world service. Pretty sure you can pick up anywhere without the need for Vpn's and all that nonsense.
  • edited August 2019
    Apparently the cricket on BBC World is not available in NZ.
  • 5 Live Extra, works with a VPN.
  • VPN and BBC Sounds app should do it 
  • Certainly not tried but there is a TMS link on BBC site for TMS overseas (doesn't work in UK obviously). I don't know about other games. 
  • Ta, will let him know.
  • When I was in South Africa 4 years ago trying to listen to the test, I tweeted the same question and Aggers himself replied and suggested Tunnel Bear? 

BBC Sounds App didn't work on the train from Charing Cross to New Eltham without hanging, so don't expect it to work overseas.