Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Squad Numbers Decided

1 Dillon Phillips

2 Anfernee Dijksteel

3 Ben Purrington

4 Deji Oshilaja

5 Tom Lockyer

6 Jason Pearce

7 Jonny Williams

8 Jake Forster-Caskey

9 Lyle Taylor

10 Chuks Aneke

12 Lewis Page

13 Ben Amos (gk)

15 Darren Pratley

17 Macauley Bonne

19 Albie Morgan

20 Chris Solly

23 Naby Sarr

32 George Lapslie

40 Brendan Wiredu

45 Alfie Doughty

Comments

• Take out Page and Aneke because of injuries and there's the squad for the first game of the season then. 

Expect Harriott to take the 11 shirt
  • Note Deji is wearing the no. 4 or holding midfielder number. 
  • Purrington takes 3 from page
  • 2. Anfernee, surely we aren't going to sell our number 2, unless we have a replacement ready. A proper one not Deji
  • Cullen's number 24 shirt is still available for him :cry:
  • Wiredu and Doughty getting numbers is interesting.

In and around the first team this season it would seen

Doughty had No. 42 last season
  • sam3110 said:
    Cullen's number 24 shirt is still available for him :cry:

Anyone at the club will stand a chance of being in and aroubd the first team thus season.
  • Sponsored links:

• No proper squad for the start of the season again zzzzzzz
  • Purrington takes 3 from page
    Page is the only player to change numbers, which is a pretty clear indication as to who will be first choice LB
  • At least there's no disgraceful numbers in there this time, everything is in its proper place. Could do with a few more shirts being filled though
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Note Deji is wearing the no. 4 or holding midfielder number. 
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Jacko wore 4; Marcus Bent wore 6; Jonny W is wearing the tradition 7 of a right midfielder... so on, so forth.

If he ends up as a DM then fair enough.
  • sam3110 said:
    Argh, if only West Ham were willing to let him come back... :(
  • It's great to see that Brendan and Alfie have been added in from the U23s squad; the teamsheet at Sparrows Lane only went up to 32, so I assume that this was quite a recent decision.  I hope it's not just to make up the numbers - I'd love to see them get the chance this season!
  • It's quite literally to make up the numbers on Saturday, Bowyer has said himself both aren't ready for championship football, same as Morgan and Bonne, but all 4 will be in the squad this weekend
  • edited August 2019
    No Stevenson, AMB or Maloney.

Doughty had No. 42 last season
    Did he have that for the first game of the season though? Don't think Sarpong had one either.

Glad Doughty's gotten a number. He's impressed me at U18, U23, and in both of the last two pre-seasons. Probably needs to go on loan for the first half of the season, especially without the what's it called cup formerly Johnston's Paint in which to play him, but think there's a real player there.

Obviously, same with Sarpong, although he might be a little more ready for the first team. Looks powerful but raw at wingback. Seems to be more of a winger in a team that doesn't play with wingers. But it will be interesting to see if he makes the bench on Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Both he and Bielik can do better than a Championship struggler, Bielik in particular. Never really thought we'd get either of them back. Just hope whoever comes in instead has quality. 
  • Sarpong doesn't exist, he's just Brendan Wiredu now
  • sam3110 said:
    It's quite literally to make up the numbers on Saturday, Bowyer has said himself both aren't ready for championship football, same as Morgan and Bonne, but all 4 will be in the squad this weekend
    We...paid a fee for Bonne. Admittedly, there is something to be said for buying with an eye to the future. But, it just seems weird. Especially as he's likely to start.

Also, of the four, I think Morgan might be the closest. Good technically and has upped his defensive contribution. Not a defensive midfielder, but can pick a pass. I wouldn't mind keeping him around even if we got the five mythical loan signings in. 
  • Who was 7 last season? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Who was 7 last season? 
    Marshall
  • edited August 2019
    SDAddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    It's quite literally to make up the numbers on Saturday, Bowyer has said himself both aren't ready for championship football, same as Morgan and Bonne, but all 4 will be in the squad this weekend
    We...paid a fee for Bonne. Admittedly, there is something to be said for buying with an eye to the future. But, it just seems weird. Especially as he's likely to start.

Also, of the four, I think Morgan might be the closest. Good technically and has upped his defensive contribution. Not a defensive midfielder, but can pick a pass. I wouldn't mind keeping him around even if we got the five mythical loan signings in. 
    Bowyer said he wouldnt be staring yet as he wasnt ready and he wasnt rushing him

I suspect he will be on the bench and if he impresses in training and off the bench maybe be ready October/November time to start
  • sam3110 said:
    Take out Page and Aneke because of injuries and there's the squad for the first game of the season then. 

Expect Harriott to take the 11 shirt
    Bowyer?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Who was 7 last season? 
    Marshall
    Funny how I forgot him after last year's contribution 
  • Haven't Bowyer, Harriot and Jackson all been 11?
  • Yes. Different for them but anyone that comes in now gets the lowest available though 13 is excepted - Vaz Te for example wore 3 off the top of my head, though number 2 would have been more appropriate.