Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum - 25th September 2019

Above is the next scheduled meeting.

Last minutes here

https://www.cafc.co.uk/uploads/2091aacdaf8a595f029888b5b2896ff2

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d1e1ba8e608c/fans-forum-notes-june-2019

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

As mentioned elsewhere on this Forum, we were due a takeover update before season start and this is something I and others have been pressing for in recent weeks.

Comments

• razil said:

Last minutes here

As mentioned elsewhere on this Forum, we were due a takeover update before season start and this is something I and others have been pressing for in recent weeks.

He gave us an update yesterday.
  • How about inviting Jim White along?
  • Remember two non- affiliated fans can now attend so before you moan about "I'd ask tough questions" (which already happens) YOU can put YOUR name forward.
  • cfgs said:
    razil said:

Last minutes here

He gave us an update yesterday.
    Not in a format I find acceptable..
  • I agree. He promised a meeting and this is what we demand now. No ifs or buts. We want a meeting. Bearing in mind De Truck delayed the previous one then failed/avoided the one that they re-scheduled. No ifs or buts. Are they selling? Had enough of their bullshit now. 
  • I have something to say to him.
    Not sure I'd be invited back though 
  • Can i Skype In?  Its a long trek from Stockport 
  • Still waiting for a response (other than the auto-reply I got last night) from the club re abiding by their 'own' minutes that an update on Takeover will be given before the season starts if a takeover hasn't happened.
  • No point in having these meetings as they are just simply a talk shop
  • cafc999 said:
    No point in having these meetings as they are just simply a talk shop
    don't you start
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent news. We get to wait another 8 weeks just so LDT can turn up, tell everyone the asking price isn't an issue, announce there are at least 17 interested parties and he's doing his best to sell the club.
  • They promised an a specific TAKEOVER update if the club is NOT SOLD before the start of the season starts. Well considering the season starts this Saturday that leaves a few days to organise a meeting. 
  • As much as I admire the FF commitment, I think it’s time to disband it!

You may just as well compile a list of questions and answer them yourself, that’s the only truth you’re likely to get.

if the old duffer has any advisors they’re clearly not doing their job because any sensible advisor would point out to Duchebag that the only sticking point to selling the club is himself and his over inflated price!
  • Rudders22 said:
    They promised an a specific TAKEOVER update if the club is NOT SOLD before the start of the season starts. Well considering the season starts this Saturday that leaves a few days to organise a meeting. 
    Hope this gets to the EFL
  • edited July 2019
    Musing over our problem in the shower this morning & wondered whether there is any way we could uncover the "hidden debt" which some think may be the real reason that potential buyers walk away ( shaking their heads) once they have conducted due diligence. 

We know that the Rat was highly negligent in his haste to get his hands on a prime piece of London land. And as such, could barely control his excitement when shaking on the deal with the Spivs....

To uncover what he failed to find  & share it with the press ( and potential buyers if there are still any out there) would surely hurt him substantially both in the business world and as far as his ego is concerned.

What better way to embarrass him AND ensure that those potential buyers are cognisant of the true financial implications of purchasing our famous football club ?

( OOps ! Should have posted this on the Sale of Charlton thread!) 
  • Musing over our problem in the shower this morning & wondered whether there is any way we could uncover the "hidden debt" which some think may be the real reason that potential buyers walk away ( shaking their heads) once they have conducted due diligence. 

We know that the Rat was highly negligent in his haste to get his hands on a prime piece of London land. And as such, could barely control his excitement when shaking on the deal with the Spivs....

To uncover what he failed to find  & share it with the press ( and potential buyers if there are still any out there) would surely hurt him substantially both in the business world and as far as his ego is concerned.

What better way to embarrass him AND ensure that those potential buyers are cognisant of the true financial implications of purchasing our famous football club ?

( OOps ! Should have posted this on the Sale of Charlton thread!) 

I hope you washed behind your ears.
  • edited July 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    They promised an a specific TAKEOVER update if the club is NOT SOLD before the start of the season starts. Well considering the season starts this Saturday that leaves a few days to organise a meeting. 
    Let's be honest do we really need a fans forum meeting just so we can be told that Roland has fucked it by upping the price and everyone has walked away.

We know what the update is as we get snippets of info on here from time to time from Prague, NLA, James Seed and Doucher, and from his rant yesterday it's pretty clear the update is that RD is nowhere near selling the club.

We probably got more accurate info yesterday in 5 minutes from Simon Jordan than we've done in months from LDT.

Fair play to anyone that goes along and tries to get answers, but i think deep down we all know the meetings are a waste of time and we can't believe a word we are told.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Let's be honest do we really need a fans forum meeting just so we can be told that Roland has fucked it by upping the price and everyone has walked away.

We know what the update is as we get snippets of info on here from time to time from Prague, NLA, James Seed and Doucher, and from his rant yesterday it's pretty clear the update is that RD is nowhere near selling the club.

We probably got more accurate info yesterday in 5 minutes from Simon Jordan than we've done in months from LDT.

Fair play to anyone that goes along and tries to get answers, but i think deep down we all know the meetings are a waste of time and we can't believe a word we are told.
    Put LDT under pressure. Drive him out. More inconvenience for RD.
    He didn't even bother turning up last time, seems like the lowest pressure job ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even if LDT does turn up , he'll only just sit there and lie , same as he always does !
  • edited July 2019
    Rudders22 said:

He didn't even bother turning up last time, seems like the lowest pressure job ever.
    Don't you think that was to avoid having to address the inconsistencies, though? Seems like he's under pressure to me.
  • Rudders22 said:

Don't you think that was to avoid addressing the inconsistencies, though? 
    Yes but when your boss doesn't give a shit and you can just avoid any pressure/difficult questions, I imagine it's quite had to be driven out.
  • Mr Lickspittle can simply brazen it out whilst watching the clock tick round to the end of any meeting.
    He has four days a week to recover from any pressure he might feel at Charlton.
  • Rudders22 said:

Don't you think that was to avoid having to address the inconsistencies, though? Seems like he's under pressure to me.
    Do you honestly think they’re worried by the FF?
  • Rudders22 said:

If it doesn't worry them then they won't avoid it.

Or maybe the inconvient questions, the pointing out of constant inconsistencies, the requirement to publish minutes on the OS with critical comments does worry them.
  • What about having a big demonstration on the day starting at the station and ending at the valley?
  • edited August 2019
    Rudders22 said:

I don’t suppose Duchatelet is, but LDT may well find trying to hold a consistent line against persistent questioning uncomfortable, especially when RD is always likely to contradict him. 
  • LDT will be in attendance this evening I have been informed

R
  • Will Steve Gallen be attending as he is now a director?