Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel on Saturday

I am travelling to the Valley on Saturday from Worcestershire, having arrived at Charing Cross i then have to get Charlton which is not normally a problem but this coming Saturday busses are replacing trains from Lewisham as there are engineering works between Blackheath and Barnehurst. Has anyone experienced this problem before? How near to the Valley do the busses take you and more importantly what happens after the game.

Comments

• I am travelling to the Valley on Saturday from Worcestershire, having arrived at Charing Cross i then have to get Charlton which is not normally a problem but this coming Saturday busses are replacing trains from Lewisham as there are engineering works between Blackheath and Barnehurst. Has anyone experienced this problem before? How near to the Valley do the busses take you and more importantly what happens after the game.

Normally rail replacement buses take you to a bus stop close to the station, I would imagine it would stop on Woolwich Road
  • Go from London Bridge
  • Change trains at London Bridge and get on a Greenwich Line Train to Charlton
  • Callowendaddick

From what I can see the works are between Blackheath and Barnehurst.

The Charing Cross train via Lewisham goes to Blackheath and then veers off to Charlton. Southeastern's website says the journey will be affected by the works but shows the service as running.

Alternatively take Boughtonaddicks advice and change at London Bridge and get the Greenwich line service which is quite frequent and takes about 15 minutes.
  • I am travelling to the Valley on Saturday from Worcestershire, having arrived at Charing Cross i then have to get Charlton which is not normally a problem but this coming Saturday busses are replacing trains from Lewisham as there are engineering works between Blackheath and Barnehurst. Has anyone experienced this problem before? How near to the Valley do the busses take you and more importantly what happens after the game.

If there's no rush get the thames clipper to the O2 then bus.
  • Or Jubilee line to north greenwich...486 bus to Charlton. run every 12 mins

I think you will find, the trains to Charlton via Lewisham are not affected, when you get to Charing Cross, you will see on the departure board, if they are change at London Bridge
  • Many thanks for all your help, am I correct in thinking that return trains from Charlton to Charing Cross after the game won’t be affected?
  • Nothing can be guaranteed with South Eastern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trains from Charing Cross to Charlton at 12 and 42 minutes past the hour on Saturday. Takes 26 minutes.

Other trains at 15, 30 & 45 get you to London Bridge where you can change trains to get to Charlton. Takes up to 39 minutes.
  • Many thanks for all your help, am I correct in thinking that return trains from Charlton to Charing Cross after the game won’t be affected?

Only by the expected crowd of 27000 people leaving the ground after we are sold to Bill Gates tomorrow

Only by the expected crowd of 27000 people leaving the ground after we are sold to Bill Gates tomorrow
    If that were to happen a lot of fans wouldn't be going home on the Saturday
  • Avoid driving through Greenwich Town centre tomorrow,as it's 'car free day'.
    https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/info/200232/events/2033/greenwich_car_free_day/2
  • No Southeastern services from Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Waterloo East or London Bridge on Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 July

There will be no Southeastern services from Charing Cross, Waterloo East, Cannon Street or London Bridge this weekend.

There will be fewer trains on most metro routes, and our longer distance mainline services will run to Victoria instead of Charing Cross.

You will be able to use London Underground at no extra cost between Victoria, Cannon Street, Embankment (for Charing Cross), London Bridge, Waterloo, Bank & Monument and also the Jubilee line between North Greenwich and Central London.  You can also use the DLR between Lewisham and Greenwich, or London Overground between New Cross and Canada Water.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=636994647684390000#INC3ED62E6DE4014A709FE1F79FE633B83C

• edited July 2019

Please ignore the rail fare, I don't know where they get that from!

• clive said:

No Southeastern services from Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Waterloo East or London Bridge on Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 July

There will be no Southeastern services from Charing Cross, Waterloo East, Cannon Street or London Bridge this weekend.

There will be fewer trains on most metro routes, and our longer distance mainline services will run to Victoria instead of Charing Cross.

You will be able to use London Underground at no extra cost between Victoria, Cannon Street, Embankment (for Charing Cross), London Bridge, Waterloo, Bank & Monument and also the Jubilee line between North Greenwich and Central London.  You can also use the DLR between Lewisham and Greenwich, or London Overground between New Cross and Canada Water.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=636994647684390000#INC3ED62E6DE4014A709FE1F79FE633B83C

Oh well, that's made up my mind for me.
    Sorry Chris, but I won't be coming up for your mony testicle
  • clive said:

No Southeastern services from Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Waterloo East or London Bridge on Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 July

Jubilee line to NG, a stroll in the sun to the Valley with a pit stop at the pilot on the way there and on the way back. ##whatsnottolike 
  • meant to be pissing down Saturday 
  • Sponsored links:

Course it will... Hot weather is only allowed Monday to Friday
    So the 3k from Birmingham will take shelter from the downpour in our boozers.
  • edited July 2019
    meant to be pissing down Saturday 
    That can't be right, every day is a weekend for me these days  ;).
  • RedChaser said:
    meant to be pissing down Saturday 
    That can't be right, every day is a weekend for me these days  ;).
    Not many left mate.
  • Did you get there @callowendaddick ?
    What boozers ? They’d be lucky if 300 of them could fit in the remaining pubs near-ish to the ground and then only if they all get there early enough
    What boozers ? They’d be lucky if 300 of them could fit in the remaining pubs near-ish to the ground and then only if they all get there early enough
    And they can’t even drink around London Bridge because there are no trains according to that Saturday travel thread 
  • Trains are running from London Victoria via Lewisham.Journey Tim 34 mins
  • Trains are running from London Victoria via Lewisham.Journey Tim 34 mins
    Nationalrailenquiries is your friend