Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rutger Hauer - RIP

Died aged 75.  RIP.  My favourite film Bladerunner. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49098435

Comments

• RIP was only watching BR last week.
  • Ah no. Loved Hitcher. RIP
  • A real cult favourite of mine. Played some great parts. Very sad news. RIP Rutger
  • RIP. Loved him in the Guinness adverts as well as Blade Runner.
  • Been toying with the idea of getting a Blade Runner themed tattoo for a few years (the Mrs doesn't like tattoos) .This is making me more determined.
  • He was in one of the worst movies I ever saw, Blind Fury. So bad it was entertaining, as a blind, white Vietnam-Vet samurai out to help the downtrodden.
  • He was in one of the worst movies I ever saw, Blind Fury. So bad it was entertaining, as a blind, white Vietnam-Vet samurai out to help the downtrodden.
    Loved that film! Starring one of my other cult faves - Randall "Tex" Cobb.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Hitcher still scares the fuck out of me.
  • He'll always be the Hitcher to me.

So brilliantly menacing.

RIP.
  • They cast him as the face of Guinness cos he wore black and had white hair - thus looked like a pint of Guinness in human form! 

• Was only watching Hobo With A Shotgun recently. I think I'll prefer to remember him at his peak in BR instead.

RIP Rutger. 

• Loved that film! Starring one of my other cult faves - Randall "Tex" Cobb.
    Good kick boxer
  • rip Rutger - one of the best actors of all time.
    Blade Runner was incredible.
    I was so obsessed with the film, i did an English Literature paper on the dialogue from Blade Runner. Still can't believe my teacher let me. Got an 'A' too. 
  • Sponsored links:

I was so obsessed with the film, i did an English Literature paper on the dialogue from Blade Runner. Still can't believe my teacher let me. Got an 'A' too. 
    Yep, the book the film is loosely based on, Do Androids dream of electric sheep, was continuously out at our library. I finally read it about six years ago. 
    RIP Rutger x
  • RIP 
  • Top actor.  Wedlock was superb and Blind Fury was also a classic B movie 

RIP 
  • He scared the life out of me in Hitcher. Great actor. R.I.P Rutger.
  • I remember him playing king vortigern with an American accent in the tv film Merlin starring Sam Neil that I loved when I was a kid. Then saw him in blade runner, he improvised the line “like tears lost in rain” iirc. Great actor 
  • Hobo with a shotgun is on Syfy at 23:00