Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield Kit

Not a joke apparantly

Comments

• Horrendous and highly distasteful into the bargain.

• Not a joke apparantly
    Yes it is. They will be a laughing stock.

The spelling lot will be after you. Quick edit required.
  • It's a wind-up.
  • bobmunro said:
    It's a wind-up.
    I think it's more amazing advertising, rather than a wind up.
  • bobmunro said:
    It's a wind-up.
    I think it's more amazing advertising, rather than a wind up.
    PP's advertising is all about wind-ups.
  • Biggest frustration is the fact that Football is trying to control gambling and how its advertised at the moment (Isnt that why we dont have Betdaq on the shirts now)

Yes its how Paddy make their money but at the same time shouldnt really be taking the piss out of something that is a problem for a lot of people in this world
  • I think the PP social media team are superb, anyone see their Love Island piss take
  • I thought there was a law about the size of advertising. I'm sure you're not allowed to have "sponser" lettering that size- has to be in proportion etc etc.
  • their real kit will be out shortly with a normal sized shirt sponsor
    Is that confirmed?
  • Sponsored links:

Is that confirmed?
    I can't see the FA/EFL just ignoring their own rules.
  • I thought there was a law about the size of advertising. I'm sure you're not allowed to have "sponser" lettering that size- has to be in proportion etc etc.
    Thats why the FA are having a word with them
  • Must be just a pre season stunt ? Do the sponsorship rules apply for friendlies?

• Not a joke apparantly
    Of course it's a joke.

Their website states the kit goes on sale this saturday but not surprisingly there are no other images of it and you can't pre-order it.

You can bet your life the actual kit will be revealed in the next 48 hours with a standard sponsor sized panel in the middle.

The kit they wore last night will then most likely be auctioned off.
  • Slight side issue, but this is our competition this season. I know they have come down from the Premier League, but looking at their squad depth really shows the disparity with out own. Almost 30 players and 13 in midfield positions.

https://www.htafc.com/matches/first-team/

• paddy power love a wind up and they are good at it, the floyd mayweather boxers being another one in recent years. 

the lorry outside hampden park for scotland vs ireland with the slogan " you may take our points but at least we have our freedom " with a photo of roy keane with braveheart make up on. 

the advertising has done what it was designed to do got people talking about it, was all over social media yesterday
  • bbob said:
    Must be just a pre season stunt ? Do the sponsorship rules apply for friendlies?

Even if they don’t, the repercussions will probably be considered worthwhile for the publicity that Paddy Power and Huddersfield are getting for doing it for just one match.

When Huddersfield do release their normal version of the kit, everybody will be talking about that as well as it’s a part of this story. 
  • Am I the only person who doesn't hate it?

Probably!
  • Sponsored links:

Looks that way.
  • There are rules and regs about sizing of adverts on shirts.  Paddy Power will simply pay any fine that Huddersfield get in exchange for the phenomenal amount of exposure that this has generated.

Clever marketing.  Hideous shirt though
  • paddy power love a wind up and they are good at it, the floyd mayweather boxers being another one in recent years. 

the lorry outside hampden park for scotland vs ireland with the slogan " you may take our points but at least we have our freedom " with a photo of roy keane with braveheart make up on. 

the advertising has done what it was designed to do got people talking about it, was all over social media yesterday
    I recall Niklas Bendtner wearing PP Y Fronts at the world cup?
  • edited July 2019
    paddy power love a wind up and they are good at it, the floyd mayweather boxers being another one in recent years. 

Euro 2012 vs Portugal.
    Bendtner got fined £80k. PP ended up paying the fine. 

• YTS1978 said:
    This one made me laugh at the time :smiley:
    Had they said March 2018 they'd have been right too

• Not a joke apparantly

Pity if it turns out to be a wind-up - they look like they're on a hen do.

• Not a joke apparantly
    OMG those poor fans
  • Danepak said:
    paddy power love a wind up and they are good at it, the floyd mayweather boxers being another one in recent years. 

Euro 2012 vs Portugal.
    Bendtner got fined £80k. PP ended up paying the fine. 

What are the odds he's got a tiny knob?

No, seriously, what are the odds?

Gotta agree with this.
    they may not be the best bookie but they know how to get people to notice them.
    Rhodri Giggs doing their loyalty scheme advertising is another one.