Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cricket World Cup final plans

So what are people's plans for this?

Tickets for the match?
Serious Leo Sayer in the pub?
Any parks/ outdoor venues with big screens showing it?
Garden sesh and Barbie?

Weather forecast for London currently partly sunny/ pleasant 23 Deg.

Comments

• Woolwich big screen might show it?
  • Neighbours omnibus.  
  • Booked Sunday Party in Hyde Park - Robbie Williams about 6 months ago.

Shite planning....
  • Trafalgar Square Fan Zone looks like it might be fun
  • Travelling back from Cornwall late Sunday afternoon/early evening so will probably listen on the radio.
  • Sitting on my sofa watching TV. Probably will have the tennis on my iPad as well or I'll record it to watch later

I'm not sure big public screens work as well for an 8 hours cricket match as they do for a 90 minute football match! 
  • Front room. Switching between the cricket & the golf. Kids can do what they like (as they usually do).
  • No plans, hopefully have it on at home. Might have to send the mrs out for some "tartan paint" or a "long weight"
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t wait, hope it’s buzzing atmosphere.
  • Working. Opening up early for it so a long day. 
  • Watch the first innings and the first half of the second innings, probably walk down to the local cricket club during a poweraid rehydration break.  
  • If anyone knows of any places locally prioritising cricket over Wimbledon please shout!? I’m happy to watch at home to avoid idiots but just wondering what other options there are.... 
  • And don’t forget the netball lads. 
  • edited July 2019
    Tape the Grand Prix to watch after - sod Wimbledon. Enjoy (hopefully) with my son and a few beers at home. 
  • A small problem for NZ.  Many pub owners didn’t give the Black Caps a show of reaching the final so didn’t bother applying for a late closing licence (which normally takes 3 weeks) so at the moment they have to chuck out at 3am.  They’re hoping the govt will come to the party with a blanket exemption.
  • I know a bottle of Red that will be using his all access pass to good use on Sunday 
  • A small problem for NZ.  Many pub owners didn’t give the Black Caps a show of reaching the final so didn’t bother applying for a late closing licence (which normally takes 3 weeks) so at the moment they have to chuck out at 3am.  They’re hoping the govt will come to the party with a blanket exemption.
    At least the final is on Free To Air (Prime) as well, so people without Sky NZ get a chance to watch it.
    I'll be watching on the couch (starts 9.30pm NZ time) and will stumble into the office around lunchtime. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Today's the day.
    Feeling confident that we will win quite comfortably. 
  • Feel devastated for Graham Gooch. Looks very likely England will play a World Cup Final for the first time without him in the side...
  • If anyone dares to call for an ambulance today, don't be offended if we are not best pleased to see you.

• edited July 2019
    The Britannia in The Grund Lux for me - 
    With my Charlton shirt on. 
  • For you nostalgia fans here's a nice piece about the 1st World Cup in '75...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/13/everything-we-wished-for-boyhood-memories-of-the-first-lords-final

I can remember watching this game myself and was of a similar age as the writer. 

Blimey how things have changed though. I'd completely forgotten that Clive Lloyd scored a 100 playing against Lillee and Thompson without a helmet...and wearing glasses.
  • For you nostalgia fans here's a nice piece about the 1st World Cup in '75...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/13/everything-we-wished-for-boyhood-memories-of-the-first-lords-final

I can remember watching this game myself and was of a similar age as the writer. 

Blimey how things have changed though. I'd completely forgotten that Clive Lloyd scored a 100 playing against Lillee and Thompson without a helmet...and wearing glasses.
    That's a really nice piece. I remember the feeling of absolute unfairness that England weren't in the Final.
  • Woke up to rain...not good.

Switched on the TV..holding my breath...cloudy skies weakens the signal to my dish, especially on C4...

but it's coming through sharp and clear. 

First cricket I'll be watching since 2005 and the subsequent pathetic sell-out to Sky. Can't wait. 
  • Woke up to rain...not good.

Switched on the TV..holding my breath...cloudy skies weakens the signal to my dish, especially on C4...

First cricket I'll be watching since 2005 and the subsequent pathetic sell-out to Sky. Can't wait. 
    Hope you get good signal on More 4 too as coverage switches over there when the British Grand Prix is on. 
  • Round to my best mates who's.a massive cricket nut, should be a good night, a late one though 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Woke up to rain...not good.

Hope you get good signal on More 4 too as coverage switches over there when the British Grand Prix is on. 
    @Pragu@PragueAddick it is also on Sky One