Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Dylan/Neil Young - Hyde Park

Just setting off. Really looking forward to seeing them both, not many opportunities left I would guess.

Legend and musical genius is not too strong a description for either of them.

Anyone else from CL going?

Comments

• I realise they will do separate sets but I wonder if they’ll do some stuff together as well?
  • Wish I was going. Saw Neil at Hyde Park five years ago. He was incredible! Have a great time!
  • Old chaps having fun!
  • I will be there. It’s the only BST gig this year where I have bought VIP tickets. Planning on arriving for Laura Marling. 
  • Very envious of you guys. It will be fantastic.

Would love to see Neil Young doing After the Gold Rush, live.

"Look at Mother Nature on the run".....
  • I’m on the ferry, hoping my late Viagogo purchase passes security, fingers crossed!
  • Decided not to, thinking Bob would announce some dates in smaller venues. Guess it will be a ‘bucket list’ concert for most there. Enjoy seeing a true master.
  • yep. heading off in a bit. probably try to watch a bit of the tennis in a pub beforehand. 
  • Wish I was going. Saw Neil at Hyde Park five years ago. He was incredible! Have a great time!
    went to that one as well. The National were great as support act. 
  • Recently watched the Rolling Thunder documentary on Sky Arts about the Dylan tour of the same name through small town America in the 1970’s. Absolutely fascinating, I don’t know much about Dylan and, other than a couple of his famous songs, didn’t know his music but I was hooked. 

Enjoy the show, I’m sure he will be great!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bob Dylan and Neil Young along side Joni Mitchell my favourite artists like Laura Marling as well.

Hope you all  have a great time and the old boys have still got it

• Let's just say I'll never forget the experience of seeing Bob Dylan! Mumbled his way through the set & I couldn't work out what song it was meant to be half the time . He was awful.

Great songwriter, terrible singer 
  • Would love to have gone.  Neil Young is my favourite male singer, guitarist, song writer.  Have seen him 2-3 times and the same with Dylan.  Last time I saw Dylan (O2 a few years ago) he was pretty awful - hard to understand the lyrics and made no attempt to connect to the audience.
  • edited July 2019
    I’m on my way now. Neil Young is my musical hero so fingers crossed he’s in a good mood today. 

If anyone going today wants to laugh a lot and dance a lot, look out for the Cuban Brothers on one of the smaller stages. 
  • Woohoo I’m in!
  • Enjoy. I'm going tomorrow for The National 
  • Two has beens I'm afraid. 
  • I'd be interested to know the Db level this year at BST.

It seems to be paired back over the years. Music should be so loud you feel it.

• HandG said:
    Two has beens I'm afraid. 
    Cheers for that insightful post-i’m on the train going home as we speak. 
    Yes me too - just got into the park - looked at the empty main stage and thought ‘nah - couple of has beens’

Then again, I thought ‘I’m going to be in the presence of genius very soon’ so decided to stay!

i can’t recall ever seeing Bobby in good form, and I’ve seen him countless times. But I keep going back - I wonder why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cat Power on now - excellent.
  • It will be interesting to hear your feedback on how Robert performs at Hyde park. He could have one of his rare nights when he lives up to his superstar status. I’ve only seen him once which was mediocre to say the least. But a brilliant as a recording artist. 
  • Saw Mr Zimmerman back in 1978 at Blackbush Airport Camberley supported by Joan Armatrading and Eric Clapton.

He was pretty good then.
  • LenGlover said:
    Saw Mr Zimmerman back in 1978 at Blackbush Airport Camberley supported by Joan Armatrading and Eric Clapton.

He was pretty good then.
    He was quite useful at the Isle of Wight in 69!
  • LenGlover said:
    Saw Mr Zimmerman back in 1978 at Blackbush Airport Camberley supported by Joan Armatrading and Eric Clapton.

He was pretty good then.
    Now Joan Armatrading is a gig I’d love to see. 
  • Young could be brilliant - Dylan could be awful. There will be some saying both of these things, and the Bobcats will be posting how brilliant he was on Expecting Rain, the old plagiarist!!
  • I would love to hear how it went last night
    So would the people standing near the back. 

Detailed report here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48783913
  • Decided not to, thinking Bob would announce some dates in smaller venues. Guess it will be a ‘bucket list’ concert for most there. Enjoy seeing a true master.
    @bobmunro will be well pleased you’ve said that!