Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry

I've just checked my numbers & discovered I won £94 on Euro millions last night. 

1 more number would've been £2.5 million! 

Comments

• Christ. Hard luck mate. 
  • A couple more numbers and you could have bought Charlton!
  • One day Rodders
  • That happened to me when the lottery started first in the UK. 
    I won £180, one number away from the million. 
    I’ve never done it since. 
  • Gutting, still at least you won something.
  • I often win on Euromillions. You get an email saying “good news about your ticket” but it’s usually £2 odd. The most it’s ever been is £7.60. 

That would only buy you Simon Church. 
  • Id be crying. If you ever wanted to know how much of a ripoff the lottery is you got £94 for matching 4 numbers and 1 lucky star at odds of 31,000/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Id be crying. If you ever wanted to know how much of a ripoff the lottery is you got £94 for matching 4 numbers and 1 lucky star at odds of 31,000/1
    I do agree,  but you've got to be in it to win it 
    I do agree,  but you've got to be in it to win it 
    Or in it to lose it!
  • Why dont you play Roland at his own game now

Call him up and say you've just won the lottery and are happy to pay £70m for the club - When he verbally accepts just say that you'll get a contract drawn up and back to him asap

Give it a few hours and then ring up saying you've changed your offer to £90... take it or leave it!
  • Just cashed in my lotto ticket. 30 quid.  Ended up spending half of my winnings on a pack of Amber leaf and a San Miguel. Might think about investing the other half. 
  • I once won £3.5k on the lottery. Did two lucky dips and got 5 numbers. The number I didn’t get was on the line above and the jackpot that week was £8.5m. So near, yet so far ... 
  • It happen to me last year, I (we actually as it was split 7 ways), won £640.

The odds of winning that on a Saturday night are astronomic and to get that much back for such long odds really tells you its a waste of time and money.

But someone beats the odds and it must be coming to my turn by now.

•  Why can't they just give 100 grand to the closest to the numbers to as many people as possible rather than what they do now with the jackpot. Just spread it out a bit. think most would be happy with 100grand. 
  •  Why can't they just give 100 grand to the closest to the numbers to as many people as possible rather than what they do now with the jackpot. Just spread it out a bit. think most would be happy with 100grand. 
    Always thought that about the Euromillions when I see them advertising 140million prize.
    why not cap it a 5million and give it to 28 people or something similar.
    Always thought that about the Euromillions when I see them advertising 140million prize.
    why not cap it a 5million and give it to 28 people or something similar.
    Because that's not enough to buy Charlton. There are plenty of lower value lotteries if that's your bag.
  • because fewer people would do it
  • Sponsored links:

• It always makes me laugh when people say they must do the lottery tonight as it's a rollover. As though the regular jackpot is not enough for them.
  • Must admit that I said that to my boss today after the mare we had - I have been doing the same numbers religiously since it began though - yet have won more on the bonus ball, bingo etc at pub and work than the Lotto itself. 
  • My dad once got 5 numbers on the lottery. Got over a grand, but I expected a lot more for some reason, although mathematics suggest otherwise
  • That happened to me when the lottery started first in the UK. 
    I won £180, one number away from the million. 
    I’ve never done it since. 
    Never even done it once! 
  • We've been lucky. We won £1500, €3000 on the lottery here and in Ireland and £5000 on a scratchcard.
    If I had lived in number 5 when I was a boy the £1500 would have been the jackpot.
    Ho hum.
  • It’s £94 mate. Enjoy it.

the odds on you getting that were astronomical. The odds on getting one more number were way beyond comprehension.

Enjoy it for what it is.
  • Off_it said:
    It’s £94 mate. Enjoy it.
    Odds are he has spent £940 over the years to get it. :p