Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HPI CHECKS

Hi All

just done a HPI check on a second hand car.

Comes up as possible discrepancy on mileage between miles on mot history and the national Mileage register.

Have never heard of the NMR is this accurate ?

The DVLA mot history shows mileage in line with what is on the car.

Comments

• Options
    FWIW I have no knowledge of either  but as graphs go the NMR one shows a very big blip so unless the owner of the car suddenly got a job in Scotland & was commuting every day I would say there was some erroneous data in there.
  • Options
    It looks as though the NMR has a figure in excess of 60,000 in 2018 and around 30,000 in 2019.  Which can only mean one of two things: 

1 The NMR entry has transposed figures, replacing 26k with 62k for 2018 
    2. The car has been driven 30,000 miles in the last year, backwards 

I think the solution is probably more likely to be 1 than 2. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Addickted might be your man for all things motoring .....in fact he particularly likes a bit of techy motoring stuff.
  • Options

I've noticed that the mileage on my MOT forms is not always correct.

I only do a limited mileage in my classic and noticed that one year, the mileage on the form was showing as lower than on the previous years.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    It looks as though the NMR has a figure in excess of 60,000 in 2018 and around 30,000 in 2019.  Which can only mean one of two things: 

1 The NMR entry has transposed figures, replacing 26k with 62k for 2018 
    2. The car has been driven 30,000 miles in the last year, backwards 

I think the solution is probably more likely to be 1 than 2. 
    I have it on highest authority (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) - that #2 does not work.
  • Options
    cheers all.