Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Friendlies 2019(non Charlton)

Friendlies are upon us meaning the season is near,

For those who enjoy a football fix thought I would start a thread for friendlies.

Comments

• A number of them today as well

Swansea beat Mansfield 2-1
    Fulham lost to Cambridge 3-1
    Millwall beat Concord 4-0 with goals from Williams, Thompson, Leonard and Onyedinma

Ipswich losing 2-0 Paderborn
    Gillingham beating Faversham 4-0 with 2 goals from Mikael Ndjoli, who was a Bournemouth player on loan at Kilmarnock last seaon, on loan to Gills this season, 20 years old from London 
  • RHF starting for Bromley today home to a Fulham XI 
  • Yesterday saw my first match of the season,AZ Alkmaar v Club Brugge 5-2 interesting game although both teams had only been training over the last 6 days.Some good young players around in the AZ team.Pity one person could not attend,holiday or business reasons  who knows.

• My son is at Fisher today and he text to say there's lots of Millwall there. No great surprise since the location.
    "How do you know their Millwall fans"
    "They have no teeth Dad"
    I used to go and watch Fisher, i also boxed at Fisher as a youngster. It is mainly Millwall but i grew up there so had little choice
  • Lookman injured after 15 minutes in Evertons 1st friendly
  • Accrington beat Marseille 2-1 toda, not sure what squad Marseille put out but Thauvin scored their goal so they must have had some decent players

Liverpool beat Tranmere 6-0
    Leeds just got past Guiseley 2-1
  • Accrington beat Marseille 2-1 toda, not sure what squad Marseille put out but Thauvin scored their goal so they must have had some decent players

Jordan Amavi, Morgan Sanson, Luiz Gustavo, Dmitri Payet, Kevin Strootman and Florian Thauvin all played some part.
  • Impressive from Accrington not just the win but to get the opposition too - Friendly results as we all know dont mean much in the grand scheme of things

Leeds played at York yesterday with a strong team and won 5-0. 2000+ in away end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been staying at a golf resort in southern Spain. Go home tomorrow. Real Betis are staying here for preseason training and just found out they’re playing Sheffield Utd tomorrow night
  • Seems their star player is Joaquin, a winger who will be 38 this month. Maybe their in as bad a state as we are
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Seems their star player is Joaquin, a winger who will be 38 this month. Maybe their in as bad a state as we are
    10th in La Liga last season and 3 points away from Europe, we are miles away from Betis haha
  • I can imagine the reaction of the Marseille fans when they first heard they were playing Accrington Stanley

"Accrington Stanley, qui sont-ils?"
    "Exactement"

Notice that Herbie Kane wasnt involved for Liverpool after his Doncaster loan

Of course there isnt much hope of him breaking into their First-Team this season but still wouldnt hurt taking a look at him surely when he made Team of the Season in League One

Think if we cant get Josh Cullen then its Kane that I'd be happy for us to get on loan ourselves
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Seems their star player is Joaquin, a winger who will be 38 this month. Maybe their in as bad a state as we are
    Joaquin is the guy who attributes his strength to having been breast fed by his mum up to the age of 6. Over 50 caps for Spain 
  • Blucher said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Joaquin is the guy who attributes his strength to having been breast fed by his mum up to the age of 6. Over 50 caps for Spain 
    The only thing to his lips last night was a bottle of cerveza. I guess he’s not involved tonight 
  • Sponsored links:

Notice that Herbie Kane wasnt involved for Liverpool after his Doncaster loan

Of course there isnt much hope of him breaking into their First-Team this season but still wouldnt hurt taking a look at him surely when he made Team of the Season in League One

Think if we cant get Josh Cullen then its Kane that I'd be happy for us to get on loan ourselves
    Herbie Kane?  That sounds like a meat-free pain-relief drug.  
  • I know the “game vs 100 kids” thing is quite common now but I loved this from Spurs. The commentary and especially the post match interviews are great.

• Just because I want to put it in another thread.

REAL MADRID LOSING 6-0 TO ATLETICO MADRID AFTER 51 MINUTES
  • Finished

Atletico Madrid 7-3 Real Madrid
  • edited July 2019
    I watched the first half. It was amazing to see. Madrid are toast. Atletico looked like a team that has been together for years. And boy oh boy does Hazard look lost. 5-0 at halftime. And AM missed some sitters. Should have been 10-3 or even more. Zidane must be wondering why the hell he came back.
  • I watched the first half. It was amazing to see. Madrid are toast. Atletico looked like a team that has been together for years. And boy oh boy does Hazard look lost. 5-0 at halftime. And AM missed some sitters. Should have been 10-3 or even more. Zidane must be wondering why the hell he came back.
    Good - for the classless way he’s dealt with Gareth Bale.
  • Mason Mount scores twice for Chelsea as they win 4-3 at Reading. If he gets enough playing time this season, i'm convinced he'll make our Euro 2020 squad. Superb talent.

Liverpool getting smashed 3-0 currently by Napoli.
  • The reprobates from the SpannerBox drew 3-3 with a strong Real Sociedad team, with Ben Thompson and Connor Mahoney scoring a couple of belters.

• The reprobates from the SpannerBox drew 3-3 with a strong Real Sociedad team, with Ben Thompson and Connor Mahoney scoring a couple of belters.

Was it a full strength Sociedad side as i saw they played away at Forest less than 20 hours earlier?
  • Finished

Atletico Madrid 7-3 Real Madrid
    For a split second I imagined that was going to be 7-6 to Real.