Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest Fund - end of season report July 2019

Protest Fund - end of season report July 2019

This year, we have again held off the production of our regular end of season report in the hope that the takeover would be completed and that our report would be the final one, additionally announcing the closure of the fund. Like everyone else we have been waiting, watching and hoping but in the absence of positive news we feel it is appropriate to publish our end of season report now.

It is however, fairly brief. We intend to produce a more comprehensive report if/when the takeover happens, or next season if Duchatelet remains our owner.

Background

Just as a reminder, or for those newer to this forum, the Protest Fund was launched on 3 January 2016 with the aim of providing a ready source of funds to enable protest ideas to be turned quickly from concept to reality. Regular reports on the fund have been provided in line with the commitments we made at launch, including detailed end of season reports in May 2016, May 2017 and July 2018.

This report report covers the period 20 July 2018 to 29 May 2019 and summarises the sources of income and expenditure by type. 

2018/19 overview

In terms of income, with relatively few physical protests taking place and no specific rallying calls for donations, income has been minimal. We received one donation of £20 and added interest of £10, thereby increasing the previously reported cumulative income by £30.

Although physical protest activity was limited in the year, we did support protest activities at CAFC (i.e. “Watergate” and “Crispgate”), at the EFL, at the Belgium Embassy in London, and in Belgium. Expenditure in the year totalled £1,685. The categories were:

Products for the “Watergate” and “Crispgate” protests £225

Banners £631

Printing of leaflets and posters £784

Misc £45

In addition, the “further committed expenditure” of £2,544 we reported last year was spent, and the goods purchased will be used in due course.

Cumulative/Total fund income and expenditure

Since the inception of the protest fund, we have had:

Total Income of £59,241

Total Expenditure of £55,056

Leaving a current balance of £4,185.

A detailed breakdown of the source of all income, and expenditure by type, will be provided in the final closure report or the 2020 end of season report, whichever happens first. 

In conclusion

As always, we thank all concerned for donations, expressions of support and practical help. We all hope that the takeover is completed soon. but if it isn’t, the Protest Fund will continue to be available to all fans and fans groups undertaking protests and campaigns against Duchatelet.

Davo55 and Curb_It

Comments

• Thanks to you both
  • Two stars.
    Two legends.
    Many thanks.
  • Many thanks to you both and let's hope we are soon celebrating the departure of RD.
  • Well done chaps
  • Just go Roland

Then we can give £4000 to the Upbeats

Well done and thank you @Davo55
  • BR3red said:
    Just go Roland

Then we can give £4000 to the Upbeats

Well done and thank you @Davo55
    This. 
    Thank you @Curb_It
    Thank you @Davo55
  • Thanks to both of you, it’s much appreciated.

unfortunately I think those protest monies may be needed soon.
  • Cheers all 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to both of you, it’s much appreciated.

unfortunately I think those protest monies may be needed soon.
    To buy a player ala Ronnie Moore  ??
  • Hmmm. Money spent "in Belgium" and £45 on "miscellaneous". Me thinks someone's got paint on their hands......😉
  • Thank you @Curb_It and @Davo55.  

Having this pot available to subsidise protest activities has been so useful, not only for the mass events, and if protests restart I'm sure I am not alone in standing ready to boost the Fund if the call comes. 

Although, like everyone, I do so hope it can be wound up soon, to the benefit of the Upbeats, because we have a new owner.
  • Hmmm. Money spent "in Belgium" and £45 on "miscellaneous". Me thinks someone's got paint on their hands......😉
    :smile: I appreciate that Golfie was joking but in the light of recent events, and in case the British and Belgian constabulary do not share his sense of humour.....

.....for he record, the Protest Fund has never funded the purchase of paint or met any related costs of the Belgian graffiti actions, nor have we been asked to, and we don't have a scooby who did it.
  • Stirling job and it mirrors the excellent efforts of the team, coaching staff and supporters this year. 

A complete opposite however to the complete shambles of our ownership team, who will without doubting, continue to blunder on making a mockery of our fine football club.

• Much appreciated.......and many thanks.
  • I dont suppose there is a L Hanson on here is there?  for some strange reason that person is paying in money to the Protest Account.  Very small sums, pennies at time but quite regularly... they must have got their numbers mixed up.  I've spoken to the bank and there is nothing we can do until that person notices.

• £4,185 ? .. shrewdie Bowyer could get a half decent striker with that cash
  • Well played as always.