Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is it you want from the next owner(s)?

Taking it away from the main Takeover thread it would be interesting to know exactly what people would want in or from new owners.

What's the basics you are looking for?

What's your dream scenario?

What would worry you? 

what would be your red line no no's?

What's your exit strategy?  :-)

Comments

• Exactly what Rothko said, I'd have absolutely no problems with Charlton being Man City rich, no matter how dirty the money was.
  • Honesty, proper communication and removal of the old regime stooges would also be a fantastic way to start.
  • An exit strategy

Enough money to progress the club.

A focus on the academy with Cat A ASAP

Plan for long term growth not just short term success.

An exit strategy

An understanding of the history and ethos of the club and a willingness to embrace it

An exit strategy
  • Rothko said:

What's the basics you are looking for? Investment in the team to be a decent Championship team for a couple of years, and do a Huddersfield/Norwich/Burnley/Old Charlton and go up from that. Investment in the supporters as well, in the way Leicester have really looked after their supporters on the journey. 

What's your dream scenario?  Cash rich oil state who want to clean their reputation who will fast track to the Premier League

What would worry you? Someone/Group that doesn't have the money to sustain Championship Football, and wants to impose a manager on the club who isn't Lee Bowyer. 

what would be your red line no no's? Talk of leaving the Valley, it's perfectly fine with a refurb for the considerable future, and removing Bowyer

Pretty much this but one thing I would say is "Listen to the fans"

Target 20k was the right idea but horribly executed by the club.  The new owners will need to speak to people - whether they be existing employees, players or just fans.  The fans are hugely important to the club and their opinion matters.  There are some fanatical suppoters who wouldn't get this quite right but there are enough with suitably sensible ideas so getting a cross section of these people on board would be highly beneficial
  • 100% what Rothko has said. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Free away train travel

• I think having big tits would be high up on my list as well.

We’ve had a succession of flat chested owners and look where that’s got us...nowhere.

We need to get back to basics and encourage buxom owners to come forward. 

I do wonder if the Aussies or Dalman not being ample up top has been one of the obstacles to a sale not being completed.

• Visibility
    Accountability
    Humility
    Patience
    Activity

• A bit of transparency wouldn’t go amiss.

And Big Tits.
  • Macronate said:
    I think having big tits would be high up on my list as well.

We’ve had a succession of flat chested owners and look where that’s got us...nowhere.

We need to get back to basics and encourage buxom owners to come forward. 

I do wonder if the Aussies or Dalman not being ample up top has been one of the obstacles to a sale not being completed.

You can get an operation now for that mate.
  • Two new sofas
  • No connection with anyone on this forum.

They can be as skint as a church mouse with no ambition whatsoever, just as long as they don't know any Lifers 

; )
  • An exit strategy

Enough money to progress the club.

A focus on the academy with Cat A ASAP

Plan for long term growth not just short term success.

An exit strategy

An understanding of the history and ethos of the club and a willingness to embrace it

An exit strategy
    I would have had good money on this checklist being rolled out 😂
  • A bit of transparency wouldn’t go amiss.

And Big Tits.
    Has there ever been a bigger tit than RD?
  • Sponsored links:

• CLEAN TEETH
  • What's the basics you are looking for?

Honesty with a clear plan.  An environment where we will bring young players through, either from our academy or external, develop them and they either grow with the club or are sold on to reinvest would do for me.  Employ competent people with the suitable skills to do the job. 

What's your dream scenario?

Charlton die hard fan finds out they have 2 billion quid to spunk.  

What would worry you? 

Not understanding the economics of life outside the premier league. Or chasing the premier league to hard in a boom or bust fashion. 

what would be your red line no no's?

I don't really have any as time and circumstances change everything.  If there is sensible justification explained in a logical, honest and transparent way almost everything is acceptable. 
  • Bowyer is doing a great job on a limited budget,this could be his strength.I would like to see him have a bit more money so he could  tempt one or two players to the club,but we must be aware that our top players are not earning fortunes and we really do not want some high earners coming in and causing unrest among the present staff.New owners would give the club a lift without actually doing anything,so I dont know what else we could need.Crowds would increase,and I really think the club could enter a golden age.
  • It's hard work articulating what you really want in a new owner. Deep pockets, a vision of us as a successful club pinching above our weight, strong focus on our ethos as a club that does things 'the right way', the ability to see beyond the 'short term' - these are all things I'd throw into the mix. For now, though, so as not to set ambition too high, I'll go with: 'Not being an arsehole' 
  • Ambition and good intent.
  • To a fan, any club is where their heart is. A place to get together with like minded people.  Winning as much as possible is important, but the healthy existence of the club even more so. 

To the modern owner a club seems to be either a vanity project and /or a place to gamble lots of money (be it their own or other peoples').

The best owners seem to be the ones who gamble sensibly, by not putting the club in a situation where its whole future is at risk, perhaps because they understand how much it means to the fans and community it is in.  They also use proven experts within the game to ensure good decisions are made as much as is possible. 

• Mid to lower championship budget with an excellent management team ( Bows , Jacko , Gallen ) Sheffield Utd blue print.
    Reconnect with our fan base and to persuade certain employees Charlton fans to work with the club again.

• A budget which includes academy water bottles