Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greenwich pub crawl

Richard 1
Kings Arms
Gypsy Moth
Old Brewery
Trafalgar
Cutty Sark
Pelton Arms

Have I missed any worth going to?

Comments

• Always liked the Spanish galleon but haven’t been for a year or so.
  • River Ale House
  • The Crown is pretty good as well and does good pizza
  • lost hour 
  • Frog & Radiator, purely for the name.
  • Sail Loft and there's a new bar just opened called the Oystercatcher which is good on a sunny day.
  • @Big_Bad_World The frog and radiator is now the Thai Tiger - Does very good thai food.  

I'd add the Vanbrugh Tavern at the end of that list.

The Mitre is also pretty good these days.
  • @Big_Bad_World The frog and radiator is now the Thai Tiger - Does very good thai food.  

@addicktedjim , I didn't know that. Shame to see yet another establishment gone.

Thanks for the heads up.

• We usually do Morden Arms in Circus Street then round the corner to Royal Hill for Richard the First, Greenwich Union and Prince of Greenwich.

• Sponsored links:

It will always be The Ship and Billet to me.
  • iaitch said:
    We usually do Morden Arms in Circus Street then round the corner to Royal Hill for Richard the First, Greenwich Union and Prince of Greenwich.

What he said and a plus 1 for the Plume - proper pub. 
  • edited July 2019
    Cheers for the suggestions.

I used to like the Spanish Galleon, but became too much of a tourist trap. And I also went off Neame beers.

The Plume is just a bit off the route we are planning as we want to minimise walking time to maximise drinking time.

Would rather be forced my own cock and balls then drink in the Union. And the Prince is a gay pub, so not really our thing. The Morden is a strange pub - not always open but when it is its empty.

The Mitre would normally be on the list, but the plan is to cut through the park from the Richard to take in the Kings Arms instead.

Makes you realise that Greenwich is still pretty good for boozers though.
  • Chizz said:
    Queen Elizabeth A&E
    Lol. Yes, probably right there......
  • Off_it said:
    Cheers for the suggestions.

I used to like the Spanish Galleon, but became too much of a tourist trap. And I also went off Neame beers.

The Plume is just a bit off the route we are planning as we want to minimise walking time to maximise drinking time.

Would rather be forced my own cock and balls then drink in the Union. And the Prince is a gay pub, so not really our thing. The Morden is a strange pub - not always open but when it is its empty.

The Mitre would normally be on the list, but the plan is to cut through the park from the Richard to take in the Kings Arms instead.

Makes you realise that Greenwich is still pretty good for boozers though.
    The Prince was a gay pub but not for some time.
  • Ashburnham Arms is the place to start. 

Plume of Feathers is worth a look. 

Have to go to River Ale House - SE London pub of the year. 
  • Plume of feathers

Every year when we were kids, my old man used to take a day off during the summer holidays and take us to the Maritime museum.

We'd always go in the Plume first and have a coke and ham roll. I'm sure it was an opportunity for him to have a crafty pint as well.

• Youngs are opening a pub in the old Enderby House which is just a little further along than the Cutty Sark/Pelton Arms. Might not be open for a while yet though.
  • Sponsored links:

• There have been concerts every night this week in the Naval college. Groove Armada are on tonight. Paul Weller tomorrow. The Old Brewery will be rammed.
  • There have been concerts every night this week in the Naval college. Groove Armada are on tonight. Paul Weller tomorrow. The Old Brewery will be rammed.
    Thanks for the heads up
  • Can someone please check in on Curb_it, this thread has been running for 2 hours and 20 minutes and no comment.

#prayforcurb_it
  • Hardys
    Closed for refurb, supposed to open next week.
  • There's the Yacht down the alley round the corner from the Trafalgar. 
  • very jealous on a day like today. Enjoy mate
  • Plume of feathers

Every year when we were kids, my old man used to take a day off during the summer holidays and take us to the Maritime museum.

We'd always go in the Plume first and have a coke and ham roll. I'm sure it was an opportunity for him to have a crafty pint as well.

Do they still serve coke and ham rolls? They sound pretty moreish. 
  • Prince of Greenwich no longer a gay pub. Plume of Feathers is a great building with rubbish beer....it's also got a Palace pennant hanging behind the bar...

Traf is a shadow of what it was...Yacht too....Cutty Sark is great to sit outside...Pelton is good, but - as others have said - do walk on to the River Ale House for one... The Van on a Friday is 'vinyl evening'...very loud music blasting out and a few 'geezers' usually hanging around...
  • very jealous on a day like today. Enjoy mate
    You can come if you want mate ......... you don't look too well so I would suggest you go home "sick"!

I may post updates on this thread as we go along, just to rub it in for those sat in work .....
  • Prince of Greenwich was indeed a gay pub, but for a number of years has been run by an Italian family and it is fantastic. Has to be on the list for a comprehensive Greenwich pub crawl.