Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gaz Metan PSF 4 July 2019 KO 6.00pm (ed. Match abandoned as Gaz was a very naughty boy)

"Let's go around again, One more time" as the Average White Band sang

After what seems only a few weeks on from Bauer in the last minute, because it is, the games, even if only 70 minute, no tackling, behind closed doors friendlies start again.

The Opposition

Everyone knows the history of Gaz Metan and the strength of their present squad so we won't go over it again here.  They finished 11th in the Romanian top flight last season and like Charlton have three nicknames, the Black Wolves, the Refinery Workers and the Alb-Negrii which means the White and Blacks so they are clearly pro-CARD soft terrorists.

Charlton

Lee Bowyer has a large squad to chose from due to the boundless generosity of Uncle Roland, so much so that he is likely to play a different team in each half. Perm any 11 from 20.

Prediction 

1 - 3 to the Refinery

Kit

With the reveal of the Addicks’ home, away and third kits not set until mid-July, the side will wear a temporary training strip this match. 

Other Previews

This blog isn't bad

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d1deb1b71885/pre-season-preview-charlton-v-gaz-metan-medias

Comments

• Lets just hope @ross1 has a better start to pre season than @ForeverAddickted
  • Disappointed in @ForeverAddickted
    Its what happens when Contracts arent sorted out...

Until Life Towers give into my demands and pay me in line with what other Forum writers get then they'll be stuck with these second rate Previews
    I call a complete CL boycott until this is sorted
  • 4-1 

Aneke x2
    Taylor
    Williams
  • edited July 2019
    I predict a few people having complete meltdowns here after we lose a completely meaningless practice game 2-0 tonight
    Notice that they drew 0-0 with Kilmarnock the other day

Although they did beat the Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar) and Algeciras of the Spanish 4th tier

They do have a member of the Romanian U21 team that went to the European Championships this summer (Darius Olaru)
  • No injuries please.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Big game party in full swing, but sadly 2-1.
  • They where 11th in the league before the split, but finishes 7th after the split
  • It’s only a PlayStation 4 friendly . 
  • 1-0 win; Bowyer with the neat finish after a deft pass from Grant Basey
    Don’t forget the overlapping run from Sue Parkes which created the space
  • Gaz Metan have already played 3 friendlies and their season starts on 15 July so they'll be much fitter than our lot are given we've been back less than 1 week.
  • There will be injuries to key members of our squad, including at least one of our new signings.  It's Charlton init?

1-1
  • "Let's go around again, One more time" as the Average White Band sang

After what seems only a few weeks on from Bauer in the last minute, because it is, the games, even if only 70 minute, no tackling, behind closed doors friendlies start again.

The Opposition

Everyone knows the history of Gaz Metan and the strength of their present squad so we won't go over it again here.  They finished 11th in the Romanian top flight last season and like Charlton have three nicknames, the Black Wolves, the Refinery Workers and the Alb-Negrii which means the White and Blacks so they are clearly pro-CARD soft terrorists.

Charlton

Lee Bowyer has a large squad to chose from due to the boundless generosity of Uncle Roland, so much so that he is likely to play a different team in each half. Perm any 11 from 20.

Prediction 

1 - 3 to the Refinery

Kit

With the reveal of the Addicks’ home, away and third kits not set until mid-July, the side will wear a temporary training strip this match. 

Other Previews

This blog isn't bad

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d1deb1b71885/pre-season-preview-charlton-v-gaz-metan-medias
    Just about sums this ownership up.

No new kit and it's 4 July. 
  • 3 out injured for the season, lose 6-0
    A Trailist hattrick 
    B Trailist saves a pen 
    C Trailist MOM

Turns out it was Jacko, Bowyer and Marshall 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gaz Metan have already played 3 friendlies and their season starts on 15 July so they'll be much fitter than our lot are given we've been back less than 1 week.
    Didnt Bowyer say that we werent going to be making any tackles as its just a game to work on our fitness?

Going to be interesting to see how that works out
  • I predict a triallist will get everyone excited when a blurry picture of him goes onto this site - various rumours will go round ranging from Glenn Whelan to Erhun Oztumer. Until Cawley reveals it to be an 18 year old centre back from Erith Town
    I think a lot of us would be excited about another signing even if they're from Dog'n'Duck FC

Knowing Bowyer and Gallen he'll no doubt end up as POTY!!
  • Should be a good test especially because they've played about 5 matches recently as they should have a higher level of fitness than us.
  • An hour to go. I can't wait!
  • Gaz an the boys are here: