Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Don't Do It Chums

As it's a quiet news day I thought you might enjoy this note from a 1950 programme.

I don't need to tell which club's fans it refers to.

Comments

• Options

Who's gonna read it to them ?

Slowly.

• Options
    Words are too long for last season’s programme
  • Options
    Obviously aimed at West Ham fans
  • Options
    Have since added "Spanners" to the second rule of DON'T
  • Options
    looking for loopholes: it seems entirely acceptable to throw soil, cinders, clinkers, stones bricks etc on to the playing pitch BEFORE the game.
  • Options
    Utter filthy abuse? Obviously someone paying attention back in the day. Now they can't hear anything the fans utter, particularly if they don't want to acknowledge the filthy abuse.
  • Options

Just googled Clinkers, the Urban dictionary has the following: Get the comb, our cat has clinkers again! ... When he Lisa bent over, Rachelle could see her clinker. So this is what they used to get up to in the shadows of the halfway line terrace

• Options
    Soil? Not sure how you'd throw soil anyway!
  • Options
    Nothing about Waterloo station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just googled Clinkers, the Urban dictionary has the following: Get the comb, our cat has clinkers again! ... When he Lisa bent over, Rachelle could see her clinker. So this is what they used to get up to in the shadows of the halfway line terrace

Wtf 
  • Options

• Options
    Soil? Not sure how you'd throw soil anyway!
    It’s a sod to pick up
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Millwall used to be known as Millwall Athletic? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I remember the sign on the roof of the grandstand at the old Den, "Millwall Athletic & Football Club, founded 1888".

Something like that, anyway.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Chizz said:

And Millwall Rovers and Morton's Scottish Jam FC
  • Options
    Love the reference to cups.  My old Dad said they unwisely used to serve tea there in china cups.  You can guess the rest of the story....
  • Options
    Chummers?