Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Purrington - signed for Ross County (p23)

edited June 2022 in General Charlton
Realise this has been well covered in the Summer Transfer thread but thought it was some good news( that we all need right now) and deserves its own thread.

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Pleased by this. Lots of potential. Can't get all of the band back together now that Pat and Joe have scarpered but it's something. 
  • Yep. An unexciting yet very satisfying signing. 
  • Very good news that, solid LB for us last season.
  • Not on the OS yet
  • Great news
  • It would be great news if he had actually signed, but he hasn't (hopefully will).
  • Very good signing and good to have such options at full back.  We will play at least 48 games maybe more can see Page and Purrington being used well what with the midweek scheduled matches.
  • Theoretically we will pay a fee for him as he was still under contract

Hapy nonetheless though as I feel he is a decent option at LB and good competition for Pagey....who might just get pushed forward a bit to give us an extra midfielder
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news if true. He provided stability last season and can only get better with his attacking game.
  • Leuth said:
    Good. He had pace, common sense and tenacity. Also barely ever got booked, despite being quite physical, which is a good sign 
    I thought he lacked pace 
    He gained some in June.
  • edited July 2019
    REALLY hope he comes back .. had a very good season with us and an underrated contributor to our success .. the type that Bowyer likes
    Equalising goal at Wembley helped. Good end to a good loan spell.
  • edited July 2019
    REALLY hope he comes back .. had a very good season with us and an underrated contributor to our success .. the type that Bowyer likes
    This I have said it many times on here but he made a massive difference to our balance when he arrived and for me a big part of or success from Feb - May. 
    has a good background .. his uncle is Richard Hill, a massive yet below the radar contributor to the England RFU World Cup winners in 2003 .. Hill is currently the England men's RFU international manager, working alongside Eddie Jones
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be pleased with that. Page is better offensively, Purrington is a better defender. Different full backs for different occasions.
    Agreed, think we will have similar over the other side. Solly is fading as an attacking option but solid as ever. Dijksteel will make the spot his own in my opinion but Solly is a good reliable experienced option. 
  • Not 100% convinced he is a Championship full back but with our budget we could do a lot worse. 
    My feelings exactly 1990. Definitely picked it up toward the end of the season. Still gets beaten too easily on backpost headers for me, and gets caught out positionally, but the potential is there and think he's a good acquisition for the squad. 
  • Page may be better as the left side of the diamond, he can tackle and cross.
  • I had my doubts about him but I didnt want any other Left-Back to come in from League One

Great to hear as really didnt expect it to happen
  • Southbank said:
    Page may be better as the left side of the diamond, he can tackle and cross.
    If we play a diamond midfield, (which seems to be Bows preference) width needs to be supplied by the fullbacks...

If we play the diamond, Page is by far the better option as left back, as he gets up and down the pitch more.

This is part of the reason Purrington took time to settle last season. He's more the old fashioned full back, and had to be coached to bomb up and down the wing more.

If it happens, a very good signing. He knows what is expected of him this time.
  • cabbles said:
    Be great to get him back.  Was getting better with each game 
    Yes, I was a doubter but am glad to be proven wrong. If you look at his last few games a lot of the time he was as advanced as anyone on the pitch, it's no fluke that he scored the Wembley goal at the back post.