Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Foxes

So I just saw a fox walking through Charlton by the station and it has started a debate.

IMO Foxes are evolving to realize that we are not a threat to them, 10 years ago if a fox saw a person it would run in the other direction but thats changing.

I feel that foxes will evolve to the point they realize that we are more scared of them than they are of us, and again IMO in 10-20 years foxes could evolve to like lions and tigers.

My step mum however who feeds foxes yjat comd into here garden thinks they want to live with us and be domesticated like cats and dogs.

So where do u fall on foxes evolve to be akin to lions and tigers or be domesticated pets

Comments

• I live in a rural village, can’t remember the last time I saw a fox. Now badgers, that’s a different matter entirely.
  • Evolution doesn't happen over a decade 
  • Chizz said:
    How quickly do you think "evolution" takes place? 
    Well Morgan isnt doing too badly... He's a Fox
    And yet in the last 10-15 years they have evolved to not run as soon as they see a headlight or a human, who knows how far they will get in another 15-20 years
  • Pigeons seem to have no fear of humans

Even wood pigeons seem to ignore humans, whereas other birds are far warier
  • I live in a rural village, can’t remember the last time I saw a fox. Now badgers, that’s a different matter entirely.
    Yeah not seen one since leaving greater London for the sticks but seen plenty of badgers too.

Is this really what my Saturday nights have boiled down to now ffs :- I 
  • Sponsored links:

And yet in the last 10-15 years they have evolved to not run as soon as they see a headlight or a human, who knows how far they will get in another 15-20 years
    They haven't evolved lmao, that's just learned behaviour 
    I didnt go to college or uni, and i am as thick as shit and never claimed otherwise, does it really matter if i have used to wrong choice of word, it doesnt matter if its evolution or learned behaviour, the premise still remains that foxes are getting smarter and IMO will be akin to Lions and tigers and wolves at some stage
    I didnt go to college or uni, and i am as thick as shit and never claimed otherwise, does it really matter if i have used to wrong choice of word, it doesnt matter if its evolution or learned behaviour, the premise still remains that foxes are getting smarter and IMO will be akin to Lions and tigers and wolves at some stage
    Akin in what way ?
  • edited June 2019
    Paulie, foxes aren't evolving at anywhere near the rate you're worried about.  Some of them have learned not to run away when they see humans.  But they're not going to learn coding, how to build artificial intelligence robots or set up their own tv stations. 

Compared to most humans, they're still very, very dim indeed.  
    Hopefully they learn to use a toilet in the future and stop pissing and shitting all over my AstroTurf.
    Mate if Paulie's right, they will have eaten you in 10 years, so I wouldn't stress about your astro turf.
  • Paulie, for once I think you're getting some overly harsh treatment here. 

In answer to your question, I think they want to be domesticated. 

My only grievance with foxes, as a former dog owner, is frequently having to drag my beloved, elegant beautiful red setter/collie cross away from a streaming pile of fox shit that she was either eating or rolling in. Fox shit is like dog heroin.

Also, their sex noises are a bit sinister.
  • MrLargo said:
    Paulie, for once I think you're getting some overly harsh treatment here. 

My only grievance with foxes, as a former dog owner, is frequently having to drag my beloved, elegant beautiful red setter/collie cross away from a streaming pile of fox shit that she was either eating or rolling in. Fox shit is like dog heroin.

Was watching a documentry and the have very spikey penis apparently, so the sex noise is because it hurts girl foxes haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Paulie, foxes aren't evolving at anywhere near the rate you're worried about.  Some of them have learned not to run away when they see humans.  But they're not going to learn coding, how to built artificial intelligence robots or set up their own tv stations. 

Compared to most humans, they're still very, very dim indeed.  
    Nor can Lions or Tigers but I still wouldnt want to see one down the street
  • MrLargo said:

Was watching a documentry and the have very spikey penis apparently, so the sex noise is because it hurts girl foxes haha

This thread could end up being legendary.
  • Pigeons seem to have no fear of humans

Even wood pigeons seem to ignore humans, whereas other birds are far warier
    Does that mean they’ll evolve into Dragons in 10-15 years?
  • Definitely on #teampaulie in this thread. I want a pet fox that hunts antelope
  • We need to change their diet so their shit improves its aroma 
  • edited June 2019
    and again IMO in 10-20 years foxes could evolve to like lions and tigers.

Is there some kind of fox v lion beef at the moment then? I can't imagine how often they meet for this animosity to have built up though.

• and again IMO in 10-20 years foxes could evolve to like lions and tigers.

Is there some kind of fox v lion beef at the moment then? I can't imagine how often they meet for this animosity to have built up though.

The usually have a roll around on the cobbles on the undercard of Millwall v Portsmouth 
  • MrLargo said:

If you’re having trouble finding human partners, I sympathise but all you’re doing is speeding up the domestication process.