Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradford sell out a friendly

Ok its Liverpool but still to sell out for a friendly is amazing, their stadium holds just over 25,000 

Comments

• ✅ SOLD OUT | A capacity crowd will pack into the @Northern_Comms Stadium next month - when City take on European champions @LFC!

➡️ | Read more details here: https://t.co/4q3m9afM09

#BCAFC | #OurCity https://t.co/hOTDdNAjID 
  • edited June 2019
    I should say all the proceeds are going to a new charity set up by Stephen Darby and Chris Rimmer.
  • who are Stephen Darby and Chris Rimmer?
  • Darby is Steph Houghton's hubbie, recently diagnosed MND. No idea Rimmer. Red Dwarf?
  • Chris Rimmer is an ex British soldier who also has MND.

Together they created the DarbyRimmer MND foundation
  • £15 a ticket and a fiver for kids with Liverpool allocated over 4300 tickets.

Not surprised it sold out really as Bradford are well supported anyway.
  • Great cause then. 

Not sure how strong a team Liverpool will field though, in normal circumstances they'd send their reserves to a match against a 4th division side
  • I know its the draw of having the European Champions coming to town but seeing its in aid of MND its a small shame its not against Rangers what with ex-Gers; Fernando Ricksen in the later stage of the illness
  • Sponsored links:

• £15 a ticket and a fiver for kids with Liverpool allocated over 4300 tickets.

Not surprised it sold out really as Bradford are well supported anyway.
    We could not sell out the Hartlepool game.
  • I know its the draw of having the European Champions coming to town but seeing its in aid of MND its a small shame its not against Rangers what with ex-Gers; Fernando Ricksen in the later stage of the illness
    Really. 

• iainment said:
    I know its the draw of having the European Champions coming to town but seeing its in aid of MND its a small shame its not against Rangers what with ex-Gers; Fernando Ricksen in the later stage of the illness
    Really. 

What?
  • It wasn't even promoted heavily locally.  I know because I live 3 miles from the ground and knew f all about it until I saw this.  A quick chat with a Bradford based plastic scouser says it sold out in hours. 

• iainment said:
    I know its the draw of having the European Champions coming to town but seeing its in aid of MND its a small shame its not against Rangers what with ex-Gers; Fernando Ricksen in the later stage of the illness
    Really. 

What?
    It sold out. It's for a good cause. You want them to do something else.
    Really.
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Really. 

What?
    Really.
    Bit of a harsh response. Think you've misinterpreted the sentiment of FA's post.
  • MrLargo said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Really. 

What?
    Really.
    Bit of a harsh response. Think you've misinterpreted the sentiment of FA's post.
    Would there be more seats if Rangers were there?
  • Stephen Darby picked Liverpool because he is from Liverpool and played for them until he was 24(mainly out on loan) but get what @ForeverAddickted is saying with Rangers and Ricksen
  • iainment said:
    MrLargo said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Really. 

What?
    Really.
    The plod bill will kill the receipts.
  • Stephen Darby picked Liverpool because he is from Liverpool and played for them until he was 24(mainly out on loan) but get what @ForeverAddickted is saying with Rangers and Ricksen
    It might have been considered but Bradford might not have wanted thousands of drunken jocks in town.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Solly Solly will make more dough from 8k max(in my opinion) than 25k smothered with Rangers supporters.
  • iainment said:
    MrLargo said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Really. 

What?
    Really.
    I was right. You have misinterpreted it.
  • What's our highest gate for a friendly? I think Colin Walsh's testimonial against Spurs and John Robinson's against Porto both broke 10k, maybe Curbs' testimonial against Hearts as well, don't recall ever getting anywhere near 15k or 20k though.
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Really. 

What?
    Really.
    Oh do one!!... As I said just above my original post; MND is a disease EXTREMELY close to me

I've lost a family member with it and will lose a friend my age (36) with it

Do you seriously think that my post is going to be without any thought what so ever!!!
  • edited June 2019
    MrLargo said:
    What's our highest gate for a friendly? I think Colin Walsh's testimonial against Spurs and John Robinson's against Porto both broke 10k, maybe Curbs' testimonial against Hearts as well, don't recall ever getting anywhere near 15k or 20k though.
    Mendonca got a few 
    And lets face it the current European Champions are a massive draw. How many "neutrals" would go to a match against Rangers? For that matter how many Rangers fans would go to a match against Bradford!
    And lets face it the current European Champions are a massive draw. How many "neutrals" would go to a match against Rangers? For that matter how many Rangers fans would go to a match against Bradford!
    I think you'd maybe get a sell out if advertised better... As @Cafc43v3r says, its a bit crazy that barely anyone locally knows about it

By having Rangers down it would have been a chance to support two MND foundations, this one of Darby and the one that Ricksen has setup

i.e. 5,000 turned out @ Fleetwood for a Rangers Legends v Fleetwood game in March 2017
  • edited June 2019
    MrLargo said:
    What's our highest gate for a friendly? I think Colin Walsh's testimonial against Spurs and John Robinson's against Porto both broke 10k, maybe Curbs' testimonial against Hearts as well, don't recall ever getting anywhere near 15k or 20k though.
    If I recall rightly, Keith Peacock had 16k for his and it was the biggest crowd that season. Who’s a got a year book with all the stats that they can check ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It wasn't even promoted heavily locally.  I know because I live 3 miles from the ground and knew f all about it until I saw this.  A quick chat with a Bradford based plastic scouser says it sold out in hours. 

Are you saying you live in Bradford?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MrLargo said:
    Mendonca got a few 
    Then very stupidly blew all the money in the bookies.....silly lad Clive.