Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Europa League

Wolves start in the 2nd qualifying round against either Northern Irish side Crusaders or B36 Tórshavn from the Faroe Islands

Comments

• Read earlier that Ivan Gazidis has requested AC Milan be excluded from the Europa League and therefore avoiding FFP complications, basically so they can go on a spending spree.
  • Read earlier that Ivan Gazidis has requested AC Milan be excluded from the Europa League and therefore avoiding FFP complications, basically so they can go on a spending spree.
    AC Milan have pulled out of the competition

Should be given a ban from European competitions for a few years for doing this

No different to Southampton announcing Administration after relegation to try and avoid the 10 point deduction in League One
  • edited June 2019
    ballymena who charlton i believe have a link i know one bloke that goes over regularly and also follows northern ireland. 

they won 2-0 last night against a nsi a team from the faroe islands, how many teams do the faroe islands have in europa

through charlton, freinds on facebook with a few who are ballymena fans and most of them are heading out to the game next week. 
  • ballymena who charlton i believe have a link i know one bloke that goes over regularly and also follows northern ireland. 

they won 2-0 last night against a nsi a team from the faroe islands, how many teams do the faroe islands have in europa

through charlton, freinds on facebook with a few who are ballymena fans and most of them are heading out to the game next week. 
    3 - the same as England

Gibraltar, San Marino and Andorra get 2
    Kosovo and Liechtenstein get 1
    All other European countries have 3 in the Europa League.

No different to Southampton announcing Administration after relegation to try and avoid the 10 point deduction in League One
    Technically this is their ban.

Being reported as a 1 year ban from European football for breaching FFP rules.

What the reports seem to be forgetting is that Milan actually asked for this. They can now sort themselves out, have no Thursday football to distract them and if/when they qualify for the champions league for the 20/21 season they won't be banned.

Technically this is their ban.

Being reported as a 1 year ban from European football for breaching FFP rules.

What the reports seem to be forgetting is that Milan actually asked for this. They can now sort themselves out, have no Thursday football to distract them and if/when they qualify for the champions league for the 20/21 season they won't be banned.
    Exactly why they should be banned for longer

Could see teams being tempted to make this the norm if UEFA dont grow a pair and deal with them... Would AC Milan have been so eager to have themselves banned this year had they been in the Champions League
  • Roma advance to the group stages instead, Torino need to get up to speed quick for the qualifiers.

Worth pointing out the breach’s at Milan came under the previous administration not the current owners.

Not making excuses though, I feel that if UEFA were going down the banned from Europe route a 2 year ban would have been better suited. The competition in Italy for top 4 and top 6 places is fierce and this gives Milan an advantage for next season. Although while this is their preferred punishment the humiliation the club faces in Italy shouldn’t be overlooked.
  • Good win for St Josephs(Gibraltar) today, drew the 1st leg against Prishtina(Kosovo) 1-1 and won the 2nd leg 2-0, 3 red cards in the game as well.

St Josephs up against Aribo and Rangers next
  • Aribo on the bench in Gibraltar this evening
  • Sponsored links:

• Are Rangers playing some kind of Catholic school team?
  • Are Rangers playing some kind of Catholic school team?
    LOL. 
    My son went there. 
    I doubt it - it’s a primary convent school. 
  • edited July 2019
    Aribo came on on the 62nd minute.

Another ex CAFC player to play in Europa League.

Congrats Joe
  • Aribo just scored
  • Welsh side Connah’s Quay beat Kilmarnock 2-0 to turn around a 2-1 first leg defeat.

A Kilmarnock win would have helped push Scotland towards regaining a 2nd Champions League spot.
  • Welsh side Connah’s Quay beat Kilmarnock 2-0 to turn around a 2-1 first leg defeat.

A Kilmarnock win would have helped push Scotland towards regaining a 2nd Champions League spot.
    That’s the standard Aribo will be playing week in week out... hmmmm

At the moment Aribo and Bauer could be the only two players who played in the Play-Off Final to leave and not be released

(Thats if we get Bielik and Cullen back of course)

If that does happen and we are able to re-sign those two

I wonder how much they'll maybe regret their decisions, I wonder if they'll be surprised by what Bowyer has achieved in the market this summer

At the moment Aribo and Bauer could be the only two players who played in the Play-Off Final to leave and not be released

I wonder how much they'll maybe regret their decisions, I wonder if they'll be surprised by what Bowyer has achieved in the market this summer
    Bauer won’t regret going Preston. They’ve got a good thing going on up there.

Aribo will carve up the SPL, get paid a lot more money than here and will be playing Premier League football within 2 seasons. 

Bauer won’t regret going Preston. They’ve got a good thing going on up there.

Aribo will carve up the SPL, get paid a lot more money than here and will be playing Premier League football within 2 seasons. 
    I still question if he'll be playing Premier League Football ahead of Championship Football
  • Wolves will play Pyunik of Armenia or Czech Republic side Jablonec in the Europa League third qualifying round if they beat Northern Ireland's Crusaders.

Rangers vs Midtjylland if they beat Progres Niederkorn, while Aberdeen could meet Croatia's Rijeka if they beat Chikhura Sachkhere.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49069576
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Craiova V Honved

First Leg 0-0
    Second Leg 0-0
    Game abandoned after 120 minutes, kicked off on the pitch and Craiova Ultras threw a flare on the pitch which caught the referee

• Game resumed after half an hour with new ref
    Craiova won on penalties 
  • Uboat said:
    An away game in the Faroe Islands would be expensive but memorable. 
    Been there done it.
  • freinds with a few ballymena supporters on facebook and think one of there games was in the faroe islands this season before they were hammered in the next round 
  • Notice that Rangers once again struggled against a side in Luxembourg

Thats the standard Joe is now facing!!
  • edited August 2019
    Could be Torino vs Wolves in the final round of qualification.

Play off round drawn today.

Torino or Shakhtyor Soligors v FC Pyunik or Wolverhampton Wanderers 
    Rangers (if they beat Midtjylland) will face Legia Warsaw or Atromitos
  • Never heard of Atromitos but Legia Warsaw would be tough games for Rangers. How are Torino lately? I think Wolves should have enough to beat them 
  • Torino are a good team. Wolves will be the favourites but it won’t be easy.

Torino are only in Europe because Milan got banned. They had to cut short their summer break to start pre season and until they start competitive games we won’t know how the rush back has affected them. Also keep in mind Wolves start their league season this weekend. The Italian top flight doesn’t get going for another 3 weeks. So Wolves should be in a better position fitness wise too. Although a Wolves v Torino game wouldn’t be for 3 weeks anyway.
  • I think both Woles and Torino will feel it’s one of the worst draws they could have got. Both will have wanted group stage as a minimum this year.