Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• In another big move, De Ligt has apparently agreed terms on a 67m move to Juventus.

No idea what stopped Barca and/or Man U getting a deal done.

Even more frustrating for the Ajax fans I imagine, that's he's not going to one of the current top leagues
  • Behave, the Italian league pound for pound is one of the best leagues around. 

Inter, AC, Lazio, Roma, Juventus, Napoli with Atalanta and Torino joining the fray, you have a league where at least 6 teams go in with a chance at the top spot.

I'd argue only the Premier League also has that, with Spain being dominated by Barca and the 2 Madrid teams and Germany regularly being a fight between Bayern and Dortmund.
  • Atletico Madrid on the verge of signing Joao Felix for 126m euros!

A kid who this time last year hadn't even made his first team debut.
    This kid is an exceptional talent.  It's a lot of money but if they get the next Messi then that is peanuts.

In another big move, De Ligt has apparently agreed terms on a 67m move to Juventus.

No idea what stopped Barca and/or Man U getting a deal done.

De Ligt is a really disappointing one.  He's a fabulous player but has taken the easy option for easy titles and trophies.
  • Millwall about to sign Frank Fielding according to Cawley
  • Cardiff have made a triple signing of Curtis Nelson, Joe Day and Will Vaulks

• Hearts have signed Conor Washington

Looks like all the promising free agents are being hoovered up 
  • Barcelona have signed Brazilian goalkeeper Neto from Valencia for an initial 26m euros (£23.3m), plus 9m euros in add-ons.

Neto joins the La Liga champions on a four-year deal as a direct replacement for Jasper Cillessen who went the other way for 35m euros on Wednesday.

Strange move for Neto given he's made 80 appearances for Valencia in 2 seasons and will now pretty much be a bench warmer as Ter Stegen is 1st choice.
  • Cardiff have made a triple signing of Curtis Nelson, Joe Day and Will Vaulks

I mentioned Vaulks a while back, would have suited us perfectly .. I didn't realise he'd go for £3 Million !! .. he's worth every penny from the Taffy parachute fund
  • Barcelona have signed Brazilian goalkeeper Neto from Valencia for an initial 26m euros (£23.3m), plus 9m euros in add-ons.

Neto joins the La Liga champions on a four-year deal as a direct replacement for Jasper Cillessen who went the other way for 35m euros on Wednesday.

Strange move for Neto given he's made 80 appearances for Valencia in 2 seasons and will now pretty much be a bench warmer as Ter Stegen is 1st choice.
    Strange all round. Cillessen is decent but Valencia just swapped keepers and made a loss. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not confirmed but apparently Leeds are looking to get free agents Buffon and Francesco Totti on board!

I have to admit that would be fantastic to see at the Valley

Buffon as he is one of my heroes and Totti because he is a legend!
  • Swisdom said:
    Not confirmed but apparently Leeds are looking to get free agents Buffon and Francesco Totti on board!

Isnt Button going back to Juventus... Totti is 42-years old, would love to see both but the latter is maybe too old now for the Championship
  • Totti is 43 in a couple of months and hasn't played for 2 years!
  • Totti is 43 in a couple of months and hasn't played for 2 years!
    be ideal for us ((:>) .. class, experience and a few injury free years
  • Manolas to Napoli for 20/30 million apparently, that's brilliant business if they can keep Koulibaly as well 
  • Swisdom said:
    Not confirmed but apparently Leeds are looking to get free agents Buffon and Francesco Totti on board!

Isnt Button going back to Juventus... Totti is 42-years old, would love to see both but the latter is maybe too old now for the Championship
    you're getting your butts and buffs mixed up
  • Someone's surely made up that Totti rumour for a laugh to see how far it will go.

Someone post on twitter that Roberto Carlos is joining us for training in Portugal to help solve our left back problem.
  • Totti had a falling out with the board at Roma, Leeds have made him an offer but they don’t anticipate him to come out of retirement, it’s more out of hope than anything. Radrizzani does have contacts in Italy because of his media firm.

Regarding Buffon, there is legs in that deal, he could well join them as they will be looking to offload a goalkeeper already this summer. The pull of Bielsa and challenge of ending his career in England playing every week could be interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still not believing it. Bielsa takes double training sessions and demands high fitness levels from all his players in order to implement his high intensity, high pressing game............wants a guy who is 43 soon and couldn't even cope with the pace of Serie A in his last couple of seasons. Silly season has arrived.
  • Bristol City have signed Sammie Szmodics from Colchester
    Really good deal... the sort we should have been looking at with a proper owner!!
  • edited June 2019
    Sage said:
    Totti had a falling out with the board at Roma, Leeds have made him an offer but they don’t anticipate him to come out of retirement, it’s more out of hope than anything. Radrizzani does have contacts in Italy because of his media firm.

Regarding Buffon, there is legs in that deal, he could well join them as they will be looking to offload a goalkeeper already this summer. The pull of Bielsa and challenge of ending his career in England playing every week could be interesting.
    Please let Buffon happen..

He'll add to attendances alone when Leeds play away
    easy for you to say
  • Leicester signing James Justin from Luton Town

Right-Back was in the League One Team of the Year last season

All the promoted teams from L1 have lost key players...

All the promoted teams from L1 have lost key players...
    Going to be difficult for all three

Charlton lame budget
    Barnsley have an Manager not used to the Championship
    Luton have a Manager not used to Management

Could easily see all three back down
  • Luton sign experienced defender Martin Cranie .. played a lot for the Blades in their promotion run last season
  • Luton sign experienced defender Martin Cranie .. played a lot for the Blades in their promotion run last season
    I think he barely played? Whenever I saw it he was on the bench. Either way will be a steady reliable signing but I wouldn’t have wanted him back.