Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Probably in some way related to the IKEA family and liked the flat pack look of the toolbox
  • Blucher said:

Grant McCann signed for Hull, ex Donny manager. On a 12 month rolling contract
    Is there going to be anyone left at Doncaster next season?

At least 5 players already gone, now the manager gone, and probably Marquis will go too.
    Failing in the play-offs is brutal
    We succeeded in the play offs and half our lot are off !! 
    Quite right - but, sadly, we do have a rather extraordinary owner. Most clubs who win the play-offs look to try and build and improve the side.

Just imagine how bad it would be if we were facing another season in League 1. Duchatelet would be actively trying to flog Taylor, Dijksteel and anyone else who might command a fee. As a Championship club, we also have a better chance of getting a few high quality loanees in, but we’d be very fortunate to match the quality of players like Cullen and Bielik.

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, what we really need is a takeover and an owner with a smidgeon of football nous and ambition. I have a lot of respect for clubs like Brentford, Huddersfield and Preston but CAFC should not be in a position where they, and others, are hoovering up our best young players. 

We can but hope.
  • To me that's a crazy sum to pay for him when you consider the number of free keepers around and their financial situation. If I was them I'd use my transfer budget to reinforce their attacking options as that was their weakness 
    We've just signed our biggest ever sponsorship deal with Huski Chocolate. It's a 5 year deal and is rumoured to be worth around the £5 million mark. So there's a bit of money floating around.

@MillwallFan mentioned the company a while back.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's further sponsorship in the pipeline for other areas of the club so they can pump money in to assist with FFP rules. There's also quiet whispers that he may look to takeover the club after JB leaves. Whether that be before or after the redevelopment, who knows?

Either way, the man seems to have a good affinity for our club.

I agree with @Covered End that I don't think this keeper is worth the money and that we could spend it elsewhere. However, we don't currently have a first team keeper so may have to pay over the odds.
    Apparently while he was very good in the previous 3 seasons, but last season his form dropped and he was dropped twice. I guess if he recovers his previous form he'll be worth £1.75m but it's still a big sum for you and I imagine his wages will be decent too...
  • Norwich have signed Josip Drmic from Borussia Moenchengladbach, a striker who has played 47 league games in 4 years.

Ajax have signed Quincy Promes for 15m from Sevilla.
  • My missus bought a couple of kilos of Quincy Promes from waitrose yesterday.  
  • To me that's a crazy sum to pay for him when you consider the number of free keepers around and their financial situation. If I was them I'd use my transfer budget to reinforce their attacking options as that was their weakness 
    We've just signed our biggest ever sponsorship deal with Huski Chocolate. It's a 5 year deal and is rumoured to be worth around the £5 million mark. So there's a bit of money floating around.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's further sponsorship in the pipeline for other areas of the club so they can pump money in to assist with FFP rules. There's also quiet whispers that he may look to takeover the club after JB leaves. Whether that be before or after the redevelopment, who knows?

I agree with @Covered End that I don't think this keeper is worth the money and that we could spend it elsewhere. However, we don't currently have a first team keeper so may have to pay over the odds.
    Apparently while he was very good in the previous 3 seasons, but last season his form dropped and he was dropped twice. I guess if he recovers his previous form he'll be worth £1.75m but it's still a big sum for you and I imagine his wages will be decent too...
    Apparently he failed the medical.

Can't help but think we've dodged a bullet there.

Do you not rate your recruitment staff? 

We know to our cost that it is vital to success and our only hope for staying up.
  • Redrobo said:
    To me that's a crazy sum to pay for him when you consider the number of free keepers around and their financial situation. If I was them I'd use my transfer budget to reinforce their attacking options as that was their weakness 

We know to our cost that it is vital to success and our only hope for staying up.

To be honest, we're a bit hot and cold in that department. We've had some success but have also signed some proper duds. Probably like a lot of clubs in a similar position to us, including yourselves.

With the pursuit of Lowe it seems we're still somewhat reliant on King Kenny (Saville and Wallace from Wolves) doing us a good turn.

• Ha, I said he wasn't very good, certainly not worth £1.75M and he has apparently failed a medical.
  • Redrobo said:
    To me that's a crazy sum to pay for him when you consider the number of free keepers around and their financial situation. If I was them I'd use my transfer budget to reinforce their attacking options as that was their weakness 

To be honest, we're a bit hot and cold in that department. We've had some success but have also signed some proper duds. Probably like a lot of clubs in a similar position to us, including yourselves.

With the pursuit of Lowe it seems we're still somewhat reliant on King Kenny (Saville and Wallace from Wolves) doing us a good turn.

We were very firmly in that position. Past tense.

I assume that the term of a ‘similar position to us’ means without out much money so cannot go out and buy tried and trusted and are therefore taking a higher risk in signing a duff player than (say) Leeds. I agree. 

But some clubs just seem to get it about right more consistently. Under previous managers a good signing seemed more luck than judgement and a bit random. Our recruitment now feels impressive. Promotion without signing a player for a fee must be some sort of record. Bowyer has now made his first ever signing of a player that has cost money. We certainly need to be spot on with every signing we make if we are going to survive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Freddie Ladapo has signed for Rotherham for an estimated 500k plus 150k add ons from Plymouth. I wonder if we were interested, obviously not with that fee though.
  • Stoke sign Adam Davies, Nick Powell, Lee Gregory, Jordan Cousins and Liam Lindsay.
  • Interesting way of Stoke announcing it 
  • bobcafc7 said:
    Stoke sign Adam Davies, Nick Powell, Lee Gregory, Jordan Cousins and Liam Lindsay.
    As I wrote on the Cousins thread, all are from struggling Championship teams or promoted L1 teams, probably a level of player Jones knows well

2 of those players from Barnsley, keeper Davies on a free and Lindsay for £2m.
    Powell from Wigan, Cousins from QPR, Gregory from Millwall 
  • Norwich have signed Josip Drmic from Borussia Moenchengladbach, a striker who has played 47 league games in 4 years.

Ajax have signed Quincy Promes for 15m from Sevilla.
    On his day Drmic is a real player, especially at that level. The question is injuries. Good record for Switzerland. Can stretch defenses. Don't know the particulars of the deal but could be a real coup. 
  • Stoke have signed 5 players today because they are back in training tomorrow, as we are not back in training until Friday, we have until Thursday to sign our 5 players  :)
  • edited June 2019
    Need to start training early... they have the hardest possible start away from the Bet365 Stadium
  • I think Stoke might have picked up a few players today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely class signing. Didn't Everton finish quite well last season? Reckon if they get a few more players in they could challenge Europa league, maybe champions League at a push. Chelsea will struggle, so will Man U and Arsenal, Spurs aren't a guarantee but obviously the most expected of the bunch, exciting time to be an Evertonian.

Pickford, Digne, Gomes, Richarlison, Keane, Sigurdsson, Lookman, Gueye. Probably a few more I'm forgetting
  • Be surprised if Lookman isnt sold come the end of the Transfer Window

He certainly needs to leave Everton as they've properly stalled his career since his return from Leipzig
  • A fee has been agreed between Bournemouth and Millwall for winger Connor Mahoney.

Also turns out that the Polish keeper failed the medical due to a knee injury. As such we went back to Ipswich and lowered our offer to about £900k, which was rejected.

• Can you post the actual transfer rather than link please, or at least screenshot. I thought this was the whole point of the thread not to be linked to somewhere else...
  • That club that shall not be named have accepted a bid from Man Utd for Wan-Bissaka

£50m and proof that Man Utd didnt bother to watch him against France last week

I shudder to think what Scott Parker would be worth if we were to sell him now
  • edited June 2019
    That club that shall not be named have accepted a bid from Man Utd for Wan-Bissaka

£50m and proof that Man Utd didnt bother to watch him against France last week

I shudder to think what Scott Parker would be worth if we were to sell him now
    The cost of their under 21 left back with one season under his belt could buy our club, let that sink in. 
  • He's a right back, but I see your point
  • What is interesting, AWB was only on 10k a week as a premier league player, I know he came through the academy but still 

• It pains me that two of the best transfer deals for a selling club in recent years are Bolasie for £20m and now wan-Bissaka for £50m!