Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Fear if the money is right, Roly will not hesitate to trouser it.
  • Options
    If we signed Amos, he would be number 1 by xmas. Much better keeper than Philips imo. 
  • Options
    During the last few games of the season and playoffs he was arguably one of our best and most accomplished performers but didn’t get the praise he deserves as he doesn’t get on the scoresheet. But filled in effortlessly at right back and rarely got beaten 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    J BLOCK said:
    If we signed Amos, he would be number 1 by xmas. Much better keeper than Philips imo. 

Tend to agree with this really, although he has never performed when in the Championship. I'd like to think Bowyer and the coaching staff would get the best out of him like last time though. If he played at the same level as he did for us last time then he's better than Phillips. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Based on last season, no. 
  • Options
    Phillips still worries me from crosses although I do admit he has improved in that department 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Agree with this..
  • Options
    I think having two good goalkeepers is a no brainer, both know the club and more importantly each other. Win win as far as  I'm concerned if he Amos signs.
  • Options
    With the exception of 1 massive error (which was footwork rather than goalkeeping ability) I think Phillips was pretty much flawless all season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Phillips is a better keeper than Amos who seems to have been poor at Millwall. Some of our fans have been desperate not to like Phillips.

Would prefer Alnwick as a signing if available.
  • Options
    In the year since Amos left, Phillips has improved lots, Amos has gone backwards. Probably much of a muchness now
  • Options
    Personally think Phillips will only improve himself and will be No1. all season.
    Totally agree. 
  • Options
    Phillips is a decent keeper now, will be a great keeper in 12months imo
  • Options
    I would have Amos back, as competition for places is healthy, but he would have to take a huge pay cut, he was on £16,000 a week at Bolton, with such a tight budget, sure we can find a decent back-up keeper for cheap
  • Options
    Said this before but unless Amos is willing to take a very "normal" wage then I'd rather we sign someone cheaper and spend the difference on an outfield player. That said, whatever Gallen and Bowyer decide is alright with me as they know what they're doing.
  • Options
    We're not interested in Marquis as he would cost too much (so we can go back to calling him a sh*t Andy Carroll!)

League one player costing to much!!!?? Bloody Roland!!! Grrrrr
  • Options
    Is this a thread about Phillips or transfers...back on topic :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Said this before but unless Amos is willing to take a very "normal" wage then I'd rather we sign someone cheaper and spend the difference on an outfield player. That said, whatever Gallen and Bowyer decide is alright with me as they know what they're doing.
    He would have to because we will only offer him a very "normal" wage.
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    We're not interested in Marquis as he would cost too much (so we can go back to calling him a sh*t Andy Carroll!)

Doesn't matter on the league. Pretty sure most Champ clubs wouldn't have been able to afford the 10mil we got for Lookman. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    He would have to because we will only offer him a very "normal" wage.
    Right, I just mean I'd rather find a keeper on say 2.5 - 3k to allow an extra couple to be spent on an outfield player. Rather than give Amos 5k. But I'm just guessing on figures, don't know what we'd offer him or what he'd take. 
  • Options
    Would be stupid to sign Amos IMO. He is a very good keeper but he isn't going to be cheap and on our budget it doesn't make sense to splash a load on a keeper when we already have a very good one. 

We need another one that's for sure but there are more suitable alternatives out there. Phillips wasn't flawless, he didn't start the season that well but was fantastic when he regained his spot and certainly deserves to start the season as Number 1. 
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Doesn't matter on the league. Pretty sure most Champ clubs wouldn't have been able to afford the 10mil we got for Lookman. 
    Oh yea forgot Lookman! Probably was thinking he was sold in the Championship lol
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    uie2 said:

Oh yea forgot Lookman! Probably was thinking he was sold in the Championship lol
    The point is valid though, I don't know what Donny are asking for but we should be in a position to afford him. I would prefer Eaves anyway to be honest. 
  • Options
    I think Amos will know he won't get a wage like he did at Bolton he won't have a rush of clubs after him after last season too, I think there's a good chance we can get Amos on a wage fitting into our structure and we'd be crazy not to sign him if it was possible.

I don't think there's much between Amos and Phillips, obviously Phillips is in better form right now but Amos' distribution is far better. Happy to go with Lord Bowyer's judgement in signing and/or playing Amos.
  • Options
    At the moment Amos is better than Phillips, as Dillon's distribution is still a work in progress

However Dillon is still improving, whereas Amos has possibly reached a plateau. 
  • Options
    At the moment Amos is better than Phillips, as Dillon's distribution is still a work in progress

However Dillon is still improving, whereas Amos has possibly reached a plateau. 
    Amos was poor at Millwall last season so certainly not the better keeper.
  • Options
    Philips is the future.
    I’ve heard it’s children.