Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• Options
    He's going to be picking up about 25-30k a month, i'm pretty sure he'll find somewhere decent to live.
  • Options
    Don’t know if I am reading too much into this but.......if you watch Pat’s reaction immediately after he scored at Wembley it was somewhat muted......the other players went absolutely mental but he appeared to be being reflective and far less excited.
    Maybe that’s his character but I’m certain he wasn’t leaping around like the rest of the guys......even when they got into an impromptu celebratory huddle on the touchline he more or less ambled up and as an afterthought joined in....if you don’t believe me take another look, you’ll see what i mean.
    As I say, it may just be his character but it was certainly a different reaction from the rest of the guys.
    It's Pats personality.
    I saw about 7 players going Ape who I believe knew they wouldn't be at Charlton next season.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Just to add my thoughts.

Bauer was a good member of  our team, even without the Wembley goal. He gave his all and along with almost everyone I'm grateful for his efforts.

He decided to leave months ago, so it's no surprise. I don't know what he earned at Charlton, nor what he'll earn at PNE

But, he has gone down in my estimation for joining Preston. I understand he wanted more money than Charlton would pay and I don't hold that against him. But Preston!! Surely he could have done better than that?

I hope they get relegated.

Yeah I heard he turned down Leeds, Derby and a number of Prem clubs so he could join Preston.
    Oh no actually he didn't, he had a choice of Blackburn, Preston & Wigan.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    He didn't get offered double his salary.......  :neutral:
    I've no idea myself, but Cawley said he was offered double by some clubs.
  • Options
    Good luck Patrick and thanx for the memories really hope it works well for you except when you play us
  • Options
    AFKA you are right,for all his many faults ,I think Roland was spot on when he called some championship clubs crazy.Only the clubs with the parachute payments plus the 30000 a week clubs like leeds,Derby,can afford the wages that some players want.I have said for years this will go wrong,the amount of sugar daddies wanting to bank roll their clubs is drying up,Bolton are the tip of the iceberg,if clubs like Fulham,Cardiff dont get back up quickly they are in trouble(look at us).Good luck to the players like Patrick,,it is a short career,but soon enough will be enough for some clubs.
    It needs sorting. Birmingham got fined with a points deduction yet their total expenditure was less than some club's parachute payments.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Very sorry to lose the BFG. Solid, calm, dependable. Can’t blame him for moving on and I wish him well. 

Also, I trust in LB and SG to get a very good replacement in. Lockyer looked very accomplished against us and would, I think, be at least as good as Paddy given coaching. 
    But unless Lockyer will play every game, and he ain't signed yet, we need two centre halves.
  • Options
    You can play two left footers against most League One sides but we'll get murdered at the higher level 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    CHG said:
    Great night out in Preston. What was he thinking £££?
    When you’ve just started a family, and someone offers you double your salary, are you going to chose club loyalty over family loyalty? Don’t think so. 

I hope his wife hasn't got too used to Chislehurst...........Preston might be a bit of a shock come December, although I suppose they could move a bit further out, like Southport. 

As for his last minute goal..........he was just lucky to be in the right place & the right time - and then he nearly missed as it went in off the defender. Its ok, I'm like the Murphy's.........

(For context I got done for speeding in Preston & as it took ne to 12 points I went to the Magistrates Court there for a hearing. Managed to get off a ban due to "financial hardship".......but that's another story)

flabbergasted ….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t know if I am reading too much into this but.......if you watch Pat’s reaction immediately after he scored at Wembley it was somewhat muted......the other players went absolutely mental but he appeared to be being reflective and far less excited.
    Maybe that’s his character but I’m certain he wasn’t leaping around like the rest of the guys......even when they got into an impromptu celebratory huddle on the touchline he more or less ambled up and as an afterthought joined in....if you don’t believe me take another look, you’ll see what i mean.
    As I say, it may just be his character but it was certainly a different reaction from the rest of the guys.
    It's Pats personality.
    I saw about 7 players going Ape who I believe knew they wouldn't be at Charlton next season.
    So you are suggesting that at least seven of the side we put out at Wembley won’t be retained.....really, how interesting?!!?
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Thank you Patrick for all you did for us. I think Preston are fine - they strike me as a well run club and to be honest after the omnishambles that is anything touched by the hand of Duchatelet, you need some time at a club where the off-field issues don't overwhelm everything else. The extra dosh probably helps as well. Good luck (except against us). 
    +1.  Best of luck, BFG.
  • Options
    Great lad, great defender, but not irreplaceable imo.

forever part of charlton history. Thank you BFG 
  • Options
    He's going to be picking up about 25-30k a month, i'm pretty sure he'll find somewhere decent to live.
    If that’s accurate then fair play to him, no way we could/should have tried to compete with that sort of money. 
  • Options
    One positive is that we now have another player that we can obsess over resigning when his contract is almost up at Preston. 
    Is he gonna quit early then?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    se9addick said:
    If that’s accurate then fair play to him, no way we could/should have tried to compete with that sort of money. 
    No chance he'll be on that much. Preston have a pretty low budget so I'd imagine it's more like 10k, 15k max. 
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Just to add my thoughts.

Bauer was a good member of  our team, even without the Wembley goal. He gave his all and along with almost everyone I'm grateful for his efforts.

He decided to leave months ago, so it's no surprise. I don't know what he earned at Charlton, nor what he'll earn at PNE

But, he has gone down in my estimation for joining Preston. I understand he wanted more money than Charlton would pay and I don't hold that against him. But Preston!! Surely he could have done better than that?

I hope they get relegated.

Yeah I heard he turned down Leeds, Derby and a number of Prem clubs so he could join Preston.
    Oh no actually he didn't, he had a choice of Blackburn, Preston & Wigan.
    Trying to think which one of those is the bleakest place. Quite a hard one to pick!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    No chance he'll be on that much. Preston have a pretty low budget so I'd imagine it's more like 10k, 15k max. 
    10k a month? You're nuts, Chris is not gonna be that far off, 10k a week isnt unreasonable for a Champ CB at alln
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Redhenry said:
    It’s worth noting that Preston don’t actually pay big money and their revenue of £13.4m in 2017/18 is very similar to what Charlton’s will be in 2019/20 - in fact it’s a fair bet Charlton’s will be higher.

Their wage bill in 17/18 was £15m against Charlton’s £10m on much lower L1 income.

Obviously we don’t know Bauer is going there, his wider reasoning or how far up Lee Bowyer’s priority list retaining him was.

But let’s be clear that if they are offering him double what Charlton are, it’s a choice on both sides. It’s not can’t in our case, it’s won’t. 
    Good point made @Airman Brown .A strange move because i heard the max Preston would pay is 7 a week.
    Sounds like he got impatient. Apparently he threw his toys out last season, when he was stopped going to Blackburn.
    If and it is if we were offering £5Kpw and Preston offered £7Kpw, it's still £100Kpa pay rise.
    I'll be honest and say I would move for an extra £100Kpa. 
    You surprise me saying that CE. Knowing you as I do my instinct would be you are not salary driven as a deciding factor.

ill be honest. If I was earning £250k a year, had a young family that was settled in the area and happy in my current place of work and well respected, I’d probably reject a majorly impacting sideways career move for an extra £100k a year
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    se9addick said:
    10k a month? You're nuts, Chris is not gonna be that far off, 10k a week isnt unreasonable for a Champ CB at alln
    Apologies I didn't read the post by Chris properly. I meant 10k-15k a week at Preston so yes Chris is correct. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    CHG said:
    Great night out in Preston. What was he thinking £££?
    When you’ve just started a family, and someone offers you double your salary, are you going to chose club loyalty over family loyalty? Don’t think so. 

I hope his wife hasn't got too used to Chislehurst...........Preston might be a bit of a shock come December, although I suppose they could move a bit further out, like Southport. 

As for his last minute goal..........he was just lucky to be in the right place & the right time - and then he nearly missed as it went in off the defender. Its ok, I'm like the Murphy's.........

(For context I got done for speeding in Preston & as it took ne to 12 points I went to the Magistrates Court there for a hearing. Managed to get off a ban due to "financial hardship".......but that's another story)

flabbergasted ….
    Tongue in cheek......
  • Options
    It's Pats personality.
    So you are suggesting that at least seven of the side we put out at Wembley won’t be retained.....really, how interesting?!!?
    Def gone: Purrington, Bauer, Bielik, Cullen, Williams, Parker
    Very doubtful in reality that we can lure any of them back.
    Probably gone: Aribo
    Maybe going: Pearce 
    That's eight.
  • Options
    H......all of those (apart from Bauer), may or may not be with us according to what you’re saying.....as in doubtful, probably and maybe!
    You are not saying they definitely won’t be with us....so in truth who knows.
    Whereas sbs is saying they ‘definitely’ won’t be, you are saying possibly won’t be.
    I fancy some of those you mentioned will still be with us, though how many is anyone’s guess.
  • Options
    H......all of those (apart from Bauer), may or may not be with us according to what you’re saying.....as in doubtful, probably and maybe!
    You are not saying they definitely won’t be with us....so in truth who knows.
    Whereas sbs is saying they ‘definitely’ won’t be, you are saying possibly won’t be.
    I fancy some of those you mentioned will still be with us, though how many is anyone’s guess.
    At this moment all the first lot listed have gone ie are not on cafc books. I'd love us to get three or four of them back but feels v unlikely. 

Oh and add Dijksteel to the maybe list.
  • Options
    I reckon he's on 5500 to 6 a week at Preston
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Sorry but if we offered him 5k, as has been said, I honestly don’t think he’d have upsticks and gone Oop North for an extra grand a week. Just don’t buy that.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Gutting. Maybe he had just had enough of the RD madhouse. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Surprised and disappointed if this is the case.