Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• Options
    Nice spelling of focused. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So he was being offered £200k? Jesus. Some L1 managers make that. I thought the offer was probably bad, not not THAT bad.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    So are people now going to re-buy the season tickets they sent back yesterday?
    Give it a rest 
    Off it has got a point beds.
    I've only had 2 replies on the protest at the valley thread aswell.
  • Options
    On a serious note,Lee has demonstrated his loyalty to the club and its fans,I hope he is rewarded by 20000 attendancies next year,with him at the helm,this club could really go somewhere.
    We might even beat Millwall!
  • Options
    We will beat Milwall. Zero doubt.
  • Options
    We will beat Milwall. Zero doubt.
    Under Bowyer for sure. 
  • Options
    On a serious note,Lee has demonstrated his loyalty to the club and its fans,I hope he is rewarded by 20000 attendancies next year,with him at the helm,this club could really go somewhere.
    Another chance for Bowyer to get sent off at The Den certainly...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    supaclive said:
    A friend messaged me saying he was told the current takeover is off and RD needed to appease us and hold some value in the club by signing Bowyer up for a year....

Which takeover?
    RD appease us?
    Keep value in the club maybe.....
    Aussie takeover isn’t off, as of 08:58 this morning. 
    It might not be off, but when will it ever be on ?
    It’s not off, it’s way off...
  • Options
    Another chance for Bowyer to get sent off at The Den certainly...
    I just hope if that happens he calls the ref a fucking wanker again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
      Not sure 'Journey' does it justice.

It's like being strapped to the back of the Hadron Collider!
    Does it have a back?
  • Options
    Bowyer said 2 of the expiring players might be signing. We now know Bauer isn't one, we were told there was no chance Fosu would stay. That leaves JFC and Aribo, fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    Bowyer said 2 of the expiring players might be signing. We now know Bauer isn't one, we were told there was no chance Fosu would stay. That leaves JFC and Aribo, fingers crossed. 
    As much as I would love that to happen it won't.
    Both will leave for the same reason. 
    Money. 
    Roland is a tight cnut. 
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2019
    Williams?
  • Options
    Has Jacko signed as well then? Not seen it mentioned anywhere. 
  • Options
    Think Paddy was one of the two that Bowyer said might re sign. Now just JFC I’m thinking
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m still adamant that a buyer has got involved in this. No way is this just a simple 24 hr turnaround 
    Aussies weren’t. 
    I don't even consider the Aussies as buyers anymore If I am honest James
    100%, they never wanted to use their own money and are a waste of space. They will never buy us.
    I’m in this camp now
  • Options
    This is Douchbag....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Someone must have spoken to Roland in regards to Bowyer .

Bowyer knows what he is up against all the hard work of getting new players in which Bowyer must have been working on over the last few weeks would have come to nothing had he left.

Little or no money left to play with it has to be players out of contract or youth players that could step up .

Bowyer can not lose out because people will see his hands have been tied behind his back.

Think takeover still has along way to run,hope i am wrong but time will tell.

with you all the way Lee ,do your best for Charlton and the fans.

• Options
    So Bow was on 66k? Not sure I buy that.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So Bow was on 66k? Not sure I buy that.
    100 k wasn’t it?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    400/6 = 66.66

The article says it is 6 x more than previous salary
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    400/6 = 66.66

Six times more than he started on as an assistant?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    400/6 = 66.66

Six times more than he started on as an assistant?
    Which means assistant manager salary of 33k, no way just not right with his numbers again Mr Ratface... 
  • Options

On the football wages point, I heard Katrien offered Nicky Weaver only £30k to be first team goalkeeping coach when his contract came up for renewal at Hillsborogh. I believe he advised her to keep hold of the money whilst he took up golf/fishing instead. The following week Bruce signed and Katrien left and Weaver was back in on 'proper' wages.

Roland protégé seems to have learned all of his tricks.

What some of these owners & senior management seem to forget is that these player's and managers/coaches need to feel respected. I truly believe that Bowyer's stance was more about standing up to Roland, rather than putting cash in his account. It speaks volumes of the kind of single-minded man that Lee is.

• Options
    Urgh the lazy journalism in that headline is doing my head in!!
    Quite. It’s not repeated in the article, fortunately.