Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Headline writers please feel free to use this in the coming days:

Here’s Bonne, Bow’s gone.
  • Options
    Assuming the fee is covered by the Aribo money
  • Options
    Headline writers please feel free to use this in the coming days:

Here’s Bonne, Bow’s gone.
    More like Bonne Voyage Bowyer.
  • Options
    To the Pink Panther theme tune Da Bonne, da bonne, da bonne da bonne da bonne da bonne da Bonne, dadadadaBonne etc.
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see his car in the west stand car park.

• Options
    Sounds like a decent signing. That's Parker replaced.

Now if Roland suddenly pops his clogs at some point today that's not a bad Monday as far as Mondays go 
  • Options
    Are you IZALE in disguise or the next Mendonca ? 
  • Options
    Sounds decent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Welcome Macauley! Let's hope you've got the ability and potential to step up. 

I said this on the rumours thread, but exactly the right sort of punt on a raw striker. Hopefully more Ian Wright/Jamie Vardy than Chris Dickson or Stuart Fleetwood.
    I really thought Dickson was going to be 20 goals a season man. Then I saw him play. 
    Agreed. Its early days, but Bonne has scored prolifically at non-League level (as had Dickson) and has played a bit of International football for an African nation (as had Dickson).

I guess we could say that Dickson's spell in SE7 was during a time the club were fairly chaotic, so maybe he might have been a bit better in more propitious circumstances.

But signings are a side show unless Bowyer signs a new deal.

• Options
    I wouldn't stick around if I were you mate, this is a club headed for the scrapheap and it is going to be poisonous from now on.
  • Options
    Bloke needs his head testing 
  • Options
    I’m sure this has always been said but bowyer was evidently expecting to stay 
  • Options
    I don't know if it's been mentioned but I've said it on twitter already that I really feel sorry for Bonne today. We have fantastic fans that are very welcoming to new players and his big day has been over shadowed completely by Roland. Appalling tactic 
  • Options
    I don't know if it's been mentioned but I've said it on twitter already that I really feel sorry for Bonne today. We have fantastic fans that are very welcoming to new players and his big day has been over shadowed completely by Roland. Appalling tactic 
    Agree with you the poor lad must have gone from a real big high to a massive low
  • Options
    To be fair, anyone that agrees to join this circus knows (or should know) what they are getting themselves into.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The most relieved Cafc player yesterday was Bonne who must've thought he had been sold a Christmas turkey with a leg missing after hearing the crazy  news yesterday late afternoon.
  • Options
    The goal clips looked good---he and Lyle should work well (as long as Lyle stays of course).Takes a good pen too. Can only get better with the coaching we now offer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Leuth said:
    Roland has thrown us a Bonne
    Roland has given us all a Bonne. 

Seriously, how are we pronouncing that?
    Well, it's French so I guess like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaFp5tF8Kbk

This is the feminine version of 'good' in French so the 'n' is fully pronounced.

Let's hope he is good, but it would be weird seeing him play for the Lionesses.
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/macauley-bonne-kicks-off-charlton-athletic-transfer-activity-with-addicks-big-admirers-of-arsenal-striker/

His goalscoring tally is impressive but his goals-to-chances ratio isn’t so good.

An interesting comment from a BBC reporter who covers Orient. To me he seems a raw talent BUT we must be realistic too, he's isn't Championship ready yet, but might grow into the role. Jamie Vardy for example only scored 4 goals in his first Championship season.

• Options
    The goal clips looked good---he and Lyle should work well (as long as Lyle stays of course).Takes a good pen too. Can only get better with the coaching we now offer. 
    Need some coaches first!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    https://t.co/ZBc2HBuCOQ
    Comments from Lee Bowyer.
  • Options
    Replying to @MBonne9 @CAFCofficial

Welcome to the club geez. Look forward to meeting you next Friday.

• Options
    Bonne de douche 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Replying to @MBonne9 @CAFCofficial

Welcome to the club geez. Look forward to meeting you next Friday.

Has Pearce only been alerted that we signed someone or has he been holidaying in Outer Mongolia & not had internet access all week. 
  • Options
    In his interview on TalkSport this morning, Lee Bowyer that Bonne was a project. They need to do some work with him to get him up to the required standard 
  • Options
    A colleague's other half was a coach at Leyton Orient, she seems to know him well and says he is a really really top bloke, great player, but the Championship is probably his ceiling.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    In his interview on TalkSport this morning, Lee Bowyer that Bonne was a project. They need to do some work with him to get him up to the required standard 
    To be fair, I'd say that too, especially if I wanted to look better by making a non league player look championship standard.