Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like Curtis Nelson set to sign for Cardiff, all over social media. One of the players I thought could replace Bauer. Shame
    we're not in a position to compete with Cardiff,  they've got  £70m of parachute payments 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Can’t see us getting Lameiras or Eaves or anyone else rumoured if there is any other Championship interest in them.

We might even see some of these types of players prefer to sign for Sunderland / Ipswich / other league one contenders where they can get more money and at this rate, they’ll have a better chance of playing Championship football in 2020-21 than we do.
  • Options
    Can’t see us getting Lameiras or Eaves or anyone else rumoured if there is any other Championship interest in them.

We might even see some of these types of players prefer to sign for Sunderland / Ipswich / other league one contenders where they can get more money and at this rate, they’ll have a better chance of playing Championship football in 2020-21 than we do.
    . If what I’ve heard is true we have already sorted them two plus Lockyer but can’t see why we have not announced them so would not get to excited just yet. 
  • Options
    Looks like Curtis Nelson set to sign for Cardiff, all over social media. One of the players I thought could replace Bauer. Shame
    we're not in a position to compete with Cardiff,  they've got  £70m of parachute payments 
    I know that, they beat Sunderland to his signature as well. Would have just been a nice signing hypothetically. So would Lockyer and Lockyer might just be the better of the two, trouble is with Forest linked as well I only see one club getting him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Duchatelet is making almost impossible for Bowyer to stay.
    Maybe he does not want him to stay? Perhaps RD has reached the “fuck you” stage towards the fans.
  • Options
    Honestly I would rather keep Bauer than get Nelson. Nelson is just one year younger and I believe he has a long history of injuries too, including the dreaded Achilles. Pass. On top of that Cardiff are probably offering Nelson more than other clubs are offering Bauer.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I don't know. I know for sure we have offered 2.5 a week to at least two player who are out of contract. 
    £2,500 ? That's bottom half league one wages !!! Even league two wages also ! Blimey!!!
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I don't know. I know for sure we have offered 2.5 a week to at least two player who are out of contract. 
    £2,500 ? That's bottom half league one wages !!! Even league two wages also ! Blimey!!!
    Roland must think that players will take 50% less than market so they have the opportunity to listen to his thoughts about Universal Basic Income and bask in the flow of his enlightened stewardship. 
  • Options
    Surely have to go down with RD in charge - he doesn't care if we stay up.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I know this is a scary thought, but given we know now he has no intention or re-signing our top players and is offering £2500/week to possible League One transfers.... are we just ignoring the possibility he might actually go one step further and sell Taylor and maybe even Phillips? I know that means last place in 2019/20 but perhaps Roland’s attitude is... if we are going down anyway, why not cash out... everything? I don’t put this past him and something tells me we are not considering he could do even worse things than he currently is doing.
  • Options
    I know this is a scary thought, but given we know now he has no intention or re-signing our top players and is offering £2500/week to possible League One transfers.... are we just ignoring the possibility he might actually go one step further and sell Taylor and maybe even Phillips? I know that means last place in 2019/20 but perhaps Roland’s attitude is... if we are going down anyway, why not cash out... everything? I don’t put this past him and something tells me we are not considering he could do even worse things than he currently is doing.
    I can see why this happens, but I tend to feel there is a bit of a panick culture when things don't happen prompto.Same as there was last season when we hadn't signed anyone  and started the season with 3 subs. Everyone assumed Roland would just let the whole thing fall apart and not give a shit.

I don't think Roland will let the club just rot and be relegated as one of the previous posters said it simply isn't in his best intrest.

I think as long as he is here he will scrimp and scrape as much as he can , but ultimately I believe he wants to sell as much as we want him gone and its easier to sell something second hand if its been kept in good condition.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Our only hope is that Dalman's offer is dependant on Roland not agreeing any sales without his approval.

All our players are contracted until 30th June but those out of contract will move quickly once their pay stops. Effectively we have two weeks for the club to be saved / this takeover to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most players are contracted until 30th June. May be some announcements 1st July.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Penny wise, pound foolish.

Easily worth 2M in the market, that's conservative. It would cost 2M to replace with similar quality and there won't be any players of similar quality under 34/35 available and if they are they will be on market wages anyway.

2M over 3 year contract is about 13K per week.

It's uneconomical to not get close on this offer. I am sure no one is offering more than 20k a week to him. 

Get a decent offer and put a proper decision to him.

Didn't we spend 2M on him anyway?

Fuck off and sell the club 
    Bought for a reported £1.2M, so the longer he stays, the more value for money Roland gets.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    £300k development fee for Aribo? Our idiot owner is failing on every front.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Not sure what he was on. Heard we are only offering 2.5 to freebies
    But Roly thought the going rate was £3k a week in League One.
  • Options
    Duchatelet is making almost impossible for Bowyer to stay.
    I think I'm going to cry.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    £300k development fee for Aribo? Our idiot owner is failing on every front.
    Not sure how it works when players move abroad? Possibly nothing to do with RD at all (other than not renewing his contract last summer of course).