Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betty Hutchins RIP

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Will I'll miss bumping into my aunt Bet at matches, what a great ambassador for our football club.
    RIP aunt Bet xxx
  • Options
    Sad sad news, R.I.P. Betty, condolences to her family and close friends. Definitely a Charlton legend.
  • Options
    Very sad news indeed. Thoughts and prayers with family and friends.
    RIP Betty x
  • Options
    As AFKA said I think we were all put in our place by Betty at one time or another when we got above our station, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. 
  • Options
    Sad news, Condolences to her family. 
  • Options
    Very sad to hear this news yesterday. Betty was a fundamental reason why I did so many aways by coach in the 90s and her coach (only ever wanted to go on her coach) was as much a family day out with all ages and backgrounds coming together. 

she had the ability to take no shit and command respect yet be a great laugh at the same time. They’ll be very few cocky youth away dayers over the last 30 years who haven’t head down sheepishly said ‘sorry Bet’ like a naughty schoolboy for some misdemeanour. She always looked out for her youngsters like an away day Mum though, had a real caring side. She was always 100 times more than just a coach steward.

Probably my most enjoyable period following the club and Bet played a big part of that. Lovely lady, great character and the jigsaw of core home and away Charlton fans have sadly lost an important piece.

Thanks for all the good days and thoughts with Theresa and family.

Smudge x
    Proper Charlton 
    proper days out great memories x
  • Options
    RIP Betty. 
  • Options
    RIP Betty.
  • Options
    RIP Betty, such sad news.
  • Options
    Betty was a lovely lady who made the journies to all away games fun whatever the result. She will be sorely missed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wanted to go to away games, but didn't know how to go about it.  Until that is, I met Betty and Theresa on the train and they took me under their wing.  Went to every away game for the next 6-7 years.  I was very sad to learn she had passed away.   Absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    Condolences to her family and close friends.
    RIP Betty
  • Options
    Bless her ..condolences to her family and may she rest in peace