Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1733, The right of Canadians to keep Indian slaves is upheld.
  • Curb_It said:
    Think people are getting way ahead of themselves with this Warnock stuff.  Talk about jumping to conclusions. 
    It really takes delusions to new levels when people are planning Warnock to become Director of Football (whatever that means) before we have even signed Bowyer, been taken over and Warnock has said he'll leave.
  • Done deal.

As in the deal is done or the deal is done for?
  • Redrobo said:
    James, can I have today for takeover day?

A robin has just landed right next to me. It is a sign I tell you. We’ve only gone and cracked it. Put the bloody kettle on.
    I usually order large cod at my local chippy every Friday for lunch.
    Today, for a change, I’m going to order Addick!!!!
  • Bowyer not signing a contract thus far has more to do with the negotiation being a shambles on the club side than the imminence of a takeover.
    Airman Brown, If a Take over was/is so close, would not any prospective new owner have a say in what contract is negotiated with Bowyer?
  • It seems one of the hitches for Dalman is a charge on Sparrows Lane by messrs Whitehead, Chappell and Summers. Probably over and above the £7m on the Valley. Has this been addressed before? Anyone have a clue or contact with any of the above?
    NothIng new here. The same charges cover both The Valley and Sparrows Lane. It’s all the £7m. Strange how the same three ex-directors get put in the frame again...
  • Mal said:
    Bowyer not signing a contract thus far has more to do with the negotiation being a shambles on the club side than the imminence of a takeover.
    Airman Brown, If a Take over was/is so close, would not any prospective new owner have a say in what contract is negotiated with Bowyer?
    Indeed.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    @DOUCHER posted this in the Bowyer thread, but it’s just as relevant here:
    DOUCHER said:
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

About time we finally heard from someone who knows what his talking about. Cheers Douche, that’s reassuring. 
    Cheers AFKA, from all other contributors who’ve tried to pass on some info to the board when they can. This sort of petty comment does you no favours. 
    Think there's a touch of tongue in cheek you've missed.

Whoosh 🌬️💨
    Yeah I know already said that. 
    I'd like to have claimed a double whoosh, but my old brain is far too slow :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• 1731, Daniel Defoe dies.

On a Friday
  • No, just the last 50. It's my birthday, I did not wanna get depressed.
    Was my birthday too yesterday; some good news on the takeover would have been the best birthday present!

Happy Birthday for yesterday
  • 1731, Daniel Defoe dies.

On a Friday
    Any particular one?

• Chizz said:
    I am led to believe that the Aussies are very close to completion.
    Not sure why I got 5 LOL's for this. Genuinely passing on something I got from a relative (not on this forum) who spoke to one of the Australians at a non UK location yesterday. 
    Where?
    GM is in OZ. No way I'm commenting on whether they think they're close to completion though. 
    Their 'meeting' with Lieven yesterday might have progressed things, but I haven't dared ask yet.
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    You do wonder if Roland’s going to play the two bidders off against each other. In fact, you can pretty well guarantee he will. 
    If you had two people wanting to buy your house that is what you do.
    I know. Gazumping. 
    Not in Scotland where we have closing dates and sealed bids. But that is far too sensible. 

Will you be watching your wee lasses at 2pm hen ?
    @Weegie Addick
    If they can at least draw today and beat Argentina then they will progress out of the group stages.

Ps. Sorry meant to say answer on the world cup thread not the SOC thread as we are waiting for breaking news on two fronts and it upsets the old boys club.
  • I know there's a long way to go but this is warming up nicely.

And despite my dislike for Warnock - I think he could be a decent Director of football whilst mentoring Bowyer

If there's a little bit of money in the pot too then it's actually a bit exciting
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Curb_It said:
    Think people are getting way ahead of themselves with this Warnock stuff.  Talk about jumping to conclusions. 
    It really takes delusions to new levels when people are planning Warnock to become Director of Football (whatever that means) before we have even signed Bowyer, been taken over and Warnock has said he'll leave.
    You are 100% correct but the sale of Charlton thread would only be 33 pages long if Speculation, Fish puns, historical facts and fiction and general fears and hopes weren't part of the posts on this war and peace thread.
    Only thing that matters today is Bowyer staying as Manager. The rest is just the usual speculation which you get on every sport or Political forum.

I'm feeling as nervous and fearful as I did in the 5th minute at Wembley.

Duchatelet will score a worse own goal than we did in the final if Bowyer leaves.
  • I would be very reluctant to appoint a director of football to Bowyer. He and his team seem to have that area covered. It can work, but I don't think it is something Bowyer needs.

Yeah, but someone's gonna have to replace Mowgli.

• edited June 2019
    I can just about stomach fish puns, but comments on this thread about women's football is really beyond the pale. Please check you are on the right thread before posting irrelevant nonsense.
  • If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
  • Breaking news..... 
    Last day for supporters to book their place at this years Father's Day meal and guided tour of The Valley! 👉

As you were, stand down for now.
  • If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    He’s not a billionaire, is he?

To be honest I think he made his money in a very niche field and I don’t know how successful he’s been in any of his other endeavours. Quite possibly the skills that made him a success in one thing aren’t transferable to others.  
  • Or the skills that made him a success are no longer possessed by him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!