Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Just fuck off already you senile old hag.
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you !
  • Options
    :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options

• Options

well that sounds like its going nowhere then !!

I wonder who put the story out this week then ?  I realise @AirmanBrown has said that various media outlets were in the know about this for a couple of months but have sat on the story - but from the sounds of the last update ut doesn't sound like the story this week has come from Dalman's side.

RD playing games again to get the Aussies to get a hurry up  ???

I am sure RD has a direct line to the Cardiff local press and managed to persuade an experienced football executive to let them run the story. Obviously Roland is an evil genius who can manipulate any of the world's media at the click of his fingers.  Intresting that he had to resort to this as Jim White is on holiday this week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t buy all this he’s a lunatic, mental etc etc. In my interpretation he is most likely not a nice man, wholly single minded and an extremely tough / difficult negotiatior who has little interest in compromise, and most certainly no interest in what’s best for the club.

Ive no idea if it’s true, but if talk that the club and it’s assets can be acquired free of debt and with clean title as a Championship club for under £40m, then I’m coming round to thinking that that is fair value in this industry.

A Championship club sold 1 player for £15m yesterday.
    The word lunatic is of course highly subjective......I myself, have no doubts that he has some unusual psychological traits as indicated by his long term partner (sorry I can’t remember her name) in a society magazine article a few years back......I agree he isn’t a fully fledged lunatic in the true sense of the word but I fancy an established psychologist or psychiatrist could find a number of very unusual traits in his character that make him something of a ‘one off’ shall we say.
    I think he does have some minor mental health issues (though not necessarily alarming ones to the outside world) and as he gets older they will almost certainly become more apparent......for example he may have anxiety problems, which is very common in the elderly, despite his seemingly self assured persona and social standing.
    His failure to attend Wembley and the reason he gave might in fact be very real to him and a true indication of those anxieties.
    Having said that I am no expert, so I don’t want anyone to take my opinion as being factual.....it’s just my opinion.
    As one gets older(as I am), some of these things become more apparent, both in oneself and your family and circle of friends, things that might not have been previously apparent in people’s characters surprisingly and unerringly come to light.
    He acts very strangely, because he is in fact very strange!
  • Options
    Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

It's new season ticket application time again. That's the reason this has come out now and how many bought them last year cos they thought Roland was going?
    So it was Roland that leaked this news when he knew it was going nowhere. He's playing fans like a fiddle.
  • Options
    This is a game to him. He is warped.

• Options
    Have you got any spare straws Paddy?
  • Options
    Could he be trying to put pressure on Roland by saying he is just thinking about Cardiff?

He doesn’t really say anything about him buying us.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    From another site, apparently its not happening (Dalman that is). Well it was nice while it lasted....back to square one I guess, which will be The Aussies still hanging on in there.
    Or not.
    Or not being The Aussies @JamesSeed? If they've gone as well then the game is up I feel.
    No they haven't gone, but they're only doing this if the terms are right, and Roland may yet not allow that to happen.
  • Options
    He couldn't say much else until a deal has been signed. Nothing's done until it's done and he wants to keep life easy where he currently is and wouldn't want to give any more leverage to RD.
  • Options
    1717, Handel's Water Music is first performed on a barge on the Thames.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said it first. Me me me.
    Or maybe Airman.
  • Options
    Good god are we seriously highlighting words and taking positives from that article, move on people.
  • Options
    I honestly think RD will be here til he kicks the bucket. 
  • Options
    Two or Three months ago Cafc was the escape route for Dalman, who wanted to try being the main man at the valley and escape from the tragedy of Sala. 

As we all realize once Duchatelet who is omnipresent like the devil despite being seen about the same amount of times as Haley's comet comes into the equation everything goes tits up.

The hero from the Welsh hills was just another mirage.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lurker said:
    I honestly think RD will be here til he kicks the bucket. 
    Agree. He is taking the piss out of us and is certainly getting his revenge for the protests. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    To me it reads more like a I"can't say anything about it so I'm going to say what Cardiff wants to hear for now" statement.

Doesn't mean it's dead, just means he's a diplomatic person who realises everything he says from now on will be under intense scrutiny so until he becomes our owner (if that happens at all) he is 100% committed to the people that currently employ him

Seriously?

If that's not a statement of definite intent to remain at Cardiff I don't know what is.

It isn't going to happen. We're doomed, doomed, doomed.

• Options
    To the contrary @WestCountryAddick
    id say if you were to take over a club you’d want it to have as few existing financial commitments as possible as it gives you a better ability to implement your budget how you would want to and not be penalised (like we have in recent years) of having the likes of Sarr, Vetokele, Texteira etc on overinflated contracts
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that we should still be valued at the lower end due to many of our players being able to walk in a few weeks time, and if I were to be purchasing a club in this predicament (or any business that is losing a chunk of it's assets), it's certainly something I would use as a bargaining tool.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!