Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• If the Aussies are anywhere near as close as being reported, they need to tap Bowyer up asap as far as I'm concerned. The bloke is the key to the Prem for Charlton and he's on the verge of becoming a Club legend and I think He himself knows it too
    I can see it now . “ Don’t worry Lee . We will take you on as manager when we take over “ “Not sure what year it will be but the job is yours “ 
    That's why I said if they're as close as being reported. People are jumping the gun regarding him leaving without any evidence accept the obvious assumptions in local papers, I'm just doing the same the other way round
    I agree . There’s lot of jumping the gun and panicking but you can understand why really.
    I can understand, and I'm not criticising anybody for it. I'm saying things as I see it and that is - If I was one of the Aussies, I'd be letting Bowyer know he is definitely part of my plans and even go someway into draft a contract, in principle, that he would be offered if he hangs around a bit. It might just help him make a decision to not take the first and maybe the second offer he may get elsewhere, that all I'm saying
  • I have no inside knowledge etc.....but I'm still sure Bowyer will sign a contract, my guess is a 2 year deal will be announced by the weekend
  • edited June 2019
    I think there is more chance of Bowyer signing a contract than the club being sold anytime soon. But that isn't really a positive in relation to Bowyer. The owner is asking too much for the club.
  • Roland’s not bothered if we go straight back down .sadly bowyer will go Jonny Jackson will take over. But we will be lucky if we have a full bench again in the opening fixture.why would anyone want to come and play for us with this guy.
    its unbelievable that teams like in league one with less than 10000 fans have bigger budgets than us.
    The EFL should introduce a financial fair play minimum as well as maximum to stop owners wrecking clubs 

At least we would have a chance as that would some kind of continuety.
  • Nth London Addick,you are spot on ,I have thought this for a long time.When you are getting on a bit,are very rich,you have to find a way of enjoying youself,this is his.
    NLA is the man.
  • edited June 2019
    There will be more twists and turns before the end of the week over Bow's contract. hopefully it will end up positive.
  • vff said:
    Missed It said:
    The whole thing drives me insane.  Duchatelet's parsimony knows no bounds.  He has spunked £70m+ on Charlton and yet the thought of coughing up an extra £50k - £100K to reward Bowyer's success is too much for the old buzzard.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when he won't even pay the bonuses promised to Charlton staff.  Doesn't matter how good you are at your job, Duchatelet doesn't appreciate it.  Nobody matters and anybody can be replaced.
    Duchatelet knows the price of everything & the value of nothing. Lee Bowyer has done a brilliant job & his presence will save money in better players agreeing to play for him. Duchatelet will lose further money by not retaining him. Its utter nonsensical madness.
    And this is why a lot of people are of the opinion tbat RD is being a prick for the sake of it
  • If the Aussies are anywhere near as close as being reported, they need to tap Bowyer up asap as far as I'm concerned. The bloke is the key to the Prem for Charlton and he's on the verge of becoming a Club legend and I think He himself knows it too
    I can see it now . “ Don’t worry Lee . We will take you on as manager when we take over “ “Not sure what year it will be but the job is yours “ 
    That's why I said if they're as close as being reported. People are jumping the gun regarding him leaving without any evidence accept the obvious assumptions in local papers, I'm just doing the same the other way round
    I agree . There’s lot of jumping the gun and panicking but you can understand why really.
    I can understand, and I'm not criticising anybody for it. I'm saying things as I see it and that is - If I was one of the Aussies, I'd be letting Bowyer know he is definitely part of my plans and even go someway into draft a contract, in principle, that he would be offered if he hangs around a bit. It might just help him make a decision to not take the first and maybe the second offer he may get elsewhere, that all I'm saying
    Totally agree.....

If the T/O is anywhere close then the Aussies would be mad if they are not speaking to LB about a contract round the side of the RD shit show.
  • Sponsored links:

• In my opinion RD doesnt care if Bowyer stays or not. He wants to sell and being in the Championship that helps.
    He won't buy players or increase his personal debt, as RD would only add it to the asking price. The championship gives him another 12 months to sell and he wouldn't care if if got relegated with zero points.
  • I think he is being a prick because that is what he is.

He has no option, any more than a leopard could choose to be stripey.
  • If Bow stays we have half a chance, but as I said on the other thread I think he is even shocked at how low the budget is. We need rescuing.
  • Redhenry said:
    If Bow stays we have half a chance, but as I said on the other thread I think he is even shocked at how low the budget is. We need rescuing.
    Maybe so but I'm sure it's his own contract situation that's holding things up and not the budget. Had he already been offered a fair contract by now I'm sure he would've signed, regardless of budget. 
  • I have no inside knowledge etc.....but I'm still sure Bowyer will sign a contract, my guess is a 2 year deal will be announced by the weekend
    Much as we'd like this to be true there is not one single chance in all of creation that the festering cracksore of an owner will grant LB a 2 year deal.  According to that heinous organism LB has failed thus far to sign up to the contract extension that already exists.  We have to take even that with a pinch of salt because the despicable arsehole lied through his tombstone teeth right from day one about managers, players and their contracts - Chris Powell & Yann Kermorgant to name just two.  We've had 5 and a half years of this repugnant mendacity, it's not about to change.
    The loathsome lunatic even fannies around, moving goalposts and taking the piss when dealing with actual businessmen who want to give him many millions of pounds, what the actual shining fornication is he on?
    Frankly why any sentient being signs any contract with the rat baffles me utterly.  
    Possibly 1 year rolling like Lennon at Celtic
    Much as we'd like this to be true there is not one single chance in all of creation that the festering cracksore of an owner will grant LB a 2 year deal.  According to that heinous organism LB has failed thus far to sign up to the contract extension that already exists.  We have to take even that with a pinch of salt because the despicable arsehole lied through his tombstone teeth right from day one about managers, players and their contracts - Chris Powell & Yann Kermorgant to name just two.  We've had 5 and a half years of this repugnant mendacity, it's not about to change.
    The loathsome lunatic even fannies around, moving goalposts and taking the piss when dealing with actual businessmen who want to give him many millions of pounds, what the actual shining fornication is he on?
    Frankly why any sentient being signs any contract with the rat baffles me utterly.  

Understated but true.

Understated but true.
    There’s something really satisfying about the language in this post, it should be bellowed and hissed out loud by a grandee Shakespearean character actor with a hint of South East London in there. Brian Blessed with a soupçon of Sid James might do it.  ;)
    With you on this, ST.

But no reason to link me with the Rat's nefarious modus operandi ...

Unless you missed a word : " fanny's a round ****".

( Finding it extremely difficult to inject any humour into the current situation- as no doubt you'll agree!) 
  • To Roland Bowyer is merely 'a coach', and he thinks there are plenty of other 'a coaches' out there.
    If you don't believe me...well how many 'a coaches' has Roland appointed so far at Charlton? There is a clue there.
  • Sponsored links:

Unless the clear title  issue is no longer a concern to them then it may be close but the title ain’t clean it’s not even being wiped with a cloth 

• Talal said:
    Redhenry said:
    If Bow stays we have half a chance, but as I said on the other thread I think he is even shocked at how low the budget is. We need rescuing.
    Maybe so but I'm sure it's his own contract situation that's holding things up and not the budget. Had he already been offered a fair contract by now I'm sure he would've signed, regardless of budget. 
    Hmm not sure about that 
  • edited June 2019
    Grant Basey to make the step up to management next?
  • Redhenry said:
    Talal said:
    Redhenry said:
    Hmm not sure about that 
    You're in the know and I'm not so you're probably right, but I would think there's virtually no chance of the budget increasing so would be little point in him even engaging in contract talks. 
  • Am I the only one that thinks maybe if Bowyer signs a new deal, we might be close to a takeover and has assurances his job will continue and he can see potential after RD.

I just don’t get why anyone would sign a contract with RD in charge long term and I think that might be the same with LB

Could be way off, it’s a complete hunch. Only “ITK” knowledge I have was posted last week about contract negotiations other than that I have heard nothing.
  • Missed It said:
    seth plum said:
    To Roland Bowyer is merely 'a coach', and he thinks there are plenty of other 'a coaches' out there.
    If you don't believe me...well how many 'a coaches' has Roland appointed so far at Charlton? There is a clue there.

I've long believed that Duchatelet has no respect for football professionals.  He thinks he is some sort of unappreciated genius while footballers are somehow lesser because he regards their talents as physical rather than mental.  I don't think it's overtly deliberate, but it's an ingrained personal prejudice of his.  He looks down on manual labour and dismisses the knowledge and professionalism of football players and coaches as nothing more than trade.  I honestly think he is contemptuous of football and all the (stupid) people in it.  

I can't think why he would take the word of people so obviously unqualified as Thomas Driessen and Karel Fraeye if he didn't hold so little value in football professionals, scouts, qualified coaches etc.  He thinks there as easily interchangeable/disposable as parts in a car.
    Spot on @Missed It. As part of Duchatelet's ingrained prejudice, he also probably resents feeling under any pressure in connection with the renewal of Lee Bowyer's contract - especially as Lee, whilst diplomatic, restrained and highly professional in public, hardly fits the sort of toadying, 'yes-man' profile that is Duchatelet's ideal prototype. Quite the contrary, in fact. 
    If Bowyer signs I think others will follow (I.e. Jackson, Marshall, Bauer etc) nothing will happen until then. I'm praying he does and I'm praying whoever's it is that buys us pulls there fucking fingers out as this is killing me
  • Blucher said:
    Missed It said:
    seth plum said:
    To Roland Bowyer is merely 'a coach', and he thinks there are plenty of other 'a coaches' out there.

I've long believed that Duchatelet has no respect for football professionals.  He thinks he is some sort of unappreciated genius while footballers are somehow lesser because he regards their talents as physical rather than mental.  I don't think it's overtly deliberate, but it's an ingrained personal prejudice of his.  He looks down on manual labour and dismisses the knowledge and professionalism of football players and coaches as nothing more than trade.  I honestly think he is contemptuous of football and all the (stupid) people in it.  

I can't think why he would take the word of people so obviously unqualified as Thomas Driessen and Karel Fraeye if he didn't hold so little value in football professionals, scouts, qualified coaches etc.  He thinks there as easily interchangeable/disposable as parts in a car.
    Spot on @Missed It. As part of Duchatelet's ingrained prejudice, he also probably resents feeling under any pressure in connection with the renewal of Lee Bowyer's contract - especially as Lee, whilst diplomatic, restrained and highly professional in public, hardly fits the sort of toadying, 'yes-man' profile that is Duchatelet's ideal prototype. Quite the contrary, in fact. 

I see the same sort of attitude from how he behaves in St Truiden.  He is a big man in a small town, acts something like the Lord of the Manor and clearly is prepared to throw his weight around if things don't go his way.  The prospective candidates for RoT that melted away when it came to actually standing for election speaks volumes.  No disrespect to those people.  It merely demonstrates that they had been forced to act to protect themselves from whatever sanction Duchatelet may have threatened or implied or been prepared to deliver against them.  Unfortunately, it seems that over time that town has slowly been ground down in to resigned acceptance of him and his pernicious influence.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!