Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Always think done deals get lost among rumours, so like last year I thought I would start a new thread for any non charlton related completed deals

Comments

• Mo Eisa- Bristol City to Peterborough
    Lamine Kone- Sunderland to Strasbourgh
    David Martin- Millwall to West Ham
    Luka Jovic- Frankfurt to Real Madrid
    Callum McManaman- Wigan to Luton
    Joe Mason- Wolves to MK Dons
    Jota- Birmingham to Aston Villa
    Gary Gardner- Aston Villa to Birmingham
    Eden Hazard- Chelsea to Real Madrid
  • Joe Newell .. Rotherham to Hibernian .. moves from England to Scotland both managers and players is increasing
    Newell, though not a heavy scorer has always impressed me as a tough and skilful midfielder .. I think he would have done a good job @ CAFC
  • Jonjoe Kenny joins Schlake on loan, weird to think of the Bundesliga as a place where young English players go to get experience
  • Madrid not messing about, as well as Hazard and Jovic mentioned above they’ve also signed Rodrygo from Santos and Militao from Porto.
    Militao was probably the best defender in Portugal last season

proper change around at Madrid, will be interesting how quick they can settle. Huge pressure on Zidane now
  • Jonjoe Kenny joins Schlake on loan, weird to think of the Bundesliga as a place where young English players go to get experience
    Be interesting to see when the penny will drop for English sides and they realise their own kids are just as good as some bloke from the Croatian Premier League
  • edited June 2019
    Madrid not messing about, as well as Hazard and Jovic mentioned above they’ve also signed Rodrygo from Santos and Militao from Porto.
    Militao was probably the best defender in Portugal last season

proper change around at Madrid, will be interesting how quick they can settle. Huge pressure on Zidane now
    Militao isn't going to play much though given you'd expect Ramos and Varane to be first choice centre backs. Although he can play right back.

Don't think Madrid will stop there either, rumoured to be signing Mendy from Lyon and either Eriksen or Pogba too.
  • How are Madrid getting round FFP?
  • How are Madrid getting round FFP?
    Expecting the sell 4 or 5 including Bale and Isco to make up for it
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48589235

James Norwood leaves Tranmere for Ipswich, a great signing for them potentially.

James Norwood leaves Tranmere for Ipswich, a great signing for them potentially.
    Very good signing for them, think that's their big signing done, they are meant to have paid him massive wages to secure him over Championship sides. Not exactly a tip but I think they are certs to go up, good manager, two good signings so far and they still have Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan who were immense two seasons ago for the salops. 
  • Sponsored links:

Apparently they’ve used the money saved from relegation clauses in other players contracts to pay him a fair wage. I know for certain Millwall were one of the other clubs he turned down. 
  • I am surprised a Championship team did not take a punt on Norwwod
    the gap between the Champ and L1 gets wider every season .. even a consistent scorer like Norwood would find life much more difficult in the Champ .. with a move to Ipswich he potentially will carry on his scoring feats in a team favoured to get promotion as well as, presumably, being on a good wage .. Champ teams nowadays tend to favour loaning strikers from Prem clubs (e.g. Abraham at Villa) or as in the Prem, foreign signings, e.g. Puki at Norwich
    the gap between the Champ and L1 gets wider every season .. even a consistent scorer like Norwood would find life much more difficult in the Champ .. with a move to Ipswich he potentially will carry on his scoring feats in a team favoured to get promotion as well as, presumably, being on a good wage .. Champ teams nowadays tend to favour loaning strikers from Prem clubs (e.g. Abraham at Villa) or as in the Prem, foreign signings, e.g. Puki at Norwich
    Yes the top Championship teams will get them strikers on loan but for the likes of us Millwall Luton etc he could of been a good punt. Like you say i expect him to score a load with Ipswich
  • Daniel James-Swansea to Man Utd- around £15M with add ons
  • Daniel James-Swansea to Man Utd- around £15M with add ons
    at today's prices .. a real bargain
  • Mendy to Madrid is done now too
  •  @RealMadrid in this transfer window:

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

💰 Total: €319m

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/48616994

Motherwell: Fee of £3m agreed with Celtic for David Turnbull

The Fir Park club rejected bids, one of £2m, from Celtic and Barnsley this week for the 19-year-old.

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

Obviously their squad needed to be improved and some players will leave, but that's over 200m on players who currently you'd expect to be subs.

Will Jovic play ahead of Benzema?
    Militao ahead of Ramos and Varane?
    Rodrygo is a kid and if Jovic doesn't play, then he certainly won't.
    Mendy ahead of Marcelo?
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/48616994

Motherwell: Fee of £3m agreed with Celtic for David Turnbull

The Fir Park club rejected bids, one of £2m, from Celtic and Barnsley this week for the 19-year-old.
    We really are going to be bottom of the pecking order in terms of budget, aren’t we?!

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

Obviously their squad needed to be improved and some players will leave, but that's over 200m on players who currently you'd expect to be subs.

Mendy ahead of Marcelo?
    Agree 100%
    Mendy they apparently expect to learn from Marcelo. Crazy to spend that money for someone to learn from your current left back.
    Jovic could share the load with Benzema so the french striker doesn't have to play every game but they also have Vinicius and Jovic is the sort of player that needs a run of games and not stop start in the team.
    Miliato they originally showed interest when strong rumours suggested Ramos wanted out. but that seems to have been settled.

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

Mendy ahead of Marcelo?
    I suppose it makes a change for Madrid to be investing for the future rather than just buying galaticos! 
  • Aston Villa sign striker Wesley from Club Brugge for a club record 22m.
  • Katrien is making them money already! The fans can definitely look forward to their rating going up every season
  • Barnsley have signed Luke Thomas from Derby on a four year deal, he was on loan at Coventry last season.
  • Katrien is making them money already! The fans can definitely look forward to their rating going up every season
    Premier League stars of the future.

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

I will miss watching Hazard in the Premier League. I think he is a class player. 
  • Pablo Fornals has signed for West Ham 27m from Villareal, midfielder so closes the door on Josh Cullen a little bit more.
  • Pablo Fornals has signed for West Ham 27m from Villareal, midfielder so closes the door on Josh Cullen a little bit more.
    Lets see if Declan Rice leaves West Ham. If he stays i'd say Cullen will not be needed. If he goes they may hang on to Cullen.