Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    So the Aussies have asked Douchebag to ask the ex-directors to take a haircut on the monies owed to them? Mmm,doesnt bode well does it🙄
    No they haven’t. Where did you get that info?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    jondon76 said:
    cafcwill said:
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    So it is the Aussies who are trying to screw the ex directors?
    They haven’t offered them a so-called ‘haircut’. 
    Let’s leave it for them to sort out folks. Things are ongoing, and probably changing hour by hour, so hard to comment further. @Bedsaddick
    oh i have missed the Its Happening Gifs
    In your dreams, I've fallen for Mr James Seeds itk before!
    I’m not trying to con anyone thanks very much ;-)
  • Options
    A final few concerns of mine on this subject-:
    1. If Aussies want a 'clean title' why? Do they want to raise funds by mortgaging the stadium/land? That could result in the club being in financial trouble should their plan/ambitions go wrong.
    2. If they want the 'clean title' why not just pay the ex-directors off as it seems quite clear RD isn't going to do it.
    3. If, and I don't know if true or not, Muir with all his wealth doesn't want to do this on his own, why is he still trying to get a group together after 2 years?
    4. and finally, Lee and the team surpassed all expectations last season by getting us promoted on a shoestring, if they are intent on buying us surely they would have secured Lee's services again by now and not leave it to RD or when his conrtract runs out in 20 DAYS time?
  • Options
    Brunello said:
    Addickted said:
    _MrDick said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    .clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    The three directors RD has blamed for holding up the takeover are owed a total of £2.65m.

If he for example only wants to pay them 50% then RD is delaying the takeover for the sake of £1.32m.

Even if the clubs losses are cut to say £6m a season, the takeover dragging on another 3 months means he may have to put another £1.5m into the club.

He’s likely to get £30m+ by selling the club and potentially further payments if we’re experience any success on the pitch.

Have the other directors agreed to be paid a % of their loan and therefore RD is refusing to pay any of them off in full?
    That would be a kick in the b@llocks from the Aussies aswell then.
    No it's not thier debt , but after all this time and the season 2 months away the Aussies are going to mess about over £1.3 million.
    Can't see it.
    If Roland decides to settle the £1.3 million just before the start of the season the Aussies will have a few weeks to get in the players the manager wants.

I believe it’s £7m the Aussies are dealing with now.  
    I’ve a possible solution to the current impasse, but it would involve compromise by Roland, which might be a stumbling block. 
    But it's not.

The ex Directors are prepared to take a hair cut, as long as he sells lock, stock and barrel. RDs post suggests that he has already agreed with the majority of the ex Directors (though David White has questioned that).

At least the position seems more fluid now that LvT has contacted them at last.
    Is that correct? Bob Whitehand has this morning said on Twitter that he’s never met or spoken to Duchatelet.  

Are you certain he has.

He may not have spoken to or met RD, but LvT has been in touch with all the ex Directors now.

Rudders, read above & note that Brunello is a trusted source.
    thanks mate
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Fyi, since start of the year my haircut has gone from £12 to £18. 
    Highlights?
  • Options
    Let’s just face it we used up a lifetime of luck with 1998 and 2019 play off wins
    we dared let a black cat cross our path
    now we are doomed to dull wankdomness as a football club
    while palace and the scum laugh as they continually finish above us in the footballing structure 
    It’s what we truly deserve for years of pitiful away support 
    I’ve accepted it , will you 
  • Options
    Brunello said:
    Brunello said:
    Addickted said:
    _MrDick said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    .clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    The three directors RD has blamed for holding up the takeover are owed a total of £2.65m.

If he for example only wants to pay them 50% then RD is delaying the takeover for the sake of £1.32m.

Even if the clubs losses are cut to say £6m a season, the takeover dragging on another 3 months means he may have to put another £1.5m into the club.

He’s likely to get £30m+ by selling the club and potentially further payments if we’re experience any success on the pitch.

Have the other directors agreed to be paid a % of their loan and therefore RD is refusing to pay any of them off in full?
    That would be a kick in the b@llocks from the Aussies aswell then.
    No it's not thier debt , but after all this time and the season 2 months away the Aussies are going to mess about over £1.3 million.
    Can't see it.
    If Roland decides to settle the £1.3 million just before the start of the season the Aussies will have a few weeks to get in the players the manager wants.

I believe it’s £7m the Aussies are dealing with now.  
    I’ve a possible solution to the current impasse, but it would involve compromise by Roland, which might be a stumbling block. 
    But it's not.

The ex Directors are prepared to take a hair cut, as long as he sells lock, stock and barrel. RDs post suggests that he has already agreed with the majority of the ex Directors (though David White has questioned that).

At least the position seems more fluid now that LvT has contacted them at last.
    Is that correct? Bob Whitehand has this morning said on Twitter that he’s never met or spoken to Duchatelet.  

Are you certain he has.

He may not have spoken to or met RD, but LvT has been in touch with all the ex Directors now.

Rudders, read above & note that Brunello is a trusted source.
    Don’t ever recall me or anyone saying that LvT has spoken to the ex directors?
    In which case I owe you a massive apology, as I have misunderstood your post at 11.55am. 
    It appears that you requoted Addickted, but made no comment.
    I thought it was you that had made the comment.
    Sorry.
    not cheers mate :(
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rudders22 said:
    James, I know you can;t say too much. Has there been significant change towards the sale of the club since Wembley? Are there a lot of things going on the background that they are negotiating towards the completion? Are we getting towards the end game now?  You mention more will be revelaed in the next few days regarding the loans. Is this something different from what Airman Brown had David White have said?   (sitting here with popcorn in one hand and a drink of coke in the other).  
    Good questions, but do you seriously think I’d say ‘we’re getting towards an endgame’ after I got into trouble for saying ‘the Aussies are hoping it’ll take two weeks or so’ a year ago.  ;-)  No way! (Although I’m certainly more optimistic than I was a couple of months ago). 

But yes, there has been a significant change since Wembley. And again, from two sources. 
    And yes there are things going on in the background, and hopefully progress can be made. Hopefully the directors or the Aussies will fill in the details if and when they feel they can.
    Thanks for the comment about the questions mate. I never gave you grief but I know others did.  I will keep my fingers crossed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Eight outstanding charges

David Hughes
    David Sumners
    David White
    Sir Maurice Hatter
    Richard Murray
    56 Developments LLP (Bob Whitehand)
    Harmsworth Pension Funds Trustees (No.2) Limited
    seven isn't it?
    Sorry, missed out Derek Chappell.
  • Options
    Don't want the Aussies either tbh, sounds like things wont be any different,  certainly doubt our budget will be any bigger, but at least Roland will be gone I suppose, small mercies and all that!
  • Options
    jondon76 said:
    Don't want the Aussies either tbh, sounds like things wont be any different,  certainly doubt our budget will be any bigger, but at least Roland will be gone I suppose, small mercies and all that!
    Nice assumption... We'll see. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    jondon76 said:
    cafcwill said:
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    So it is the Aussies who are trying to screw the ex directors?
    They haven’t offered them a so-called ‘haircut’. 
    Let’s leave it for them to sort out folks. Things are ongoing, and probably changing hour by hour, so hard to comment further. @Bedsaddick
    oh i have missed the Its Happening Gifs
    In your dreams, I've fallen for Mr James Seeds itk before!
    I’m not trying to con anyone thanks very much. 
    have a breather JamesSeed, you're getting a bit defensive. Many of us appreciate your input and updates. We don't expect them and we don't hang on every word given a past failing. 

Don't take it to heart. 

Also some people like to dismiss just about anything. 
    Not taking it to heart at all mate. Finding it all quite amusing second time round.
     It’s just frustrating not being able to give away very much. 

When you tell us the deal has been done, all will be forgiven
  • Options
    £33m seems almost fair, maybe a bit high but wouldn't include the ex director debts. 

For £35m they could clear the problem debts and I'd welcome them if they do that... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jondon76 said:
    Irs not all about budget though. Its a having a plan/strategy and not just bobbing along. 
    I see what you did there Rosie 'when the Red, Red Robin goes............' :wink:
  • Options
    jondon76 said:
    Irs not all about budget though. Its a having a plan/strategy and not just bobbing along. 

I think some sort of decent budget is a big part of any plan/strategy unfortunately though mate, regardless who ends up taking over
  • Options
    Just sell the club RD.
  • Options
    thanks Inmot for your info
  • Options
    Yours efforts to keep us informed are much appreciated by many on here, including myself, Mr Seed.

I'm heartened to hear that Team Oz are attempting to get around the impasse.  It's just a shame that, ultimately, they will need the agreement of a nutty, bullshitting Shitweasel.....who seems determined not to sell the club!
    I think RD is absolutely dying to sell the club, but there's also a large part of him that just can't take loss and this bit is winning at the moment. I think this dilemma is driving the booking bonkers tbh
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    33 million ! 
    What happened to the 65 million ?
    For the love of Charlton some one cough up 40 million and buy Cafc lock stock and barrel and pay off Murray and co, so they can just be fans again and we can say Roland who. ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!