Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Many miles have I travelled (match day travel how far do you travel to home games)

Since moving up to Norfolk and being financially stable again I have been able to finally get season tickets again and getting my girls their first season tickets which they are both buzzing about.
Back in the days when I used to live in Eltham and would walk or bus it to the Valley every other weekend without fail I now have to endure a 250 mile round trip, this got me thinking how far do other season ticket holders have to travel to home games and what would be the furthest.
This season alone excluding Cup or playoffs games (I need waking up) my poor car would have done 11500 miles (the UK average was 7,134 miles back in 2017).
Cost wise just in fuel is gonna be around £1650 let alone the wear the the motor so I'm hoping this season will be worth it despite RD still owning the club and ruining everything he touches he won't be ruining my family time in my car on match days. 

Comments

• Peckham - Charlton = 28 minutes by train! 
  • 130 mile round trip . I can drive to Charlton from Biggleswade , if there’s no traffic , in less than 90 minutes . 
  • Could walk it in about an hour from Lee, but I don't.
  • When I went, and when my boycott is over, about 3 miles. Plumstead to The Valley.
  • My furthest is when I was on the north Wales coast..a place called llanfairfechan that was around 260 each way.did about 10 homes a season.Had a ST living in Shrewsbury that was 180 E/W. And in Lincs when I had a ST was 140 E/W. 
    Never lived in London. 
  • edited June 2019
    Bermuda. But not every week ;)

Total mileage 6,908
  • About 130 mile round trip to The Valley from Bedfordshire (A1, M25, M11).
  • About 150 mile round trip from Northampton. 
  • Around 180 miles round trip if driving, but as I'm pwopa Charlton I let the train take the strain so 2 hours door-to-turnstile
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    400 mile round trip .. I am NOT a s/t holder
  • 220 mile round-trip from Norwich

Did maybe 15 homes and a handful of aways last season

It's painful that my return to the uk after years abroad is tied to the Roland era
  • 130 mile round trip . I can drive to Charlton from Biggleswade , if there’s no traffic , in less than 90 minutes . 
    You can also catch the train from Biggleswade to London Bridge and then to the Valley  also about  85 mins. Frequently use Biggleswade as a route to work in London
  • 25 minutes from Keston if lights are kind. But travelled 3000 miles round trip for the play off final. 
    You can also catch the train from Biggleswade to London Bridge and then to the Valley  also about  85 mins. Frequently use Biggleswade as a route to work in London

Only weekdays . The Horsham train doesn't run weekends . Proper Charlton talk !!!
  • 871km according to google maps. 
    However, only done it once since I moved to West Cork. 
    Went to Shrewsbury away & Wembley obvs. 

Not a penny more. 
  • Ten minute walk
  • 466.2 mile round trip from my backdoor to the Valley and back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Horsham to Charlton

Car
    About 90 minutes to a non-restricted parking area, then walk down (57-ish miles each way - 114ish Miles round trip) 

Train
    HRH - LBG - CTN (About 2 Hours) costing about £30

• addicktom said:
    About 150 mile round trip from Northampton. 
    Hiya. Just moved down the road from you (Bozeat), but am still boycotting home games.
  • Used to do a 440 mile round trip regular and once did nearly ten years only missing two home games and that mileage does not take in to account the diversion I did most trips via Southend to pick my nephew up and take him to the Valley as he was in grave danger of becoming a nigel. Financial woes put a stop to my season tickets and jaunts down south on any kind of regular basis :(  
  • 30 odd mile round trip from Upminster in Essex. Regularly do it in under 50 minutes by public transport. In the early 90s I lived and worked in Sheffield for four years. Didn’t miss a home game at Upton Park or The Valley. Night games were a bit of a killer though.
  • 88.6 miles round trip, apprx 75 mins each way depending on A21, M25 & A2.
  • 46.8 miles round trip from home to where I park @ Charlton

Its the about a mile in total down to the Valley and back
  • About 14 miles away (in North London) takes me about an hour using the tube and train to  reach the ground
  • 25 minute walk. Love being local again.
  • 100 mile round trip. My first game was pre-M25 and I think the journey took 3-4 days. 
  • Fair play to you all.  I chose Kent Uni because it was close enough to get back for home games and aways.  They had a coach from the Victoria hotel 

I’m sure you’re not meant to choose your uni and career based on getting back to see your football club, but oh well