Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Refund

Having both purchased season tickets can we get a refund if we return them before the season starts?

Comments

• Having both purchased season tickets can we get a refund if we return them before the season starts?

Have they posted them out already?
  • Having both purchased season tickets can we get a refund if we return them before the season starts?

I’ll give you £50 each for them . :smile:
  • edited June 2019
    Not yet received so guess I can cancel order 
  • Why are you looking to cancel?
  • I very much doubt it. There was nothing in the S/T regulations that said LB has to be the manager.
  • I realise that CE but if the season hasn’t started why can’t I just return the tickets and get a refund 
  • Has the deadline passed for early bird pricing? If so that might make it a bit challenging. 

Either way, doubt you can get your money back. 
  • edited June 2019
    I realise that CE but if the season hasn’t started why can’t I just return the tickets and get a refund 
    Change of mind or circumstances. A business doesn't have to let you return an item if you have changed your mind or your circumstances have changed. However, some stores have their own in-store policy to offer a refund, exchange or credit note for 'change-of-mind' purchases.

However -

, mail and phone order sales. Online, mail and telephone order customershave the right to cancel their order for a limited time even if the goods aren't faulty. ...You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back. They don't have to provide a reason.

• Sponsored links:

• I realise that CE but if the season hasn’t started why can’t I just return the tickets and get a refund 
    Change of mind or circumstances. A business doesn't have to let you return an item if you have changed your mind or your circumstances have changed. However, some stores have their own in-store policy to offer a refund, exchange or credit note for 'change-of-mind' purchases.

However -

, mail and phone order sales. Online, mail and telephone order customershave the right to cancel their order for a limited time even if the goods aren't faulty. ...You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back. They don't have to provide a reason.

Get a credit note for the season after next @lancashire lad - it could be a promotion back to the championship??
  • Any reasonable club would give you your money back if you changed your mind before the season started.

So I doubt this lot would.

• You have 28 days AFTER RECEIVING IT to tell the business you are returning a mail order / internet item for a full refund. No reason required. If the business doesn’t accept the return, claim from your cc company - this is why you should always buy mail order with a cc. 
  • You have 28 days AFTER RECEIVING IT to tell the business you are returning a mail order / internet item for a full refund. No reason required. If the business doesn’t accept the return, claim from your cc company - this is why you should always buy mail order with a cc. 
    I think tickets for sporting events may be exempt from this rule in the same way that concert tickets are
  • Two words... Norfolk Enchance
  • Here's what I would do, @lancashire lad ...

• Email the club straight away, telling them you want a refund on your season ticket.  
    • Post on Facebook, to say you've cancelled your season ticket purchase, because Lee Bowyer is out of contract in a few days' time and RD is still the owner.  Tag the Charlton Facebook account.  Encourage people to share it. 
    • Do the same on Twitter. 
    If it adds even the merest scintilla of pressure on RD to sort out a new contract for Bowyer and/or fuck off, then it will have been worth it. 
  • thank you all for your advice, if I go ahead I will try and do as Chizz suggests but I might need help - let's give it to the end of the month and see what happens.
  • That's exactly the opposite of what I suggested.  If you're unhappy now, you should register that with the club by going ahead with a refund demand, in part in order to add pressure to him.  If you leave it, the club may decide against refunding you, because it's gone beyond a reasonable time in which you could change your mind.  

Your choice though.  Good luck. 
  • Oh look they've extended the deadline.
    Good advice AA, my pal did that with his mail order bride, why it took him 27 days to find out that he had ordered a bangkok ladyboy I will never understand ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Lee will be in charge
    But of whom I'm not certain of
    Let's hope its us so we all haven't wasted our money
    Think we  brought them with our hearts not our heads while still riding on the Wembley wave
  • edited June 2019
    It doesn't really matter whether you can or can't. Everyone who ends up feeling they have been missed should harass the club for refunds. If the furore was loud enough they would have to do something.
  • When you purchased the ticket did the club specify that LB would be manager and that there would be a new owner ? If not then I don’t see your grounds for a refund... 
  • bbob said:
    When you purchased the ticket did the club specify that LB would be manager and that there would be a new owner ? If not then I don’t see your grounds for a refund... 
    You dont need to give a reason in order to be entitled to a refund.
  • As Stu says I don't need a reason for a refund and do understand that whoever manages or owns the club is not a reason for a refund, but for me personally if LB goes so do I, I shall bide my time until the end of the month
  • As Stu says I don't need a reason for a refund and do understand that whoever manages or owns the club is not a reason for a refund, but for me personally if LB goes so do I, I shall bide my time until the end of the month
    If you're going to wait until the end of the month, you'll be less likely to get a refund I imagine 
  • edited June 2019
    Chizz said:
    Here's what I would do, @lancashire lad ...

• Email the club straight away, telling them you want a refund on your season ticket.  
    • Post on Facebook, to say you've cancelled your season ticket purchase, because Lee Bowyer is out of contract in a few days' time and RD is still the owner.  Tag the Charlton Facebook account.  Encourage people to share it. 
    • Do the same on Twitter. 
    If it adds even the merest scintilla of pressure on RD to sort out a new contract for Bowyer and/or fuck off, then it will have been worth it. 
    You seem to think that the Belgian actually wants LB to stay ? I don't think that he does, he didn't want promotion that's why he's fucking about with the contracts.
  • bbob said:
    When you purchased the ticket did the club specify that LB would be manager and that there would be a new owner ? If not then I don’t see your grounds for a refund... 
    Agreed. I don't see how people have been misled anyway. We knew Bowyer hadn't signed a new contract, and we know that the takeover has been dragging on for 2 years
  • The thing is, if Bowyer leaves you have a great reason for returning it. You were mislead over the quality of the product!
  • I highly doubt we will need to wait to the end of the month to find out if Lee is staying