Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RD speaks

Comments

• What is the point behind this statement?

• Given what's gone on to date, that's a decent update tbf.
  • God, how I hate that man.
  • Valley11 said:
    The bit I don’t understand is he says he’s in the process of selling then talks about a spendthrift plan for next season, like he’s planning to stick around.

Did anyone else think that or is it just knackered me?
    No different to the season just finished.
    Trying to sell, won't drop his price enough, so will try and reduce his annual losses if there's no sale.
  • Weird statement. Part very reasonable and sensible, part paranoid schizophrenic yelling at strangers at the bus stop.
  • Don’t believe everything you read !
    Come on ... spill the beans, Lennie
  • And we have @DOUCHER on the sale thread that he thinks the sale is as close as ever if Directors waive their loans ... what’s going on! 
  • edited June 2019
    Apart from the dig at fans, that was a fairly respectful announcement. I think we're all entitled to our views of Roland but no point attacking him for every single thing he says. As much of a monumental cock he is, he could definitely be more of a cock than that (and has been in the past).

Let's hope we do sell, and in time to have a decent transfer window. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Am I missing something ? Apart from the fact I don't think RD wrote this it seems a reasonable statement to me

Agreed to an extent

He's right that Championship spending is slightly stupid

He's right that our smaller budget doesnt mean instant relegation (take Accrington in League One this season)

He's right that we've got some good kids coming through

He's even right that we stand more chance of being sold now we're back in the Championship BUT despite being a club in London (meaning expensive land) he still needs to lower his asking price for any deal to happen quickly
    Pretty much the way I see it too.
  • I agree we should stay away from anyone that Peter Varney introduces
  • I agree we should stay away from anyone that Peter Varney introduces
    Curious to hear more on that. It seems most here really like PV.
  • edited June 2019
    Im not sure its the best sales tactic to be shouting from the rooftops that "all Championship club owners face huge yearly losses"
    It's hardly a secret.
    It was a secret that evaded him when he bought us!
    Tbf it wasn't. He assumed the EFL would not change the FFP rules.
    They changed the rules and allowed clubs to lose £39M over 3 seasons.

This was down to The Premier League IIRC, threatening to reduce their payments if the EFL did not agree.

I can't remember what the plan was in 2014, but it was working towards all Championship clubs having to break even or only have losses of a few million per season. 
  • cafc4life said:
    To me it says bowyer has a contract extension in place, he either signs and carries on or fucks off because he’s not getting offered anything more
    Correct and unless Duchatelet moves towards Bowyer, he will be off.
  • chatte muette
  • I wonder if all the staff hide their keyboards when’s RD is in town? Doubt any comms professional was too involved with that.
  • Secret film of Roland at his most sincere.

Image result for liar gif
  • Sponsored links:

• ...threads you shouldn't open when you've had a few beers after work on a Friday evening.
  • Haphazard statement with no overall message. Ultimately confirms no budget for another season and implies he'll stay.
  • Looks like it's time to make a quick visit to another Roland-owned structure in Belgium.

I don’t believe you
  • edited June 2019
    ^^^ this with knobs on