Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Playoff final ‘19 ‘dvd’ idea

I've mentioned this to the club and wondered what support for it might be like.

Perhaps blu ray, and could include the season, playoffs, final as well as the ‘98 final, battle for the valley, and maybe even season highlights for any missing years gone by. Thought some fan clips might be good too now there is so much footage. 

Any (sensible) suggestions, thoughts?

Comments

• I would absolutely buy this.  Would it be possible to add the players' Instagram footage as extras?
  • It could come with a foldout pic of the above with a target over it... ;)
  • Hopefully in blu-ray as I'm used to high quality videos these days and the materials mentioned above deserve to be displayed in at least 1080p. 
  • razil said:

Perhaps blu ray, and could include the season, playoffs, final as well as the ‘98 final, battle for the valley, and maybe even season highlights for any missing years gone by. Thought some fan clips might be good too now there is so much footage. 

Stick in the centre circle sex scene and this little beauty's got the lot.

I'd watch it.
  • razil said:

Not everyone has a blu-ray player!
    I have a computer blu-ray drive which is much cheaper.
  • Surely it has to be a full season DVD?
  • razil said:

Not everyone has a blu-ray player!
    Got an xbox or ps4? Then you can watch a blu ray.
  • Why blu-ray?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hd format and capacity on blu ray, could be a dvd version and or download too I guess. I wonder if the broadcast was available in 4K - only just upgraded to a telly that can do that, haven’t got a 4K disc player tho, weirdly the PS4 pro does 4K but it’s drive doesn’t.
  • What would be good is a USB drive with the game pre-loaded, like a keyring. Quite a few music venues do it when you watch gigs. 

That way you can just plug it into any USB on any TV. I dont have a DVD player at home as its all online. 
  • BTW if you have SKY you can now download the whole game plus the pre interviews and after match celebrations and interviews on catch up. It is just over 3hrs. 
  • It can sit pride of place in my collection with Black Sabbath & Luton,Lisbie,Liverpool
  • Rudders22 said:
    BTW if you have SKY you can now download the whole game plus the pre interviews and after match celebrations and interviews on catch up. It is just over 3hrs. 

likewise with their highlights show. Have downloaded both.

Btw I can't remember the last time I played a DVD, bit old hat now isn't it?

• Dazzler21 said:
    Surely it has to be a full season DVD?
    I agree, along with all the other stuff mentioned at the start of this thread in a double dvd pack. 
  • Taking away the play-off semis and final, what would be your highlights of the season? Last couple of minutes of Accrington at home? Pick of Lyle's goals? Anything else?
  • BFG94 said:
    Taking away the play-off semis and final, what would be your highlights of the season? Last couple of minutes of Accrington at home? Pick of Lyle's goals? Anything else?
    Constant wins after going a goal down

Two 4-0 wins over Scunthorpe and Rochdale

Doing the double over Portsmouth
  • What's a DVD 🤣 it's all about blu-ray or 4k streaming 
  • Any chance of a video ?
  • Sponsored links:

• What I'd like to know is do these 4k, blu-ray DVD thingies fit my top loading Betamax?
  • Put me down for a 2 disc Laserdisc set!
  • Whole season
    Road to Wembley 
  • What I'd like to know is do these 4k, blu-ray DVD thingies fit my top loading Betamax?
    flog the betamax as an antique and buy yourself some new kit..
  • Was the game and/or the occasion that big?
    We got out of League 1. Personally I wouldn't want a video of that. Going up another level yes.
  • 38,000 thought so :smile:
  • BFG94 said:
    Taking away the play-off semis and final, what would be your highlights of the season? Last couple of minutes of Accrington at home? Pick of Lyle's goals? Anything else?
    Constant wins after going a goal down

Two 4-0 wins over Scunthorpe and Rochdale

Doing the double over Portsmouth
    Luton @ Home/Away too.

Just thinking about what game sI'd want to match back makes me remember how good a season it's been.

• razil said:e
    38,000 thought so :smile:
    And I was one of them. But not interested in a DVD of the game.
    Betamax as I do not have VHS.
    Betamax as I do not have VHS.
    How about a bloke with a bell walking the streets and calling out the commentary?