Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019 Women’s World Cup

England are in pot 1 with France, USA, Germany, Canada and Australia.

Scotland are in pot 3 with Korea, China, Italy, New Zealand and Thailand.

Comments

• A
    France

B
    Germany

C
    Australia

D
    England

E
    Canada

F
    USA
  • A
    France
    Norway

B
    Germany
    Spain

C
    Australia
    Brazil

D
    England
    Japan

E
    Canada
    Netherlands

F
    USA
    Sweden
  • Japan! Remember our screamer of an own goal to lose our semi-final to them last time?
  • Thinking of going to the semi finals and final of this (all in Lyon) next summer as my wife is a big fan of women's football.
  • A
    France
    South Korea
    Norway

B
    Germany
    China
    Spain

C
    Australia
    Italy
    Brazil

D
    England
    Scotland
    Japan

E
    Canada
    New Zealand
    Netherlands

F
    USA
    Thailand
    Sweden
  • A
    France
    South Korea
    Norway
    Nigeria

B
    Germany
    China
    Spain
    South Africa

C
    Australia
    Italy
    Brazil
    Jamaica

D
    England
    Scotland
    Argentina
    Japan

E
    Canada
    Cameroon
    New Zealand
    Netherlands

F
    USA
    Thailand
    Chile
    Sweden
  • Draw complete. Very interesting group for England and Scotland...
  • What a lovely group to stoke up some Our Girls nationalism
  • Draw complete. Very interesting group for England and Scotland...

Didn’t England women beat Scotland women 800-0 when they played recently?
  • US get Sweden who are a real bogey team for them. Knocked then out of the Olympics. Thankfully Pia no longer coaches Sweden.
  • Sponsored links:

• England v Scotland in Nice, 9th June

England v Argentina in Le Havre, 14th June

Japan v England in Nice, 19th June
  • se9addick said:

Draw complete. Very interesting group for England and Scotland...

Didn’t England women beat Scotland women 800-0 when they played recently?
    England beat Scotland 6-0, BUT the Scots were without Kim Little, Jenny Beattie and Ross.
    Imagine Wales when Bale, Ramsey and Davies are missing.
  • Poor result for England in their final warm up match

85 minutes gone losing 1-0 to New Zealand
  • Finished 1-0 New Zealand very very poor for England
  • Can we have a CL poll to see who is genuinely interested in women's football. No one appears to go unless freebies or extraordinary cheap tickets. 
  • edited June 2019
    I'm a big fan of women's football, you get crap matches like you do in men's football.

England losing today and the reserve keeper making a mistake will be a kick up the backside but the most important thing is they got minutes in their legs and no injuries.
    England v Scotland could be a closer contest now Scotland has 5 players who are fit and play for top clubs.
  • Genuine question. 

What tier of mens football would they be competitive in ?

tier 8,9,10....?
  • edited June 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Genuine question. 

tier 8,9,10....?
    You can not be serious !

Other than horse racing, I can't think of any other sport males and females could compete in on a level playing field.
    Snooker and darts should be possible but it hasn't happened yet.

• Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Genuine question. 

tier 8,9,10....?
    You can not be serious !

Other than horse racing, I can't think of any other sport males and females could compete in on a level playing field.

Snooker is weird imo

I have see Ng On Yee, Reanne Evans and Rebecca Kenna play great stuff on the womens tour, yet when they play on the main tour either qualifiers or Q School they struggle, not sure if its a mental thing or what but no reasom they cant compete with men and i would love to see it.

Ng On Yee has come close, she was close to beating McManus in the World Championship Qualifier this year, and won a couple of matches in Q School 2.
  • Snooker, darts, horse racing, motor racing, dressage, sailing, shooting, archery, possibly golf, you get mixed teams in badminton and tennis so they can't be miles apart let's be honest, I'd reckon all of those could be gender inclusive eventually.

Things that require prolonged bouts of stamina and power though I don't think you can ever compare
  • no offence, well there will be some... womens world cup, i didn't even know it was on. i'll watch a bit maybe but i think i speak for most (yes those of you who care can have a go if you wish) but womens doesn't have the same passion associated with it as the mens game. this will be last post on the subject as i really couldn't care less if we won or not. sorry. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Genuine question. 

tier 8,9,10....?
    You can not be serious !

Was genuine question for comparison. 

I can compare a female athletes times to see the difference between men and women. Just wondered where they would fit in men’s game. 

Serena Williams at her height of power was said to be unlikely to win more than the odd game or two against any of the top 200 men

• MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Genuine question. 

tier 8,9,10....?
    You can not be serious !

Was genuine question for comparison. 

I can compare a female athletes times to see the difference between men and women. Just wondered where they would fit in men’s game. 

Serena Williams at her height of power was said to be unlikely to win more than the odd game or two against any of the top 200 men

Thats rubbish top 20 maybe but not top 200
  • "In 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them.

Up stepped German unknown Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2.

"I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena.

"They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment."

• To be fair that was 21-years ago

But if this month has proven anything its that little changes over time

- Charlton will always beat Sunderland in a Play-Off Final
     - A man ranked in the top 200 will still beat the Williams sisters ;)
  • "In 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them.

Up stepped German unknown Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2.

"I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena.

"They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment."

“Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centred around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".
  • Really good documentary just on BBC about the England team, hope they do well. Never found the need to compare the womens game to the mens just like I don't compare watching Greenwich Borough to Manchester City.
  • Nug said:
    Really good documentary just on BBC about the England team, hope they do well. Never found the need to compare the womens game to the mens just like I don't compare watching Greenwich Borough to Manchester City.
    Exactly. Watching two evenly matched teams at any level can be entertaining.