Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Epsom Ladies day

Any tips, apart from to come back with muddy knees and elbows? 

Comments

• Protection 
  • edited May 2019
    Frankellina in the Oaks. 

Watching the Musidora back, literally everything went wrong: missed the break by 5-6L, didn't seem to want to get going for a couple of furlongs, and had to pass every horse to get anywhere near.

To get within a neck of the winner was very impressive, and while it's fair to say we have little idea of the quality of the race, I strongly suspect she'll appreciate an extra furlong-and-a-bit given how she shaped.

14s or 16s is a ludicrous price and I would snap that right up as she will almost certainly go shorter on the day.

Edit: Definitely each way. There are several unexposed types here who could be a bit of anything.
  • Other races:

2.00 - don't care, but possibly Oh Purple Reign at 6/1 offers some sort of value

2.35 - a legitimate handicap offering value. I'll probably opt for Hortzadar, but Masham Star and Gossiping are attractive options in the low double digits, too.

3.10 - Coronation Cup

Not got a massive preview in my locker yet, as this is a race I'll be spending the morning studying (possibly sacrificing on price a tad). With nine runners I might look for some each-way filth just as Salouen was last year. That named horse is a no at the price, especially given the 0-9 strike rate in Group 1s.

I don't understand why Communique is longer than Defoe in the betting, having beaten him well last time out. At 16s that's a tempting nibble, and I'll plump for him over Marmelo in my each-way search. While I like the latter-named, he'd appreciate a stiffer test of stamina.

3.45 - Eleven-runner handicap a bit grim for places, don't much care about the race but maybe What About Carlo at the price. Mountain Angel for win purposes. 

4.30 - already covered - Oaks. I think Anapurna, Pink Dogwood and Mehdaayih (that order) are all very likely types but no value really.

5.15 - Ugh, Space Blues? Will give more thoughts on this (and a couple others) in the morning.

5.50 - Blackheath for the name!! I think Corazon Espinado is very very handily weighted though too. Not a race I give much thought to, especially as I'm usually one or two pints deep by this point in the day.

Good luck and caveat emptor, etc etc.
  • Be careful!!, i went there a few years ago and the only horse I remember seeing was a police horse :blush: the rest is a blur
  • Sorry, one more thing, I remember dancing to the Ghost Buster theme in the road :neutral:
  • Boooòooo.........

Disgraceful treatment. Having to shut part of a golf course just so a few horses can run round and round and round.....
  • Splash of Blue Stratos usually does the trick.  
  • I'm there today....will take note of some of @PaddyP17 tips, given that I know the square route of f**k all about flat racing

• Lol I went for all so Gossiping, excellent
  • Sponsored links:

• Maqsad e/w in the Oaks
  • sralan said:
    Maqsad e/w in the Oaks
    EW filth at the odds!! 
  • Bugger I had a sneaky feeling for Defoe but didn’t have any money on!
  • shouldn't this thread be pics only....
  • Bugger I had a sneaky feeling for Defoe but didn’t have any money on!
    I said this to my spurs mate, who actually put a bet on him lol 

I am on frankelina in the next and Mehdaayih , only bet on one other horse today to be honest saving for tomorrow as i will be there. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Other races:

2.00 - don't care, but possibly Oh Purple Reign at 6/1 offers some sort of value

2.35 - a legitimate handicap offering value. I'll probably opt for Hortzadar, but Masham Star and Gossiping are attractive options in the low double digits, too.

3.10 - Coronation Cup

Not got a massive preview in my locker yet, as this is a race I'll be spending the morning studying (possibly sacrificing on price a tad). With nine runners I might look for some each-way filth just as Salouen was last year. That named horse is a no at the price, especially given the 0-9 strike rate in Group 1s.

I don't understand why Communique is longer than Defoe in the betting, having beaten him well last time out. At 16s that's a tempting nibble, and I'll plump for him over Marmelo in my each-way search. While I like the latter-named, he'd appreciate a stiffer test of stamina.

3.45 - Eleven-runner handicap a bit grim for places, don't much care about the race but maybe What About Carlo at the price. Mountain Angel for win purposes. 

4.30 - already covered - Oaks. I think Anapurna, Pink Dogwood and Mehdaayih (that order) are all very likely types but no value really.

5.15 - Ugh, Space Blues? Will give more thoughts on this (and a couple others) in the morning.

5.50 - Blackheath for the name!! I think Corazon Espinado is very very handily weighted though too. Not a race I give much thought to, especially as I'm usually one or two pints deep by this point in the day.

Good luck and caveat emptor, etc etc.
    Hope you were on 1/2 forcast there Paddy called it , bar 3rd obv :) 
  • Winner at 9.8s in that, only bet of the day! 
  • Anapurna p make it yeah. Cash money spend money