Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Rumours

Not sure when this thread usually starts but.. over the next few days and weeks it will be very interesting to see who comes and goes.. 

Who would be your priorities to retain, and bring into the club?

Comments

• Retain Bauer and Aribo at all costs.

Got a funny feeling Reeves and Williams will not be retained.

parker and igor can go.

Try and get back Maxwell, Purrington, Cullen and Bielik.

Sign 3 strikers, central midfielder, centre back

parker and igor can go.

Doubt Maxwell will fancy coming back. Left a Championship club because he couldn't get a game, dropped down a league to us and didn't get a single second on the pitch. I don't think he'll fancy his chances of nicking Dillon's spot even after Sunday's howler. Another real issue we'll have there is knowing Roland, when Bowyer asks for a second keeper Roland will ask, as always, why he needs another keeper when there's a first choice and an available youth player. This time the old coot will be able to point out that he got Bowyer a backup keeper last time and he didn't even play, so it's Maynard-Brewer or no-one.
  • Keeping this squad, manager, and coaching staff together is a priority before we sign anyone. And that means bringing back Bielik, Cullen and Purrington.
  • James Norwood on a free ? A bit of a punt for championship level. Scored bags of goals last season 
  • Is amos out of contract? And eaves?
  • Cousins & Harriott available on frees.. would you take either of them?

I think we need to bring in at least 6-8 players and the sooner we do it the better 

I cannot see Cullen or Bielik coming back, and get the feeling that Williams may leave too 

• Sponsored links:

• I'd take Cousins back.  Hopefully LB could get him back on track.

Harriot, not so much.
  • Tom lockyer on a free would be good. I was impressed with him. 
  • Theres some good players out there 

Will Keane 
    Gary Hooper 
    Jack Payne 
    Josh McEachran
    Wayne Routledge
  • tgarrat1 said:
    Cousins & Harriott available on frees.. would you take either of them?

I think we need to bring in at least 6-8 players and the sooner we do it the better 

I cannot see Cullen or Bielik coming back, and get the feeling that Williams may leave too 

Cousins yes, Harriott definite no.

I think Bielik will stay. He's not good enough for Arsenal yet (and might never be) and i'm sure they won't see any harm in giving him a championship loan after a year in league one.

Cullen i think will be a late decision (from West ham not from us). I think they'll give him pre season to see how he gets on. Can see Pellegrini making a decision in the last couple of days before the window closes. It's possible they may even keep him just because it will boost their homegrown player quota, especially if Rice is sold.
  • Tom Eaves is a free agent - always been a L1 or L2 player but may be worth a punt on a free. Would be a handful having him and Taylor up top

JFC back next year, full pre season so he will feel like a new signing 
  • Isnt Forster-Caskey another out of contract so we'll have to wait and see if he gets offered terms... After being out for a year I imagine he'll have less clubs interested in him
  • As much as I would like some of the loanees back, we probably won’t know about bielik and Cullen until late in the summer.  There are two types of premier league loans for the younger players.  A first group who the parent club know they want to loan out for the year because they have no chance of making the roster - these you can get early in the transfer period.  The second group are fighting for a spot as a reserve, the parent club wont loan these until they know who the final roster will be.  I would bet Cullen is a possibility for west hams roster.  Bielik might be a longer shot and a more likely candidate to be loaned out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jonny Williams linked to Swansea. Luton and Brentford also interested. 

I think hes be silly to move. All his family and friends are still in Kent. He’s settled in Kent. Moved away to Sunderland and that didn’t work out well. 

parker and igor can go.

Doubt Maxwell will fancy coming back. Left a Championship club because he couldn't get a game, dropped down a league to us and didn't get a single second on the pitch. I don't think he'll fancy his chances of nicking Dillon's spot even after Sunday's howler. Another real issue we'll have there is knowing Roland, when Bowyer asks for a second keeper Roland will ask, as always, why he needs another keeper when there's a first choice and an available youth player. This time the old coot will be able to point out that he got Bowyer a backup keeper last time and he didn't even play, so it's Maynard-Brewer or no-one.
    I disagree. After Conor Ripley signed for Preston Maxwell would be third choice there. He may welcome a chance to compete for the gloves here.

That said their will probably better options out there. Amos for one. A lot depends on how Andy Marshall feels he has integrated into the squad. 
  • As much as I would like some of the loanees back, we probably won’t know about bielik and Cullen until late in the summer.  There are two types of premier league loans for the younger players.  A first group who the parent club know they want to loan out for the year because they have no chance of making the roster - these you can get early in the transfer period.  The second group are fighting for a spot as a reserve, the parent club wont loan these until they know who the final roster will be.  I would bet Cullen is a possibility for west hams roster.  Bielik might be a longer shot and a more likely candidate to be loaned out.
    Squad ffs
    I agree, please never ever say roster again
    Squad ffs
    I agree, please never ever say roster again
    Sorry.  Having moved to the states ten years ago, I guess some of the vernacular has set in.
  • Not accepted

;0)
  • If true that Bowyer went on holiday today, I cannot see anything happening for the next two weeks
  • edited May 2019
    all depends on what we want to achieve for me i would take mid table all about stability again. 

williams wants regular football 
    aribo is an unreal talent and someone will be after him only thing i hope is sell then maybe loaned back to us. 
    bielek isnt going to be in arsenal 1st team and i think a conversation may have been had - can see him still here next season. 

in league 1 we had an advantage being a london club for example its nicer to live here for players that have families etc compared with rochdale/sunderland etc, the championship we are little fish in a big pond.